Where are you? (in your novel)

BeeG

Registered
Reaction score
Doing another draft before putting it on the end of a line to try and reel in an agent. If that doesn't work it'll have to be dynamite in the water... or self-publish

Michel_Cayer

Registered
Reaction score
Gwen just arrived at the bookstore where she works. The store is on fire. She meets with the store's owner and a regular client. The store is on fire because Gwen's husband wants her to stop working and just take care of him and the house. It wouldn't do for a bank manager to have a wife who works outside.

zarada

not afraid to leap
Registered
Reaction score
sorta four-eighty... writing new at one end, chopping off in the middle and rewriting at the other end. i'm sure it's gonna be an-almost piece of art when it's done :ROFL:

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Re-plotting Seer for draft #2. I'm going to play around with making this draft a more direct Cassandra Myth adaptation, but I'm a little concerned about POV in this draft. I might have to do multiple POVs this time. Not sure yet.

Plotting Love Spares in preparation for Camp NaNo in April. I'm completely in love with this story. Here's hoping the love lasts.

I'm making moves toward finishing The Forgotten Life of Desiree King and The Hotel Kincaid. It's been over a year. I'm so ready to be done, but I still love the stories. Dez is debating giving up her middle-age memories to be with SPT as a young woman. Sahar is debating giving up 2014 to live in the 1940s with her best friends. I'm beginning to sense a theme here.

Sumi Long

Registered
Reaction score
Currently attempting to rework the novel-- basically trying to work on the second draft but it is going slowly. It's hard to stick to a schedule but I am trying.

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
About a quarter of the way through and someone's been stabbed. The attacker's still on the loose and everyone's stuck on an underground farm.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Obsessing about my opening. Again. I hate the first page with a passion. Can't seem to get exactly what I want out of it and it drives me crazy from time to time. I'll be happily writing along chapter to chapter and then I'll reread the opening. Bleh. Don't like it. When I get obsessive like this I have to stop everything else and work on that wretched opening. I know I'll get it right eventually, but in the meantime.....:rant:

ManInBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Website
williamsilvia.net
In the only WIP that I'm working on that I can definitively refer to as a novel (others are in uncertain territory due to being unsure of their length or being an anthology that forms the function of a novel but without the structure), I am about 25,000 words into what I expect to come to about 70,000 words first draft and will probably pare down from there. I was working on it for NaNo in 2013, worked myself into a frenzy trying to make word count with numerous other projects and responsibilities, and burned myself out on the story by mid-December. I've worked myself back up to working on big projects and want to finish the fan-fiction I'm working on now, and intend to pick up where I left off once I'm done.

Katharine Tree

Þæt wæs god cyning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinetree.com
Halfway through part five of seven. Vacillating between a state of insisting that I "don't know" what the big crisis will be, when in fact I do but I'm afraid to write it because of the second state: suspicion that it will have to be much longer than I intended, and will lend it self to sequels (please NO!)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Hit the approximate halfway point this weekend - protagonists survived the initial onslaught and are starting to understand the nature of the big bad, although they haven't figured out yet what to do about it and time is running out.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
On page 410, whereon Nadeer, after having torched his neighborhood and stabbed his best friend, is sold off to a pervert by his uncle in order to keep certain things under wraps and preserve family honor. Poor guy, should've killed him off 20 pages earlier when he asked me to.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
The sequel to the novel that's being shopped right now is at a delicate place. I'm writing the scene that I think is the catalyst that gets the main plot rolling (about 15% of the way in), and my mind is balking at how their monarch is going to rationalize splitting them up so two go on a diplomatic mission as bodyguards and keepers for her snot-faced son and the other is sent to a neighboring kingdom to try and heal their ailing Patriarch (who must survive for a while longer, since his country is embroiled in a civil war that could spill over and cause all kinds of trouble if his government falls).

Two different countries here, two different diplomats, and I just don't have any idea how to get it so things happen in one scene. Doesn't help that I know almost nothing about diplomatic functions or the behind doors happenings in closed council meetings with foreign emissaries.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing between too many projects. Refocusing on my unfinished SF.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Punk* just gave Mozart* a couple of coins outside the subway where he's busking. Somehow, this leads to them having coffee and becoming friends.

*names withheld to protect the innocent

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter eight is done. Chapter nine, you're up next.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
5 chapters from the end. Still. Every chapter I write, I still seem to be 5 chapters from the end....

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Hankering for a middle. Dynamite opening, touching closure, but dammit. What to do with 300 pages! It feels like it needs to be episodic but I don’t think I work that way. I have three characters, a theme, a nippy premise and a scene without the Beatles.

Back to the rear burner with ya.