AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntypsychotic

TWENTY-TWO A DAY
Registered
Reaction score
Hi I'm a new writer dog in the kennel. So while I'm waiting I'll curl up in the corner by the fireplace and take a little dog nap. But don't worry, I'll keep one ear open so I don't miss anything.

Hey Dog.

The big black beast under the table with you is mostly harmless but if Cassandra and Baby come in I suggest you grovel and pay tribute. Baby's cuddly enough but although she's not supposed to eat noobs she does get a tad indiscriminate when hungry.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Hi! Newbie here.
Hi I'm a new writer dog in the kennel.
Can't believe I didn't see this thread when I joined (a few days ago) XD
Hello, all. :)
Bringing some chocolate chip cookies for Jed. I'll have an Irish Coffee, please - strong and tall!
Hello! Can I have a drink?

Holy cow, a whole slew of newbies! :welcome:

*eyes drinks options. wisely decides on root beer. drops off loaf of pumpkin bread for pubbers and falls down the trapdoor into the sparkle props room. wonders where everybody went, especially sparkly partners in crime*

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Newbie here. I'll take two-fingers of Writers Tears Irish whiskey, neat. Barring that, any nice Irish whiskey will do :)

Hi I'm a new writer dog in the kennel. I would like to order a bottle (yes, I'll finish it) of Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon please. Yes, even the 2011 would be just fine if it's from Chuck Wagner at Caymus.

I've noticed some talk around here about . . . BACON!!!! So I know I've come to the write place (pun intended). One of those special sammiches with all those B's with a small L and a big T at the end will do nicely. And definitely agree that quality mayo is a necessity. Picky for an old dog, aren't I?

It's been a long day. I had to work today to buy my kibble while I'm writing, I'm adhering to the 'don't give up the day job yet' advice because I prefer to be able to eat. So while I'm waiting I'll curl up in the corner by the fireplace and take a little dog nap. But don't worry, I'll keep one ear open so I don't miss anything.

Hi vsandbrookflynn and RoadTripDog!

Can't believe I didn't see this thread when I joined (a few days ago) XD
Hello, all. :)

Bringing some chocolate chip cookies for Jed. I'll have an Irish Coffee, please - strong and tall!

Nice to be here!

Hello! Can I have a drink?

*comes in bearing a tray of BLT's*
I overhead some people wanting bacon, so...here ya go. We have mustard, mayo, and just about anything else you could put on a sandwich. I prefer fried egg on mine.
*sets tray down, snags a sandwich*

Wow! :hi: and :welcome: to the newbies!!

*checks orders again
*slides the drinks onto the bar for whenenver y'all pop in again (don't worry, cold drinks/food stay cold and hot stay hot somehow here in the pub)
*refills cookie jars
*makes plenty of bacon sammies and other bacon treats
*leaves tacklehugs for the folks who like them

RoadTripDog

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.goodreadssucks.com
Mmmm. Sammiches were great! Next time I won't get fancy - my day job is in a winery - and I'll order one or two of those Irish coffees. That goes with a BBBBBBLT, doesn't it?

Tip of the ol' fedora to show my appreciation for the welcomes! Time to go and sniff around here to find and learn things. But I shall return.
[I say that wherever there I find great food and companions!]

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Did I smell bacon??? I really like bacon wrapped cows, it's hard getting to them before Jed, though.

:hi: RoadTripDog :welcome: and :hi: to all the newbies, welcome aboard!

I believe it's Bailey time.

moonwatch178

The Angels Have The Phone Box
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, can I have a drink? If you're willing to add another to the slew of newbies, that is. :)

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, can I have a drink? If you're willing to add another to the slew of newbies, that is. :)

Welcome, welcome and welcome!

hm. At school they said the power of three is effective. Ooooh, how about this one:

Cookies, cookies and cookies!

*Steps back to observe the sudden mad rush at the basket I placed on the table.

Yup, my teacher was right. Just look at the power of that three!

Welcome to all the new newbies, old newbies, and hello again to everyone else. I'm here to celebrate, I just had a kind of publishing offer... and it's not even for a story, which is what I normally write! I'm a high school teacher who compiled a booklet of the 'all-you-need-to-know to pass the GCSE' type, and someone on the exam board wants me to expand it slightly then he will distribute it around the country!

Never thought I'd write a textbook...

So here are some cakes and cookies, bacon flavour included (those are the ones sandwiched together with cow cream) to celebrate. Let the party begin!

Peter Kenson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to all the new newbies, old newbies, and hello again to everyone else. I'm here to celebrate, I just had a kind of publishing offer... and it's not even for a story, which is what I normally write! I'm a high school teacher who compiled a booklet of the 'all-you-need-to-know to pass the GCSE' type, and someone on the exam board wants me to expand it slightly then he will distribute it around the country!

So here are some cakes and cookies, bacon flavour included (those are the ones sandwiched together with cow cream) to celebrate. Let the party begin!

Hey! Multitudinous congrats. Never figured you for a musty old professor with mothballs in the pockets but what the heck.

Bows deeply in the presence of greatness...
...and steals a bacon flavour cookie

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
hi :) another newbie...... kind of hungry and in the mood for a traditional home cooked British pub roast dinner... lamb, mint sauce, roast spuds, yorkshires, veggies and gravy.

@Hannah - I teach science (for my sins) - nice to meet other teacher/writers :)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm. Sammiches were great! Next time I won't get fancy - my day job is in a winery - and I'll order one or two of those Irish coffees. That goes with a BBBBBBLT, doesn't it?

Everything goes with a BBBBBBLT :D

Did I smell bacon??? I really like bacon wrapped cows, it's hard getting to them before Jed, though.

