How'd You Find This Site?

NicShannon

Registered
Reaction score
I searched for days for a place that seemed active and welcoming. After a couple more days of checking out some boards here, I knew I found it and joined up!

Rhymis

Registered
Reaction score
I was browsing for different writing sites and I kept finding myself in an Absolute Write forum thread. It kept happening and I just gave in to fate and joined.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
I found this site because an online buddy of mine (a manga artist/writer, whom I "talk shop" with all of the time) mentioned that another writer friend of his frequented a site where they gave helpful advice when it came to writing prose, editing/revising, and finding a publisher, when it comes time to "take the leap". When I asked him if he knew the name of the site, he got in touch with his friend, and sent me the link.

So, here I am. ^^;

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
I was on this fantasy author's site--his name is Robert J. Bennett. Anyway, he mentioned the site in a post and how he used to always use it before he got published, so I checked it out. :)

hefronica

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through either Query Shark or Nathan Bransford's blog. I think I found links to it from both, which made me go, 'Huh. Maybe I should check this out.' So I did. And here I am. :)

A_Read

Registered
Reaction score
My friend told me about it over a year ago, and then I forgot about it. BUT I rediscovered it when I did a search for 'writers groups' (I think that was the search, anyway, it could have been something else, though!)

:)

RosalynGlas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally getting serious about writing erotica, but I have a lot to learn, so I just googled "Erotica Writers Forum." I had to laugh because I found out that I registered 15 months ago, but never returned after the first day.

KaiSmetham

Registered
Reaction score
I discovered this forum after listening to a talk by John Jarrold, an agent who came to talk to my MA class at Lincoln. I've not been part of a forum in ages, but I like what I've seen so far! :)

Mercia McMahon

Registered
Reaction score
A thread on kboards' Writers' Cafe asked for recommendations of other writer sites and someone mentioned this site, so I thought I would see how this site compared.

Taejang

Why not?
Registered
Reaction score
Second result for the google query: writing forum.
I was specifically seeking a place to bounce ideas off others. This is by far the most active writing forum I found, so here I am!

ghostposts

Evil Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ghostposts.blogspot.com
found this forum when Janrae Frank directed me to it during a discussion with Victoria about rene ebooks.
rediscovered it after my daughter LadyxKaa, or sami, joined. She asked me where to go for a good community of writers, and I remembered y'all.

Last edited:

threetoedsloth

Registered
Reaction score
I found this place looking up writing techniques and noticed over the months that I kept coming back to same forum.

walterhpdx

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found the site from my coworker. I just finished my first fiction book, and have been toying with the idea of publishing it. I'm really, really new (I've only written fanfiction before, plus a nonfiction book that I don't think will ever get published), so I'm looking forward to getting in and researching here on first time publishing authors!

MysteriousFemme

Registered
Reaction score
I was on another forum and this one was mentioned. I visited for a few days when I was thinking about writing and didn't come back for a while. About a year later when I really got into my writing and I needed writing tips, I remembered this site and joined.

Thomas Vail

What?
Registered
Reaction score
Mur Lafferty's I Should Be Writing podcast referenced it a couple of times, and when I decided to be more proactive in writing and taking part in the writing community, it seemed like a good place to come and start.

DreamDestroyer

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across this site by looking up a question I had about writing my book. I ended up reading through this forum and not only found my answer, but learned a lot just by reading everyone else's questions and how they write. I immediately had to join. I'm glad I did.

JackieS

Registered
Reaction score
Searched "how long to hear back after submitting a partial" and found the "ask the agent" forum.

Mamitt

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through Writers Beware. Also an excellent site for new writers.

Starwatcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
prospectavenuebooks.com
I found this place when I was looking for reviews or opinions about a book promotion business that was asking $159 to send out a thousand press releases to journalists.

I am glad that I found this place -- it saved me that $159, and the disappointment that would have gone with it. So I have a net positive before I even made my first post! Which this is!

Dipa Suresh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I found this site as I wanted to join a forum for book lovers and writers, and here I am. I'm loving it!

SCUBABry

The day job is the my antagonist...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As some other writers have mentioned, navigating the business end of things is hard work. I am a long way (I feel at least 6 months) before I need to worry about an agent. Maybe longer, but I am going to take my time and enjoy the process. Anyway...

While trying to find some more information out about how the system actually works to get a MS to print, I found this place while looking for information on the ins and outs of finding a literary agent. So, you can say, the great Googleizer brought me here. :)