A Life of Crime and Chocolate

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I was going to make a cutting remark, but then I remembered I am from the country that invented the deep-fried Twinkie, and as such have neither a culinary nor a nutritional leg to stand on.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Deep fried Mars bars are a lot better than they sound. Not sure about chocolate haggis. But then I've had duck with chocolate sauce, so maybe...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I had a deep-fried Mars bar the other week. It was incredible.

I should point out that I was really, really sceptical and would never have ordered it myself. But someone at my table offered it around, and I could barely stop myself after the first bite.

Seriously, folks.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm intrigued. I can't even imagine what a deep fried chocolate bar would be like.

But that wouldn't stop me from trying one.

:D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
... think of a light tempura batter shell... it cracks under the edge of your fork, and a waft of heat and scent hits you... then from within, an ooze of thick, sweet, choccy caramel oozy ooziness...

... your brain says no, but your tongue says yes... then your brain says yes, yes, yeessss...

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
... think of a light tempura batter shell... it cracks under the edge of your fork, and a waft of heat and scent hits you... then from within, an ooze of thick, sweet, choccy caramel oozy ooziness...

... your brain says no, but your tongue says yes... then your brain says yes, yes, yeessss...

This sounds much better than the fiber one bar I had for breakfast.

Off to the fourth day of committee meetings. I suspect I'll be freebasing Folgers crystals in the bathroom at some point to stay conscious.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Okay. That does it! I'm sold.

Does anyone know how to make this deep fried deliciousness? Please? I have to try this. :D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Just had to show off my new cover! My friend, Patti Roberts at Paradox Book Covers just did this one for me. I know it's my new avatar, but that's a small pic and doesn't do it justice, plus it only shows the front.

EBook Cover

theriverwalkmurdersebookcoverforFBandAW_zps552fb603.jpg

Print cover

theriverwalkmurdersprintcoverforFBandAW_zpsd461250a.jpg

Last edited:

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does this work? I may have to try it for our periodic Business Update meetings.

Fortunately, between bathroom breaks, the frigid temps in the conference room, and lunch, I managed to stay awake. That, and leaving an hour early for a doctor's appointment. It says something when I'd rather see my OB/GYN than stay around for the grand finale of a meeting on the state of truancy legislation.

Nice cover, Ken!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice cover, Ken!

Tarak, I usually find any opportunity to escape early from a meeting to be worthwhile.

For awhile now I've been contemplating starting a blog. Again. I had one a few years ago but was horrible at maintaining it and didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I'm not sure I know any better now, but I've decided to give it a go anyway. In case you're interested, you can find it here.

I've been so busy at work that I've been too exhausted to do any writing. The light at the end of the tunnel has arrived. I think. And I'm warming up with some editing before jumping into new material.

As far as chocolate haggis... no, thank you. I'd much rather the deep-fried Mars bar.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Off to Indianapolis tomorrow for a convention. Spent today celebrating five years since I adopted my first kitty, Snowball, which was cool. He's now chilling, full of special dinner. It wasn't haggis though.

I did get mulled wine chocolates at Hotel Chocolat today though.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
You're traveling to the US over Thanksgiving? Well, better tomorrow than today, I suppose, but still, I hope it all goes smoothly. Happy adoption day, Snowball!

Tomorrow happens to be my grandfather's birthday, so my extended family is coming here. This is the first time the husband and I both have Thanksgiving off, so we're going to see them all. Half my family lives on the west coast and some of them I haven't seen in years. I really hope it'll be fun. Lots of alcohol, tons of food and a large noisy Irish family can only end well, right?

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy travels to everyone!

asroc, I wish you luck! I'm going to be in a 4BR cabin with 9 adults, 6 children, and 5 dogs. There will be puzzles and lots of wine. My husband and I are driving separately because he will likely bolt Friday morning after breakfast.

My three younger kids were entertaining themselves with the play kitchen the other day. The younger two had a pretty typical tea party. The ten-year-old was having a discussion with her friend "Gerald." He apparently doesn't like her cousins. She said to be nice to them, anyway. After all, they only got mad at him last Christmas because he brought that rabid dog into the house.

I wish I had half her imagination. And I hope it wasn't a foreshadowing of the weekend to come.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to my celebrating friends! I'm thankful for all of you!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating. :Hug2: