Rejectomancy

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a rejection today from the same place that rejected my story yesterday. They must really not want it.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
34-day form R from OSC's IGMS. It wasn't rude, but there was noooooooooooo room for daylight. Mutumbo'd. No no no. Not today.

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
There's my R from Fireside, at 37 days. A flash piece that FFO did everything but buy a couple months ago... had hopes. Ah well.

Peace
Ty

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
1 day personal from Bew1ldering Stor1es. The editor had some helpful suggestions that I may work in if I decide to move forward with the piece.

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
57 day personal from F@nt!stic. Feeling pretty crappy, though I know it's nothing personal. It's just that all the ''please try us again'' and ''enjoyed this, but not quite right..." are really stacking up on me. At this point, I'd almost prefer a form. :/

Last edited:

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
2 month 11 day rejection from Overland. I thought this one had hope! Was "in progress" on submittable for a while, and the edition was to be published next week. But alas, a rejection, nothing positive in the email either. Worst rejection I've had since I started.

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
2 month 11 day rejection from Overland. I thought this one had hope! Was "in progress" on submittable for a while, and the edition was to be published next week. But alas, a rejection, nothing positive in the email either. Worst rejection I've had since I started.

Those really suck. Condolences. :(

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
21 day form R from f@ntasy scr0ll m@g. I haven't written anything short for a while. I probably should.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
9 day personal rejection from shimmer. "It was interesting but..." At least they thought it was interesting, but maybe they say that to everyone! You have to love shimmers rejections though, they quite often give some helpful advice.

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
7-day flop from Bete Noire on a reprint. Included a personal note saying the story was well-written, but felt the ending fell flat. Surprised me, because when the story was originally published, readers commented they liked the ending. But I've always gotten insightful comments from this editor, so respect his view. Just a little unexpected.