The Thread Where Cray Now Rampages All by Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is a TON of work for one person. Good job! Sounds lovely. I am going to start peeling potatoes now. Should take me a few hours and cost some skin.

I weighed the 'do we need a salad?' question and decided nah.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I also came to the "no salad" decision. We'll have salad with the leftovers. But with two veg (not counting the potatoes), I can't see that we need a salad, too. If anyone complains, I have axes.

ETA:

Robo! Family forum!

*looks around at cabbie "family"*

Er. Never mind. Post whatever you want.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Trivia: that semi-nude young lady is in fact Donna Rice of Gary Hart/Monkey Business fame (had a friend who dated her). The poster is, well, pretty old.

Gatorkicks is long gone. It was featured in Smokey and the Bandit III, though. 'Twas a great place to hang out if you like drunken morons and barroom brawls...

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Trivia: that semi-nude young lady is in fact Donna Rice of Gary Hart/Monkey Business fame (had a friend who dated her). The poster is, well, pretty old.

Gatorkicks is long gone. It was featured in Smokey and the Bandit III, though. 'Twas a great place to hang out if you like drunken morons and barroom brawls...

Donna was a classy lady...

ok, I admit I'm being snarky. She's very pretty -- how's that?

I'm in exactly the mood for a place like Gatorkicks. Find one and I'll meet you there after dinner.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis???

apup_zpscec3ec7f.png

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
That actually looks a lot like my daughter's Chihuey who also is named "Haggis."

You're both invited to join Angie and me next year. We'll find a bar that allows dogs.

ETA:

*pulls out map*

In fact, Angie, maybe we should meet up at Haggis's's's's place. Ideally, we should find a place about half way between us. That way, neither of us will be anywhere near family who will try to persuade us to have a "real" Thanksgiving. If we're near Haggis, he can feed us after we knock back a few bottles of scotch. I'm sure he'll be only too delighted.

Robo? Swach? You're in for this, right? Who else?

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You'll have to check with Stewie and Angel.
thanksgiving-2-1.jpg

Pic courtesy of AC

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
That is really cute. Nice job, AC.

*offers kibble*

Stewie? Angel? What do you say? Party at your house?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I also have Snausages® and Beggin' Strips®

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
My mother is participating in a craft show all day tomorrow. My father has decided to go with her and keep her company at her table.

And I am a very terrible, wretched, cold-hearted, awful person because I am really looking forward to having the house to myself for the day.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I usually do, but not this year. I never got breakfast or lunch, and could only eat one helping at dinner. I may actually lose a pound or two over Thanksgiving week.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, I LOVE cooking for a crowd. Next year you are all invited to my place.

Whatever cardboard box I end up staying in.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Ah, I was wondering where he went. I thought he was still on the ledge, but when I got up here, I was alone.

At least he left his magnifying glass.

*focuses magnifying glass on Porter*

Dude, you guys are crowding my ledge. *cough, half-hearted grumbles* Next time, I'm gonna put up a sign or something that says "Winks on ledge, hiding from inlaws, do not disturb."

Eh, but seriously it was fine. Although if my mother in law didn't get out of my kitchen when she did, she was close to getting thwacked with a turkey leg or something. I don't LIKE it when people hover over my cooking.

You're both invited to join Angie and me next year. We'll find a bar that allows dogs.

ETA:

*pulls out map*

In fact, Angie, maybe we should meet up at Haggis's's's's place. Ideally, we should find a place about half way between us. That way, neither of us will be anywhere near family who will try to persuade us to have a "real" Thanksgiving. If we're near Haggis, he can feed us after we knock back a few bottles of scotch. I'm sure he'll be only too delighted.

Robo? Swach? You're in for this, right? Who else?

*jumps up and down* Me, me! Well, maybe. I mean, it's not that far to drive. Michigan, right? Yeah...as long as there isn't a crap load of snow, in theory I could get over the UP and...

Ted, I'm not carpooling.

Also, I LOVE cooking for a crowd. Next year you are all invited to my place.

Whatever cardboard box I end up staying in.

That sounds very enticing, bos. Please make sure it is a refrigerator box. Those are awesome. And no packing peanuts. They are very clingy.

-pauses-

And they don't taste like peanuts. Not that I've tried them or anything.

Oh, and no, I have NOT had any wine. Just cider. Regular cider, not hooch. Scary, isn't it?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Like GailD, who I think is in the kitchen with Cass perfecting her stand-up routine after the success of her joke this morning.

Actually, I was out on the patio practicing my crowd-surfing.

You guys could have at least tried to catch me. You know... just as a sort of gesture of...

Ah, heck. I keep forgetting I'm in the cabbie.

*dusts off bruised ego chest*

I'm okay.

Really.

Oh, and no, I have NOT had any wine. Just cider. Regular cider, not hooch. Scary, isn't it?

:scared:

*hands winks a glass of Safrican Merlot*

Status
Not open for further replies.