Hockey fans?

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh. Perhaps I should stay out of this thread. I'm a true blue Rangers fan. *sneaks away*

Well, at least you aren't a Pens fan. (I suppose that comment will bring one forth...)

Anyone know what's gotten into the Kings?

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh. Perhaps I should stay out of this thread. I'm a true blue Rangers fan. *sneaks away*

It's okay. Nothing wrong with that. Not a bad team. They're doomed to disappointment, but I'm sure you can deal with that.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
It's okay. Nothing wrong with that. Not a bad team. They're doomed to disappointment, but I'm sure you can deal with that.

:ROFL:Yeah, since 1995, I've gotten used to it. Break my heart every year.

denja

Registered
Reaction score
hello hockey fans!
I am a big hockey fan, I support Penguins since my childhood, it´s my favorite club but I love all canadian teams too, Oilers, Leafs and Canucks the most, unfortunately none of them is in playoffs, what do you think who will be 2012 Stanley cup winner?

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
My husband's been watching b/c we're in Northern VA and DC fans. The Caps have one more chance tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Maryland burbs here. The problem of hoping is they rip your heart out. Maybe we should despair. Then they'll win.

A Cap/Flyers division final would be nice. There's so much animosity now with what's going on with the Nats/Phillies. (I went to one of the "Our Park" games last weekend. Insanely loud. Went to dinner in Eastern Market just go I could sit among the sad-faced Phillies fans. You know, the sort of folks who would cheer when Jayson Werth broke his wrist the next day. Okay, I'm off-topic...) That matchup's looking unlikely, though.

As I asked before, what's with the Kings all of a sudden?

TheBuckMopsHere

Just a dude with a song in his head
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.questionablesource.blogspot.com
The Kings were supposed to be pretty good this year. I thought they'd win that division, but they couldn't score to save their lives. Looks like the Carter trade really helped and now their big guys are stepping up.

The Devils snuck up on me. I have to admit I've had a bias against them since they were the catalyst for the dead puck era of the 90s, but they look real good. Devils/Kings I think would be a crazy Finals, but I still think the Caps can pull it off vs the Rangers so who knows.

denja

Registered
Reaction score
this season is full of surprises for me but that´s what it makes more amazing, personally I bet the Kings, although I am a bit sad that Jack Johnson was traded to the Blue Jackets before this big success of the Kings, but that´s hockey world...

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
... I still think the Caps can pull it off vs the Rangers so who knows.

Who knows, indeed? I had lunch with a couple Rangers fans. It seems like each fan base expects doom. Can't both be right.

TheBuckMopsHere

Just a dude with a song in his head
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.questionablesource.blogspot.com
Who knows, indeed? I had lunch with a couple Rangers fans. It seems like each fan base expects doom. Can't both be right.

One step closer for ya there. Game 7 should be wild. I do like the Caps here. They did it to Boston in Round 1. Why not again? I have to tip my cap to Ovechkin. Dude clearly isn't a big fan of playing defense and his coach makes him pay for it by giving him less minutes, but he's making that time count by scoring big, big goals. I'm just bummed we have to go through two full days of nothing before that game.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't. I have Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez to watch pitch. (And plenty of ranting about Davey Johnson not putting in the lineup I think he should ;)) Nice to take my mind away from the Caps miserable playoff history. (Wash Post headline this morning: Capitals Survive To Play At Least One More Game.)

denja

Registered
Reaction score
is here anybody watching World Championships in Finland and Sweden?

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
*le sigh* So much for the hopes of the season. Caps fall in 7 to Rangers.

Suspect that it will be Devils - Kings in the finals still. I think the Caps wore Lundquist out by taking them to seven games. Then again Brodeur is not exactly a young buck out there. So we have to wait and see... I would have loved to see a 7 seed and an 8 seed in the finals, though.

Ah well. Always next year.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Do you think even the Capitals will continue the Capitals Defense strategy next year? I was feeling optimistic...then Hunter quit. All we need is another system.

denja

Registered
Reaction score
Oof, then USA loses with seconds left. People who watched the games said the refs were awful in both games. Fact or fiction?

refs are poor this world champs but I am very disapointed because of Canada and USA, Canada was so bad in quaterfinals 1 and 3 period I just said to myself "What is it?" it wasn´t Canada I don´t know what happened and the US earned 8 seconds before the end of the third, I thought that the heart attack caught me at that time, yesterday was probably the worst day in hockey for me, I think that when Pens loss to Flyers was even better for me to get over than this :(

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if the Kings are choking, but I'm happy to see the Devils making it tougher on them. I hate it when any championship series is a sweep.

I'd prefer to see the Devils win the series, but it's pretty unlikely and I suppose it won't make that much difference to me either way. I'm still hoping against hope that Parise will sign with the Bruins next year. And I think Jarred Stoll is a free agent this offseason as well. He'd be a nice fit in Boston.