Agent for Filmscripts and Novels

mogajones

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know an agent who deals equally in both fields?

Thanks!
:
:
:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Once you get an agent with your novel, they'd be able to negotiate with a film agent. Very few, if any, that I'm aware of deal with both.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I think some of the big agencies have big ties with both film and the publishing industry. The one that I can think of off the top of my head is ICM. I'm not sure that a single agent there would handle both, but they'd probably be able to work out both. I'd look through some of the big agencies and see how it goes with them first.

rainsmom

Feeling like an old timer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melissa-c-alexander.com
I'm assuming you haven't sold any screenplays, or you'd already have a screenplay agent. Screenplays -- particularly the first -- aren't sold the same way book manuscripts are sold. The writer does all the legwork, and an agent is gotten on the back end.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm assuming you haven't sold any screenplays, or you'd already have a screenplay agent. Screenplays -- particularly the first -- aren't sold the same way book manuscripts are sold. The writer does all the legwork, and an agent is gotten on the back end.

Mmmm, well, no.

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
Not a lot take this dual role. Good suggestions above re going the novel route first, or trying one of the big agencies.

But there are a few boutiques out there that cover both novels and films: Peter Miller and Steve Fisher's agencies come to mind (though I profess to know nothing about their sales).

Good luck.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
My agency had a talent and film section (they represent Twiggy! And Kate Winslet! And other famous people!) that I assume my agent will liaise with/outsource to if the need ever arises.

Otherwise I think a lot of agencies have partnerships with film agencies, like Gotham in Hollywood.