Amazon searches

Jo Zebedee

space opera-popcorn lover!
Registered
Reaction score
Off the shoulder of Orion, not far from Belfast.
Website
Www.jozebedee.com
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can explain something to me. I have a book out, published in the last 30 days which has had 3 reviews on Amazon UK giving 4.75 stars, 2 on Amazon US giving 4*, and 4 on Goodreads giving 5*. These are not bought, or fixed, or in any way dodgy - they are people who have purchased and read the book, and liked it. They're also long reviews, not one liners. So no reason to think I'm fixing the system.

When I search last 30 days, science fiction, and choose the average customer rating search choice, it comes up with a 3.5 as the first book. It then goes through 4 stars, 3 stars, no ratings etc. There seems to be no relation to the list and the reviews order that I can see eg that books with higher numbers of reviews go to the top of the 4 star lists, or whatever. It seems entirely arbitary, even though it claims to be a search parameter.

Am I being an eejit? It has happened on occasion. But surely if you advertise a search facility then that is what you should deliver to the parameters of.

Or am I missing something? All light-shining gratefully received...