:hi: RoadTripDog :welcome: and :hi: to all the newbies, welcome aboard!

I believe it's Bailey time.

Now, Nitey, are you forgetting the stash I always leave for you of bacon wrapped cows?

:welcome:
*slides over a glass that magically fills with whatever your drink of choice is

Congrats!!!
:hooray::snoopy::partyguy:

Oooh, thanks for the goodies!

hi :) another newbie...... kind of hungry and in the mood for a traditional home cooked British pub roast dinner... lamb, mint sauce, roast spuds, yorkshires, veggies and gravy.

Wow. We don't get many orders for that here. Bacon-wrapped cows, well. . . .bacon anything, cookies, burnt troll and smoked ogre are the more common orders. Buy hey, I don't want to disappoint. Roast lamb with all the fixins coming up!

And BTW - :welcome: to AW and the pub.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
:(:Jaw::e2bummed::gaah it is Monday already...where did my weekend go....:rant::censored:mothership:
Making the coffee for the Bailey's coffee before heading out for another week of driving (2 hours a day to and from work) and work (8 hours/5 days a week). But at least Trick or Treat is at end of week and I get to go door to door with my 8 year old. Neighbors on my parents street look forward every year to see what he has picked out for costume. He is one of the only trick or treaters they see, all the kids are grownups on their street.

Happy Monday everyone

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
:(:Jaw::e2bummed::gaah it is Monday already...where did my weekend go....:rant::censored:mothership:
Making the coffee for the Bailey's coffee before heading out for another week of driving (2 hours a day to and from work) and work (8 hours/5 days a week). But at least Trick or Treat is at end of week and I get to go door to door with my 8 year old. Neighbors on my parents street look forward every year to see what he has picked out for costume. He is one of the only trick or treaters they see, all the kids are grownups on their street.

Happy Monday everyone

Ugggg!!! That sounds like you definitely need coffee.

At least you're looking forward to Halloween. The Hallmark Channel has decided to skip it and Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas - they're starting their countdown to Christmas movies this weekend!!!
:rant:

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
my, my o.o it's kind of weird that they'd be doing that, pk. I don't have cable tv so I just usually watch what's on huluplus or netflix xD but hulu's got a bunch of really good horror movies on it.

jtsavoy

Registered
Reaction score
Sleestaks and gemstones! By no means was that expedition routine. Well, I have returned, parched, if unremembered in my absence, for a frosty cider and maybe a plate of that Soylent Green everyone seemed so high on back in bush country.
And news! I am equally starved for a fish tale or two.

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
@Hannah - I teach science (for my sins) - nice to meet other teacher/writers :)

A pleasure to meet you. Have a cookie.

Hey! Multitudinous congrats. Never figured you for a musty old professor with mothballs in the pockets but what the heck.

Bows deeply in the presence of greatness...
...and steals a bacon flavour cookie

hee hee... should I let you in on a little - ok, BIG secret? But you have to promise not to tell anyone, my reputation would be ruined. Permanently. Ok, here goes... I'm not even twenty yet!

Did you catch that? Hard to believe, eh? Ok, so I'm a hard worker who is studying and teaching and tutoring and writing and sleeping all at the same time, but still... now you know why I was so excited about getting out a textbook!!!

And enjoy the bacon flavour cookies. There is a little surprise inside each one. A cow! Found it yet?

moonwatch178

The Angels Have The Phone Box
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the drink *sips some cider* . It's definiteyl strange that Hallmark Channel is already gearing up for Christmas. I mean, really, who wants to pass up Halloween?!

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Sleestaks and gemstones! By no means was that expedition routine. Well, I have returned, parched, if unremembered in my absence, for a frosty cider and maybe a plate of that Soylent Green everyone seemed so high on back in bush country.
And news! I am equally starved for a fish tale or two.

I have no fish tales, but here's some cider. I'll have to call down to the sub-basement for the Soylent Green. . .

my, my o.o it's kind of weird that they'd be doing that, pk. I don't have cable tv so I just usually watch what's on huluplus or netflix xD but hulu's got a bunch of really good horror movies on it.

It's definiteyl strange that Hallmark Channel is already gearing up for Christmas. I mean, really, who wants to pass up Halloween?!

See, Hallmark! I'm not the only one!!!!

By the time December gets here, I bet they'll be showing Valentines movies.

Used to be, you got to enjoy each holiday. Now Christmas seems to start in the stores as part of the after Labor Day sales. Don't get me wrong; I love Christmas. But good grief marketers, there is such a thing as too much!!!

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
indeed. I have a real love of halloween, it brings back what few good childhood memories I have, and turkey day is holy in my house because mom always makes the BEST food for turkey day

Must not forget turkey day!!! Remember when they actually used to show the parades (not the announcers)??? And, oh yes, the food!! Belts or anything with waistbands discouraged!
:drool

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
xD I never really got into the whole parade stuff. for one thing, we don't have cable tv, for another parades have never interested me. now, the food? I go INSANE for poultry and turkey's my fav of it. dark meat, cranberry sauce, corn, peas, STUFFING by the TRUCK load

jtsavoy

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Looks like the synapses are sparking all across AW. Newbie's galore! First round is on this old codger. After that, talk to the hunched fellow out by the bridge.

Your finest platters of hotcakes and mimosas, if you please

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. We don't get many orders for that here. Bacon-wrapped cows, well. . . .bacon anything, cookies, burnt troll and smoked ogre are the more common orders. Buy hey, I don't want to disappoint. Roast lamb with all the fixins coming up!

And BTW - :welcome: to AW and the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.