Hockey fans?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
See, that' the great thing about being in a crappy sports town (I'm in Miami). When the Heat lost the finals to the Dallas Mavs, no one here missed a beat.

But I gotta say, I just can't believe it was real fans. The folks in the arena were decent enough. Sure, they booed Bettman, but who doesn't? They gave Boston and Tim Thomas a nice round of applause, from what I heard.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it was really too bad to hear about what went on last night. Obviously, I'm ecstatic about the B's winning the cup, but stuff like this really takes some of the fun out of it.

The city actually placed a number of restrictions on bars in the area and denied a viewing party at the Garden in order to prevent exactly the sort of thing that went on in Vancouver. Guess they had the right idea.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woot Bruins, long overdue and well deserved. They played with class and kept focused on the prize :)

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
To second regdog, well deserved.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Bruins fans.

You Vancouver fans don't have to hang your head for what some idiots did either. True sports fans of any nationality don't act like that. Idiots of any nationality do.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Things have been good for Boston sports in the last few years. Since 2002
Patriots 3 Super Bowls
Red Sox 2 World Series
Celtics 1 NBA Title
Bruins 1 Stanley Cup

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Things have been good for Boston sports in the last few years. Since 2002
Patriots 3 Super Bowls
Red Sox 2 World Series
Celtics 1 NBA Title
Bruins 1 Stanley Cup
...Hahvahd still losing to Yale....

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and the damn Revolution can't bring home the MLS Cup.

And the Patriots now have the longest championship-less streak in the city - 6 years!

Admittedly, we're spoiled in Boston. But damn if it's not a fun place to love sports.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
So now it's official. The Whiteout returns. Winnipeg Jets are coming back, for the uninitiated.

Daniels Daddy

puck stopping daddy dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Love the game! I watch it, (my fave team is the Edmonton Oilers), I play it (I'm the goalie), and now my 7 year old son plays.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait for hockey to start. My son plays too and I am so excited for this will be his Senior year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cobras! (son's team)
GO HAWKS! (now you know where I live, just don't hawk me down....hahaha

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait for hockey to start. My son plays too and I am so excited for this will be his Senior year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cobras! (son's team)
GO HAWKS! (now you know where I live, just don't hawk me down....hahaha

You are amazing..... yes indeed GO HAWKS

Couver sucks. :/

kittyCAT

<3 <3 <3
Registered
Reaction score
I love hockey! I started watching it because I'd copy whatever my brothers did, so I liked the teams they liked; at the time it was the Montreal Canadiens and Calgary - so I chose my own team!
I like the Colorado Avalanche, I know, they sucked last season and had a bad start in this year's pre-season, but I have faith! :)

Orendis

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hockey is a good activity. We can lose weight with it. i play it on weekend with my friends. I am a great lover of hockey match.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. In Vancouver the police are apparently making preparations in case the Canucks make a run for the Stanley Cup, while they are still hunting down and laying charges against the rioters from last year!

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I've become a fan of the Nashville Predators. I've never even been to Nashville, but their hockey team has the best logo anywhere: a stylized sabre-tooth cat.

caw

TheBuckMopsHere

Just a dude with a song in his head
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.questionablesource.blogspot.com
Lifelong hockey fan here. I grew up a Sabres fan and my dad has season tickets. I was really bummed after all the preseason hype to see them miss the way they did. Anyone have any predictions for the upcoming first round? I think Pens/Flyers will be the most entertaining series, but in the playoffs they're all pretty great.

RachelleVaughn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachellevaughn.com
I agree, the Pens/Flyers series will be entertaining. The Bruins/Caps match-up is another one I'm looking forward to. I'm also liking King Henrik and the Rangers, too. Somehow, I can't just pick one! Either way it'll be exciting to see who raises The Cup this year.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the Pens need to go. I don't know if I can stomach that much whining for the entire playoffs. Hopefully the Canucks can get bumped as well.

Problem is I think Pittsburgh has the best chance to win it all.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Another Caps fan here. I can't figure out when I want Pittsburgh to be eliminated. First round to a hated, in-state rival? Second round to (presumably) the Rangers, whose coach recently was quite blunt about the arrogant whiners? Or third round to the Caps?

The only thing I like about the Pens is that their fans boo Jagr.

Time to watch game one of Bruins vs. Caps. It's almost too bad there aren't shoot outs in the playoffs. Did you guys see the Hendricks shot where Tim Thomas was so kerfuffled he fell on his keister? I saw a youtube version with different commentators than the usual DC ones -- one guy said Hendricks had "deked him out of his shorts." I love that line.