The Flash (CW) - Possible Spoilers

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Anyone else looking forward to a moment when the Flash gets to talk with the pretty boy detective. (Can't remember his name)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I love reading the posts here to get clued in on all of the moments a non-DC reader misses in the show.

Has anyone else heard the fan theory that: Dr. Wells is an older Eddie, making them both the man in yellow? I don't know enough about the comic to have an opinion on whether or not that's a viable option, but it's definitely an interesting one.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cyia, yes, that's gotta be the way they're going (94% sure). While I don't recall that ever being explicitly done in he comics, it would still sort of fit the stories of two of the RFs...you know, toss in a little time travel. Though Grant Gustin claims to have read all the theories on the internet and that no one has guessed the twist yet. We'll see.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are two Reverse Flashes, like in the comics; one is Wells and I think the other could be an older Eddie or maybe Eddie's father. That would explain why the Reverse Flash seemed to recognize Eddie and didn't hurt him. (And if he dropped his "face blur" for a moment, maybe Eddie recognized him too?)

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering about some of the other speedsters; the company that McGee (Amanda Pays) works for is called Mercury, so I wondered if that was a reference to Max Mercury from the comics?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
They announced today that "Gorilla Grodd" will be making an appearance soon. Fanboys and girls are geeking out, so I'm assuming this is a good thing, but it's also one of the difficult parts about not knowing enough of the series history to be in on the squeeing.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
They announced today that "Gorilla Grodd" will be making an appearance soon. Fanboys and girls are geeking out, so I'm assuming this is a good thing, but it's also one of the difficult parts about not knowing enough of the series history to be in on the squeeing.

To be fair, talking gorillas are ALWAYS squee-worthy.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Grodd talks...at least he does in the comics. Of course, in the comics he also came from a hidden city in Africa populated entirely by super-intelligent talking gorillas, and that's obviously NOT what they're going with here (unfortunately!); but I fully expect him to talk in the show...I'll be disappointed if he doesn't!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Just now watching last night's episode. When Wells runs off from the breaking glass in his house, and then again from the yellow suit in his storage room, the motion streak is red, not yellow.

The show-runners said that the selfie isn't going to cause anyone any trouble, but it's a pretty big "shotgun over the mantle" to never get used.

Those cells are seriously sadistic. Barely room to stand in, and no bathrooms. They'd have to open the doors to feed the inmates.

Also, Hartley looks like Harry Potter.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Those cells are seriously sadistic. Barely room to stand in, and no bathrooms. They'd have to open the doors to feed the inmates.

I think that every time I see the cells.

Also, Hartley looks like Harry Potter.

I said the same thing to my husband, especially with him running around in that flowing hoodie.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Enjoyed. Once again, a fake-out, because of the Pied Piper/sonic weapon and Sisko eventually becoming Vibe (assuming they stick with the comics, of course).

And agreed about the cells. Kind of assume they're being, you know, fed. And showered. And bathroomed.

One question: Did I miss how Wells got away from Hartley when his speed/walking gave out on him? One scene, Hartley has Wells; the next, Wells is in his wheelchair, saying Hartley was gone. Huh?

Oh - I know Iris becomes a reporter (again, comics) -- but still, it's SO hard to believe in this show. Okay, this is me, sort of rolling with it...

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I fully expect him to talk in the show...I'll be disappointed if he doesn't!
Agreed. Maybe they'll have him talk telepathically instead of aloud, but I'm hoping he actually speaks.

Just now watching last night's episode. When Wells runs off from the breaking glass in his house, and then again from the yellow suit in his storage room, the motion streak is red, not yellow.
I found that fascinating. It would seem to nix a lot of the current theories, but I guess we'll see.

Oh - I know SNIP!) -- but still, it's SO hard to believe in this show. Okay, this is me, sort of rolling with it...
I had an issue with Iris' job as well. I mean, what newspaper - especially a large metro paper - is going to offer a job as a reporter to a blogger with no real experience apparently sight-unseen? And going to hire them without telling them what their actual job expectations are? They just did it because she had to be a reporter because the comics, and to give her her own pointless antagonist.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty obvious from the meeting with the editor that the only reason they hired her was her connection to The Flash; i.e., they wanted her only for Flash stories to increase sales (in a Peter Parker/Daily Bugle kind of way).

Not a very good reason but, given the universe of the show, it at least made sense and didn't seem out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Another thing that bothered me was why did they take evil Harry Potter down to the lab to begin with? It didn't seem to me like he had any power within him that need special containment. Just take away his magic mittens and be done with it.

Also, as was noted above, when Wells ran fast, his body had red streaks. Kinda weird that he wasn't wearing red.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To clear up a point. Barry's lightning is Yellow, the Reverse Flash's lightning is Red. Barry looks like a red streak with yellow lightning when he's suited up, but just a various colored blur with yellow lightning when he's not. So: Wells as the RF therefore has red lightning when he speeds...

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I think the streaking is likely the show's creative license, showing the previously mentioned "speed force" in action. Rather than being dependent on what the character is wearing, it's being used to differentiate between characters who are moving too fast to be seen.

The red streak / yellow lightning combo could be indicative of Wells being an older Barry or else a relative / friend.