Status
Not open for further replies.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Whenever someone ask me what my book is about, I tell them; words that form sentences, sentences that form paragraphs and paragraphs that fill pages creating tension, conflict, and romance.

Allow me to paraphrase for you .......

An intriguing main protagonist reluctantly responds to a dire need by utilizing a unique remedy which then lands him at the center of a classic struggle of Good against Evil.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
A struggling plumber accepts a millionaire's under-the-table contract to discreetly fix a leaky heating oil tank in the basement of her country estate, and then finds himself caught up in an international web of bankster politics and deep military secrets.

Last edited:

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
16yr olds Faith and Alex thought they had enough problems in their lives with a crumbling country estate, overpowering mothers and an unwanted pregnancy, but they hadn't reckoned for a desperate Librarian that would do ANYTHING for a baby - even if she had to kill to get one...

MikeGrant

Registered
Reaction score
A man wakes with a countdown inside his head that tells him he has only eight hours to live, but he won't let unnatural selection beat him just yet.

WIP: Five years after the internet collapses overnight, a journalist with a dark past teams up with the world's only mind-reader to investigate the disappearance of her sister.

Itobias

Banned
Reaction score
Website
authormonger.blogspot.com
A teacher with eccentiric if not questionanble reading skills, can hypnotically transfer his students into a dream state and experience their world.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... This could be a challenge.

Sometimes your childhood fantasies can come back to haunt you -- David's certainly did.

Morwen Edhelwen

Registered
Reaction score
Just one idea: The Lady's Got Potential: A teenage kitchen servant has conflicting emotions about the cult of personality during a military dictatorship.

Last edited:

Baliseth

Registered
Reaction score
Untitled (Far future Sci-fi): A young half-breed girl searches for long buried knowledge that could change the world as she knows it.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
This is tougher than I thought.

A surgeon, her assistant, her best friend and an unscrupulous information broker break into a prison/licensed human experimentation centre in order to free an immigrant woman who, whilst unknowingly serving as a guinea-pig for experimental mind-control drugs, broke into a school and murdered 16 children. Hilarity does not ensue.

...oh god, that sounds like the worst book ever.

ETA: need to think about this a bit...

Last edited:

Lucas

Registered
Reaction score
Just ONE! What's your current WIP about?

Rules: no character names, no semi-colons (don't be that guy), no em dashes, no prefacing your sentence with a paragraph of excuses/world-building/back-story/history. Just post one simple sentence.

Mine:

My story is about a boy who lives below ground in 2070 and wants to find a way to Earth's surface which has remained untouched by humans for over 50 years.

My book is about a goblin drugdealer and his prostituted girlfriend who are searching for a key in a gargantuan mountain city.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Ne'er do wells, never do well, is the gist.

But I will say:

In a dystopian world, a young girl discovers her destiny through involuntary servitude.

ETA

Poutine What's that?

A Quebecois dish of chips and cheese curds covered in brown gravy or sauce.

Last edited:

janica22

Registered
Reaction score
Website
janicastoff.blogspot.com
Nine teenage girls discover they are the descendants of the Greek Muses with magical powers and now must defend themselves from the evil being threatening to take over their town.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
24th century holo dealer has to run for her life once she discovers a very dangerous secret.

Teen age girl,heiress to Marie Laveau,has to cope with powers with an attitude and first love.

Girl murdered by serial killer refuses heaven and makes a deal with hell to get revenge.

Vampire details his life story as way to deal with a terrible event from his human life.

Hoodoo,death dealing,and angry phantoms are all in a day's work for a very well dressed Necromancer.

Nancy Malcolm,a SPA agent,has to deal with a Tupac obsessed Fae,a lewd pixie,and a Nana whose taken to smoking pot.

Morgan,turned by a sexy werewolf,looks for a cure and tries to fight her feelings for said werewolf.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
WIP1: A paranormal detective is sent to investigate a series of brutal killings at a University.

WIP2: At the dawn of a supposed Golden Age, two rival hitmen engage in a game of cat and mouse as one attempts to assassinate the Prime Minister.

Bear in mind that sentence is pretty much all I have to show for WIP2.

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com
Arctic Wargame

After two unidentified icebreakers appear off the Canadian Arctic coast, the reconnaissance team investigating the incident finds itself fighting a battle for the country’s survival.

Thanks,

Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.