Status
Not open for further replies.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Cooping, As it is termed, sounds correct. The intent was to use the person, and if he had an inclination toward adfiction, he would have been an easy victim.

and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
shall be lifted nevermore.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
wouldn't be the first writer to self-destruct writing marketing tales.
"A tale told by an ad man, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Not available in some states, conditions may apply."

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Prophet said I, thing of evil, prophet still if bird or devil....I memorized the poem in 8th grade when we had to recite a poem of 16 lines or more. I did the whole thing and still remember most of The Raven, but have read most of his works. I loved The Cask of Amontillado and other works.
Numo me impune.

My 8th grade teacher, btw, who was annoyed with me because I was goofy, suddenly loved me and gave me my first A of the year in her class.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Other: OD from A Broken Heart + Alcohol Poisoning

from wiki

Sarah Helen Whitman
(note - same birthday as Poe)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Helen_Whitman
The two exchanged letters and poetry for some time before discussing engagement. After Poe lectured in Providence in December 1848, reciting a poem by Edward Coote Pinkney directly to Whitman, she agreed to an "immediate marriage".[11] Poe agreed to remain sober during their engagement — a vow he violated within only a few days. Whitman's mother discovered that Poe was also pursuing Annie Richmond and childhood sweetheart Sarah Elmira Royster. Even so, the wedding had come so close to occurring that, in January 1849, a newspaper in New London, Connecticut and others announced their union and wished them well.[12] At one point, they chose the wedding date of December 25, 1848,[13] despite criticism of the relationship from friends and enemies alike. Whitman supposedly received an anonymous letter while she was at the library suggesting that Poe had broken his vow to her to stay sober, directly leading to an end of the relationship. Poe said in a letter to Whitman (addressed "Dear Madam") that he blamed her mother for their split.[9] Rufus Wilmot Griswold, Poe's infamous first biographer, claimed that Poe purposefully ended his relationship with Whitman the day before their wedding by committing unnamed drunken "outrages"[14] that, as he wrote in his biography, "made necessary a summons of the police".[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Helen_Whitman

I think the "cooping" theory is a red herring.

Status
Not open for further replies.