The Nightly Show/Larry Wilmore

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Anyone who has watched the daily show is familiar with Larry Wilmore – the Senior Black Correspondent. I have always found him very funny and enjoyed his particular brand of dry humor, delivered with a cutting edge.

So now he has his own show, with the Daily Show as the lead in. I wasn't really sure if he could carry an entire show himself, but after watching only the first few episodes, I really like it. He's still a bit tentative and not quite comfortable in the role, as to be expected for his first headline effort following the brilliant Jon Stewart show.

But the show is sharp, funny, and the lot edgier than the daily show. It also, not surprisingly, is a lot more focused on issues that affect the black community and black and viewpoints.

It's also really funny – again, usually with that edge. I expect that after he settles into his role and becomes more comfortable, the show will find its footing and get a lot better. But even with the growing pains of a new show, it's well worth watching and a terrific addition to the Comedy Central lined up.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I worried after the first episode, but the second he was already smoother. I figure I'll watch it for weeks before I say yea or nay.

Maryn, who likes him

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I expect that after he settles into his role and becomes more comfortable, the show will find its footing and get a lot better.

Agreed. I think there's a ton of potential here. Remember when Jon took the reins from Craig Kilborn? It took him a while to settle in and shape the direction of the show. I have a good feeling about Larry and Nightly.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Larry Wilmore was always one of my favorite returning guests. Truly funny man. I didn't realize his show had started. Will have to record it and give him a try. I think he's just hilarious.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I like it so far. Takes some of The Daily Show and adds a Bill Maher panel, but more entertaining (than Maher's show).

I'll keep watching.