The Bouncy Castle in Space

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
You know what I like about the Children's Fiction Forum? It's friendly! I just stepped over here from the race in YA lit thread fracas over on Young Adult... yikes

I should have stayed out of it more but there were insults to Shakespeare and Jane Eyre and I just can't let that slide. I love Jane Eyre!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty Pryde...O-M-G! Thanks for a good laugh! Anyone else notice that Santa is bald in this story for some reason? ;)
Wishing the Happiest of Holidays to all of my KidLit friends!:Hug2:Thanks for being my rock!

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I should have stayed out of it more but there were insults to Shakespeare and Jane Eyre and I just can't let that slide. I love Jane Eyre!

Good for you defending Jane Eyre. It's one of my favourites too.

A happy and peaceful Christmas to you.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
CheG: Thanks for sticking up for Will and Jane! Of course, the joke's on the other guys, 'cause, hey, how many people will still be reading their books in 200 years?

Kitty: That was delightful. I don't know which I like better, the Shrinky Dinks or He cried and cried and cried and threw up a little and cried and cried." So true...

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Wishing the kidlit gang a very Merry Christmas!! May this season bring you joy and happiness! :D

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
:rant:Well...my husband has the flu. That means I'm living with TWO kids for the next few days

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: Been there done that!! Hope he gets better for your sake! :D Hope your holidays get a little better!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jed's banning me for the week. :chair

I'll miss all of you, but will see you next year. :D

Have a great New Year's, kidlit gang! :PartySmil

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Christmas Cracker Update:

Smish - The Christmas Crackers come in when Ron and Harry stay at Hogwarts for Christmas in Sorcere's (Philosopher's) Stone. They have them at Christmas dinner and get things like white mice and rear admirals hats (I think).

My crackers turned out all right. They snapped great, but the paper was too thick and they didn't break apart well. I'll try differnet paper next year. I gave out the paper hats, lip gloss for girls and parachuting army men for boys, plus these little plastic things like Chinese finger cuffs, but they're meant to shoot across the room. Kids had a lot of un while they waited their turn to open presents shooting them at each other. The funniest part was I got my one of the name tags mixed up and my 13 year old nephew got lip gloss. We fixed the mix up, but it was funny.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
To everyone in the kidlit gang---
I would like to thank all of you who participated in writing a prompt for this month. We had a whopping 16 prompts posted, some of you posting two times!! WOW! :Jump: Impressive!! :Clap:

I've read each and every one and was thrilled to see how many different views can be written from one little sentence. I have to say I enjoyed doing this month's prompt and truly loved each story! :) Okay--I'll say it---each one was so uniquely special! :D

I hope you all enjoyed posting and reading as much as I did!! Here's to next month's prompt! *toasts*

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Nice job Honeybug!

Jtrylch- Nice job with the crackers! I learned something new this Christmas!

We got Band Hero for Wii this Christmas and my entire family are now self-proclaimed rock stars. I will admit, its pretty hilarious. We're having a band hero new years party. Everyone has to come as their favorite singer or musician and rock it. :)

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! . . . Hello! . . . Hello! . . .

Is anybody out there? Looks like the Kid Lit group is all on vacation. Wonder if that has anything to do with most of us having kids and the Holidays? Well, looking forward to more stimulating conversations in the New Year! Have a great new year's everyone!

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
I am preparing the courage and thick skin needed to post something in SYW. I have read all the informative threads and posts, but I'm looking for a quick opinion. I would like to post my first chapter, but it is 4800 words. I understand the 1000 - 2500 word target, but I am concerned that only half the chapter won't make sense. At the same time I don't want to be imposing on others. Should I post the whole chapter and rsik boring everyone, or just go with the first 1000-2500 and hope the writing is good enough to hold interest? Thanks for any ideas. I'm posting this in another thread as well to maximize opinion input.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Put the whole chapter, just say it's 4K and critters can feel free to only read the first 1.5K or so. I've done it before :)

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
SYW and cookies

I am preparing the courage and thick skin needed to post something in SYW.

Go ahead jtrylch13, I agree with Kitty, those that want to read it will.

Speaking of SYW, can anyone HELP me? When I'm at home or work I have no problem getting on the SYW threads, but when I'm on my laptop it won't let me in. Even after asking for the password...Vista.

On my home computer and work computers, it doesn't ask for the password it goes straight in to SYW. When I type it in on my laptop it says something about cookies????

I'm not much of a computer guy, and the only thing I know about cookies involves pecans and a glass of milk.

I don't know if I have some kind of software that blocks cookies or eats them up.

I'm going to our lake house this weekend for New Years and want to take my laptop, I've even went to the help section but all it says is to enable cookies????

Thanks and I hope everyone here at kidlit and the bouncy castle has a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Mike

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
This randomly occurring problem is caused by browser cookie confusion -- the cookie that remembers the SYW password for you has somehow tied itself in a knot.

The usual way to fix this is:

• Log Out of AW Water Cooler
  • Clear your browser's cookies
    • If using Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Delete button (under Browsing history)
    • If using Firefox, select Tools > Clear Private Data
  • Close your browser - then restart it
  • Sign back into AW Water Cooler with your usual username/password
  • Go to Share Your Work and supply the vista password when prompted