XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and welcome back, Psycho!

By the way, as it started on Friday and you're the person to ask this, what's the etiquette regarding Ramadan? Do you say "Have a good Ramadan?" or something else? Or nothing at all?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I just have this image of someone buying a DVD and in exchange pulling an Octopus out of a sack and slapping it down on the counter.

I'd love to know what you could buy with a Colossal Squid - you know, the rarely-sighted ones that live in the deep ocean and produce calamari the size of tractor tyres (assuming you could eat them in the first place).

You would have at least have the undivided attention of everyone in sight.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my record for total sleep deprivation is 56 hours, but people recover much more easily from days on end without sleep than from consistently short nights. Even missing just an hour of sleep per night is going to make you feel like you've got the plague eventually.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
BW, why on earth are you awake for 20 hours a day? That sounds kind of :dire:

Epic insomnia. So, so dire... I was actually reduced to watching the two Bram Stoker's The Mummy DVDs at one point. Don't worry - I have a large stack of amusements for when things get bad now.

Even missing just an hour of sleep per night is going to make you feel like you've got the plague eventually.

This. I've worked four days straight through before, and I can guarantee that by the third day my brain felt like soup.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
When I was off sick with stress and on antidepressants last year, that was prompted by insomnia. When I went to the doctor's, I'd barely slept for five days.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Gawds BW, I feel for ya. That sounds brutal, I think I'd be half-dead.

When I was off sick with stress and on antidepressants last year, that was prompted by insomnia. When I went to the doctor's, I'd barely slept for five days.

Yeah, people majorly underestimate what sleep deprivation can do to ya.

I'm pretty sure at least one of my nervous breakdowns was related to sleep dep. Not fun.

People also think you can gradually train yourself to need less sleep. Soooo not true.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

*sigh* I have that. :)

Why do you think I got it into my head to start indexing films, books, television shows and comics, with cross-references, trivia and background information. If I am going to torture myself, I'll make damn sure everyone knows how much awful stuff is out there... And then name those involved in the travesties. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed I forgot the Armadillos, BigWords. Can't forget them from the Venezuelan currency:

http://www.enterpriseirregulars.com.../uploads/2010/01/venezuela-bolivar.jpg?37e08b

Those banknotes look awesome. Most of the currency I have is rather miserable, with old buildings and dead people who (at one time) were rather important. And the queen, obviously, which merely depresses me...

Oh dear gods, this thread is turning into a "how much crud do you have in your collection" torment... Yes. Yes, I do. And it is as bad as all of the reviews state it to be. Possibly worse than some reviews (I actually came across someone praising the utter mess which was the big-budget Thunderbirds the other week).

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:( Poor Fen. There's nothing worse than being sick in summer too, because it doesn't feel like the sort of weather you should be sick in...

*hands over camoline tea and chest rub.*

Thank you, but can the chest rub be in the form of a hot guy that knows I can only take so much when sick? :)

I did go ride the horsie as I felt decent once showered, and I didn't have a fever. I figured I'd walk only. I did do a little trot, lots of lateral work at the walk, and gave him a long bath after.

On the drive home it hit me like a cannon and now my joints ache and my head is painfully fuzzy.

So. Worth. It.

And I've called off from work. I prolly would be feeling like hell anyways, so at least I got some exercise in. Now I'm going to do a whole lotta nothing.

I don't know what's going on today but for some reason all my friends seem to be trying to talk me into watching My Little Pony. Weirdos.

The only weirdo here is you :tongue Have you not noticed the avatars? Okay, mine's a real pony, but still. I'm painting my horse up as Rainbow Dash for Halloween.

There's a lot left to do. I still have to dye it, finish plucking teh eyebrows, do a sugar scrub on my skin, etc...

Being a girl is hard and painful.

Raven said it better than I could:

Not if you reject the unneccessary parts of conventional grooming. :D

Warning: advice from a Raventongue who doesn't shave her legs may be stupider than it appears.

:)

Okay so people I am back *runs in* *falls over*

Where have I been, you ask? As well you might! Well first I got super-busy at work and then I got married and then I got married AGAIN (legally, this time) and then I got super-ill and noooooowwwwwwww I am kinda better and also free and the end.

I'm not even going to ask what I missed because the list will be too long, but dudes I missed you guys!

POOOOO!!!! *Tackle hugs*

So I hear what sounds like the cry of a hawk very very close to the house. It's not *quite* right, but hey, usually they're way up in the air...

I go outside and look for where the sound is coming from... and see a mockingbird.

Cheeky little thing.

Hehehe

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And it is as bad as all of the reviews state it to be. Possibly worse than some reviews (I actually came across someone praising the utter mess which was the big-budget Thunderbirds the other week).

Yeah, yeah it was. I don't remember why I saw it - perhaps solely because I was overseas at the time and hard up - and I don't remember it really well, other than to remember that it was really, really, really bad.

Jaws IV bad.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also:

RAIN!!!

But it looks like it is gonna stop, minutes after it started :(

:dire:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
One of the things I have considered (rather slightly, then seriously) was a book along the lines of the usual "a thousand films to see before you die" which would list a thousand awful films - "A Thousand Films To Watch While Wishing You Were Dead" or something. I could probably pull the list together without even going five or six discs deep into the various rows...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It rained here.

Meaning I don't have to water my garden today. (Though the peas may well be a lost cause. Damn things are so fickle.)

:D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My peas have been pretty much a lost cause for awhile. But not for lack of water, since they are in with the celery root and both are watered muchly. They don't like the heat and they got stringy, so I let them go to seed and will plant following the celery harvest.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here I think it's a combo of the two. We had the same problem last summer.

And yet, I keep trying...

Still trying to identify the mystery plant, though.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Okay so people I am back *runs in* *falls over*

Where have I been, you ask? As well you might! Well first I got super-busy at work and then I got married and then I got married AGAIN (legally, this time) and then I got super-ill and noooooowwwwwwww I am kinda better and also free and the end.

I'm not even going to ask what I missed because the list will be too long, but dudes I missed you guys!

Psycho.

You went away. You left me here alone with these crazy people.

I haz a pout.

pouting-baby.JPG

Oh, I could never stay mad at you!

*tackle hugs*

But you can't go away again, or I break out the pouting baby again!

Well, my record for total sleep deprivation is 56 hours, but people recover much more easily from days on end without sleep than from consistently short nights. Even missing just an hour of sleep per night is going to make you feel like you've got the plague eventually.

Welcome to my world. I don't have trouble going to sleep, I have trouble staying asleep, thanks to my back.

My record for sleep dep is 48 hours. It wasn't pretty; I ended up falling over at work. Very embarrassing.

:(

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hihi, all. Hope everyone is well. Need so many words today and tomorrow, makes me want to nap.

I didn't catch up on all the pages, but I did manage to see this:

Point taken!

The images of the Firefly reunion panel are up on Zimbio - Fillion is yucking it up and there are so many adorable pictures of him mugging for the camera.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Nathan+Fillion/Firefly+Panel+at+Comic+Con/-nsaraJ6w01

*clicks happily*

Dammit, this is not helping with the words!

*clicks more*

Status
Not open for further replies.