Revenge

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I finally am just about caught up. I didn't realize I'd missed 5 episodes! I can't believe that Daniel is dead! I did not see that coming!

Still not sure how this will end, but I'm really hoping Emily ends up with Jack. I love Jack. :D Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
I'm watching this, but I'm in the UK and we've only had the first three episodes so far of the 4th series (the next episode is on tonight - yay!). I've got ages till I catch up with you guys (but at least we don't break mid-season!). :D

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Still not sure how this will end, but I'm really hoping Emily ends up with Jack. I love Jack. :D Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Noooo everyone but Jack! xD I can't stand Jack. In fact, I can't stand Jack so much, I'm ready to root for Ben! Whom I also really didn't like at first, but stopped hatin' on since haha.

Jack is such a wet noooooooodle :D

Is this the final season by the way? I feel like the show is kinda challenging True Blood in the shark jumping competition. I'd be worried what next season could bring (but also masochistically curious) :p

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I love Jack. But I think it's the hopeless romantic in me because you're kinda right. I just love his devotion to Amanda/Emily. Makes me melt.

It feels like it would be the last season. Where else can they take this story? I've already lost track of things...like the ninja guys and Aiden...and those sneaky people talking to Conrad...I can't remember their roles (other than Aiden as Emily's love and partner in the past), much less how all that could possibly tie into all this.

Last edited:

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps :D To me idk, they don't have chemistry, and also something about the character and the way he's played by that actor just makes me go... soft? Dammit, men have it easier to say what they mean, imagine I'm a man for the sake of this argument :D

And please, the ninjas, the corporations, the whole Flight and framing things, it all got so disjointed, I don't know. I feel as if the writers themselves just went like "this plot ok, this trash, throw this out, this never happened, oh this is nice keep it, but discard that" etc.

And even if they go with David/Victoria/Amanda focus. Did they just forget about Charlotte? I mean, he JUST met his other daughter, she went to rehab and then like... gone. Not even a word about her anywhere.

Jack is changing occupations at random, how did he even get into police? I don't remember tbh, but shouldn't that come after what, a police academy? Training? Wasn't he just a bartender? :p

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL! I know to all of it! I was just wondering about Charlotte. She couldn't show up for her brothers funeral???

I can't remember how Jack became a cop either. Though I do love this show, it seems as though the writers only did that to 1) make it convenient for Emily by giving her more eyes and ears where they need to be and 2) to add more conflict with his partner. *shrug*

I did actually really like Jack with Margo. I know that is not how you spell her name, but I don't feel like looking up the French spelling. Margoux?

And David all of the sudden going from so in love with Victoria to wanting to kill her? There should have been more inner conflict. Then again, based on his personality and his daughter's...they don't ask many questions. They just take what they see and hear and think they know and say, "REVENGE!" LOL

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there wasn't even a moment where they considered that maybe she should know about Daniel's death, and that's just... wrong. I mean, from writer-standpoint and creating any sort of believability. Then again, him suddenly making up with Emily and having scenes together tinted with forgiveness etc, just to die literally an episode later was a seriously cheap move IMO.

And absolutely, Jack and Margeoux (that's me trying for alternate spelling :D) were great together, and I'd have preferred they didn't break it up. Those characters actually seemed to be together because of who they were, not because the PLOT GETS WHAT PLOT WANTS.

When it comes to David, I think that first an foremost he's a terrible actor. Like seriously, the writers expect his actions to be believable and some sort of logical conjunction, but I'm left baffled and confused all of the time. I don't know what he means, what he doesn't mean. He gives weird looks at the camera/makes faces that normally say "oh, yea, the guy knows X and Y, but he hides it" or "he didn't recognize her at all!" or whatever else. Important clues. Meanwhile, at least to me, he sends a message like that but then it turns out it's completely not like that. And I feel lost, and I lose connection.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I agree! David is a TERRIBLE actor!

Really...this season started out pretty fantastic but has gone downhill. I'm hanging in there because I think it's the last season and want to see how it ends. But at this point, I won't really miss it. Which is sad. There was a time it was amongst my favorites.

Finally tomorrow night, my very favorite is back on!! SCANDAL!!!

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Same, same. I tend to stick with shows to the end. Only dropped Heroes, Lost, and Prison Break so far. So I'll last. But it used to be riveting, if over-dramatic, now it's just a fine thing to eat my lunch by.

Scandal? Didn't see that. Shall investigate.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
It's on Netflix. Excellent show. There's a thread here on it, but be careful. All spoilers should be white-ed out but may not be. :)

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Ye I steer clear of any threads until I've seen something :p Can't be too careful!

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Thanks for whiting out the spoilers - I appreciate it! :)

Aw, so this season goes downhill? That's a shame. (I've just seen the episode where David got picked up by the police and his identity is outted - I thought they'd string it out for a while, so I was surprised it came up so soon.) I'm usually one for sticking with shows till the end of a season, too, but there have been a couple I've ditched recently when the next season came around.

Nolan has grown on me. I thought he was a very weak actor when Revenge started, but he's definitely improved, and I love the brother/sister relationship he has with Emily.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone still alive here? I'd rant, but I don't want to rant to a wall >:C