Where are you? (in your novel)

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I'm at *squeeeee*!!!! I'm trying to make notes for my NaNo novel and I was sure it was going to fall flat because what I have isn't quite enough to carry a novel the way I want to write it. So I'm playing with some ideas and BAM! out of nowhere the brother-in-law dumps off his obnoxious 13-year-old daughter on her doorstep because her mother (MC's sister) took off and now she's dealing with this teenager on top of the other issues. Now I'm doubly excited for Nov 1!

AdriRaven

Knight of Ravens
Registered
Reaction score
Jane and the President are engaging in some hilariously one-sided flirting from the President, unaware that they're about to have a very rude interruption in the form of a reawakened supervillain. Oops.

sayamini

i could go for another cappuccino.
Registered
Reaction score
The main characters are all preparing to meet up at the Hornet Festival (though they do not know it), and dimensional collapse is imminent (this will also come as a surprise).

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I am trying to wrap the revisions up for the novel, ten more chapters to go before I put it back in the trunk and then, maybe, I can try planning for Nano.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
Still on Chapter Six (just entering the last scene). Gwen and Forneus have just gotten a hold of Hermes' Caduceus, and shortly after, Gwen faints, ill from over-exerting herself on the mission. Forneus scoops her up in his arms (no, they're not romantic, lol), and takes her back to the realm known as "The Spectrum".

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
While chasing Jarok Orch, the inventor of a awesome planet destroying weapon Cygnus, the Galactic Seven crash land on 18th century Earth near Philadelphia. Cygnus is so powerful that it can bend the fabric of space and, in essence, be a time machine. (which is why they are in the 18th century). They find out that they are in the final weeks of the American Revolution. They can't fix their ship so commander Tom Farrenger takes crew members Terrence Farrenger, Todd (Spider) Wills, and Dexter Thompson in search of something they can use to fix the ship and to find out where they are. They inadvertently are jailed for a minor infraction, but end up serving as indentured servants for a young rich lady. Tom thinks it is a good opportunity for them to get information and to find a way to repair their ship. Spider is attracted to the young lady and the attraction is mutual.

Last edited:

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I just finished a round of important edits, reworking about half of my FMC's storyline:

Instead of taking shelter with her ex-lover's ex-fiance (who's very stable), Emily now takes shelter with her ex-lover's ex-lover (who is not stable at all). Emily is pregnant and was spurned by Archie, who she thought meant to marry her. Henriette is also Archie's ex-lover and is a little off her noodle. But when Emily is in need, she agrees to take her in. Opium use, some weepy spells, a bit of flirtation between the two ladies, and then suicide all ensue. Fun stuff!! No, really.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Lilith is looking for a man. When she comes to the seaside city of Barburna, she hires a mysterious local woman to show her around the city. So far they've ventured through dark places; whorehouses, gambling rings, illegal markets, etc.

Lilith just discovered that this mysterious woman - who knows everything about the dark places in town - has been using a fake name this whole time. Now Lilith is worried this woman knows her secret and may use it as leverage.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
Right now I'm considering splitting Chapter Four and Chapter Six into two (which would make it so that I'm on Chapter Eight), because both chapters are insanely long...13k for one, 16k for the other.

As far as plot, I've refrained from typing up what would be Chapter Seven (if I don't do the split), since NaNo is almost here (I plan on working on those sections, then).

But where did I leave off in the story? Gwen, my MC, has claimed the third artifact, reactivating its function as a gateway seal, and in doing so, returning one of Forneus' lost powers to him. Forneus is upset with Phenex for several reasons, and Reeves, my main antagonist, is plotting his next move against them.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
For Dez King, I'm working out what kind of witchcraft the Quartzville townfolk used to oust their last leader and why Dez would have an instinctively negative reaction to it. And I just got an idea as I was typing this.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Getting back into it after a long, long break. I'm seeing all sorts of things to make it better.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
For the past while, my heroes have been hiding in a snowy woods, while the bad guys unknowingly walk past on the road. They were so well hidden, I really couldn't figure out how to provoke a confrontation. However, a character who was otherwise just along for the ride decided to betray them, solving that problem neatly.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
The MC just broke into a slave trade center. Cool part is that she used to work there, so she knows all the secret entrances. Bad part is that she used to work there, so some people know her face. She better hide well if she wants to kill the guy in charge.

wildcard

Registered
Reaction score
FMC just got to a nightclub with MMC and is nearing the Big Event in which a Nightmare attacks the crowd...

graygrammar

Registered
Reaction score
On the moon, like always.

Palmer and Gabe had a nasty break-up in a jail cell, and Palmer's long-lost brother just came to bail him out. He's about to make him an offer he can't refuse.

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
The dinner party is almost over. And by "dinner party", I mean orgy...It's erotica. The main character is about to discover some hard truths. Pun not intended, but highly appropriate ;)

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Crow stole an opium pipe. A dragon chased him up a tree and now he's stuck.

I can't imagine what he's going to do while he's waiting to be rescued.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Anthemone's missing. Calgary and her band of misfits have to find her before the only girl who knows how the world is going to end gets ended herself.

Mamitt

Registered
Reaction score
Leaf and Phyre are about to go after the Shadows and the stolen children into the forbidden forest.