Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Subscriptions are amazing. You can find your subscribed threads in your User CP (above your rep points).

Do not use the send an e-mail function, though. Admins say not to, so I assume it breaks the site, lol

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, I just had one of my fave professors tell me I was talented and that she was so proud of me for writing a novel/qu3rying :e2cloud9: I feel so lucky to be surrounded by supportive people.

Okay, back to doing homework. :tongue

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, she's such a wonderful professor. I wish she was a little harder (I had her for a poetry class) but what can you do. LOL I can't tell her "Be a harsher critic! Don't give me that A!" lol

I finished one of my assignments so now I only have to write/finish my senior research paper. Wahoo!:snoopy: And then graduating in a few weeks.

Hope everyone has been just as productive today.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I was not as productive on writing today as I wanted to be, but I was productive in other things (for example, my bathroom is sparkling).

I decided to write Austin (soldier android)'s scenes from scratch in TM, with the hope that I will change what needs to be changed if I'm doing that. Some is voice (I am awful at changing voice), some is info we need, some might be scrapping a scene and exchanging with another altogether.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Sage. I'm sure you know this but remember to always save the stuff you take out and like you said we need to know it so I'm sure it will come in handy later.

squalorcat

Registered
Reaction score
Poll:

As you made the transition from being a teen-writing-for-teens into an old-decrepit-person-writing-for-teens (here's looking at you all, my friends), you dealt with it how?

Whiskey? Whiskey.

Now who wants to be best-writer-friends-forever, or at least until we lose our eyesight (not long now!)?

Delio

Registered
Reaction score
Poll:

As you made the transition from being a teen-writing-for-teens into an old-decrepit-person-writing-for-teens (here's looking at you all, my friends), you dealt with it how?

Whiskey? Whiskey.

Now who wants to be best-writer-friends-forever, or at least until we lose our eyesight (not long now!)?

Well I busted out a can of cheese and put some on a cracker and ate it. Then I went and started watching 90's cartoons and loaded in a AOL Cd. Holding onto that teendom ;_;

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Hey all! In honor of me getting ready to pick my agent tomorrow (I got several offers last weekend o.o it's been nutty this week fo' shiz) I'm putting my novella Winter Rose up for free today and tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C75V86/?tag=absowrit-20

Have at it!!!

Oh, and May the 4th be with you!!! :D

squalorcat

Registered
Reaction score
:p

I've seen the Spice Girls twice in concert, Smiley. If given the chance, I'd go for number three faster than Posh can scowl.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! In honor of me getting ready to pick my agent tomorrow (I got several offers last weekend o.o it's been nutty this week fo' shiz) I'm putting my novella Winter Rose up for free today and tomorrow.

Have at it!!!

Congrats pixy!!!!!!!! Woot for a free novella *runs off to grab it*

And may the fourth be with you as well. *total Star Wars geek here*

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
What a great position to be in to get to choose among many agents who want to work with you. You must be on top of the world right now!

I ordered your novella. :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
JK, I have to say that every time you post, I get excited that Jo Rowling is here... until I figure it out.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Not a bad person to be confused with, if only for a moment.

JK Rowley is something my kids say all the time after saying a joke.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by

Have at it!!!

Ooh, congrats, pixydust! :partyguy:

Wow, it seems like 2012 is going to be the year for OPWFT folk! Long may the successes continue. :D

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score

Have at it!!!

Wow, yay! Congrats! That's so exciting!! (I can't use enough exclamation points for this! haha).

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Poll:

Whiskey? Whiskey.

I didn't make the transition. As I teen I tried to write for old folks, and now as an old folk I find I can only write for teens.

Oh, and I never grew up. Hooray for playing pretend with failing eyesight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.