I'm Spartacus!

evahart

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm very squeaky and shiny new to writing. I picked up my virtual pen in August and thought, what a fine thing to do....I'll write a book!

Three months later, here I am with a complete novel submitted to a few Publishers to see what happens, and err...no real idea what happens next at all haha!

I have two acceptance contracts so far and am looking through all the fine print. I made a balls up of my first submittal, thinking that my un-proof read and unedited version would go down really well. Like a lead balloon LOL At least one publisher wrote to me to tell me it was a bit raggedy, so I tarted it up somewhat and had a better response.

Anyhow, thank you for accepting me here, I hope to receive and maybe even give out some advice. I'm not well educated, I haven't a list of achievements and I'm pretty much a nobody, but I am friendly and open minded :) (and I love horses).

Best wishes from UK and Portugal

Eva :D

Author of Paranormal romance novel 'Babylon has Fallen'

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi evahart, and welcome.

Before you sign ANY publishing contracts, I strongly suggest (no, I BEG) you to head over to the Bewares, Recommendations and Background Checks subforum, specifically to the Index to Agents, Publishers and Others, and do some research about the companies who want to publish your work. You may also want to read the thread about How Real Publishing Works while you're in that subforum. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. The AW community is full of people with good advice and the experience to back it up.

Last edited:

evahart

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'm trying to do all my homework before becoming roadkill. I've typed in the Publisher's details in the search bar above and got a few details back, so lots to think on. Wise words indeed xxxx

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

LADavis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eva! I'm also new. It's a pleasure to meet you. It's great that you have a book already in the works of being published. I'll have to look for it when it's released. Welcome to the community!

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

While you wait on publication of that first book, don't forget the most important thing:

Write another book. ;)

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eva! I second what mrsmig said, definitely recommend doing that. And also what Monkey said--don't stop writing.

I'm also a squeaky, shiny new writer. Still not done my first book, though, heh.

And btw, congrats on getting book deals! :)

evahart

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful welcome and advice, thank goodness there are so many knowledgeable people here :)

A_Read

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Eva! Wow, that's amazing, I can't believe you were focused enough to write and submit a whole novel in three months...and hear back already! Congrats!

And welcome to the community, I'm new too!

evahart

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! I'm learning loads, especially all the pitfalls for new writers haha.