Revenge

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Starting a thread on this, 'cause I noticed people saying they liked it in other threads.

I, personally, love it. My favorite new show.

:D

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It will be my guilty pleasure, I believe. Missed the second episode, but got back on track tonight. I am totally rooting for her to lay waste to all.

mulcahy67

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
its actually a decent show so far. i'm not usually a fan of this stuff, but it hasn't completely bored me yet, so i'll continue. i like the main actress as well.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I like it so far. However, can someone help me out with something? I may have just missed it, or maybe they just haven't said yet. Emily Thorne's father was arrested and convicted of what appears to be insider trading and something to do with terrorism, right? So where has she gotten all of this money? Obviously his family wouldn't have been able to keep whatever he had after his conviction, so where is it coming from????

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Daddy left her 49 per cent shares in the company owned by the local fellow who's been helping her. Daddy was the only one who believed in local fellow and invested in his co. way back when.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that's right. Now I remember her saying that. Thanks!!!

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is my new favorite show. Who knew the girl from Brothers and Sisters could turn out to play such a delicious part? (I'm a sucker for revenge stories.)

And Madelyn Stow is excellent as the evil Queen of The Hamptons.
Geeze, that woman never ages. She still looks amazing. *jealous*

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
This is my new favorite show. Who knew the girl from Brothers and Sisters could turn out to play such a delicious part? (I'm a sucker for revenge stories.)

And Madelyn Stow is excellent as the evil Queen of The Hamptons.
Geeze, that woman never ages. She still looks amazing. *jealous*

I know! She looks great.

And I will always remember Emily Van Camp from Everwood, her show before Brothers and Sisters.

Laura J

Odessa Quinn
Registered
Reaction score
I love this show too. I was able to catch up On Demand. No one I know watches it. I was glad to find out what exactly Victoria had done. Gets better each week.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
So is it sort of a modern distaff soap opera version of The Count of Monte Cristo? I'll have to check it out.

Madelyn Stowe could definitely be a good villainess. She's a bad girl; I can tell.

ETA: Gave it ten minutes. Nope. Premise is fine, but the dialogue is pretty bad, and I can't keep listening to Emily VanCamp's flat voice-overs.

Last edited:

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
I agree that the voiceovers are the weakest part of the show.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know! She looks great.

And I will always remember Emily Van Camp from Everwood, her show before Brothers and Sisters.

I liked Everwood too. Jeeze, it's been ages since I've seen it. *note to self, rent all seasons on DVD*

So how did you guys like last night's episode? I have to say the show's getting a tad predictable but I still dig it. Although, Emily doesn't seem to be doing "much" of the revenge. Her guy friend (I'm blanking on his name and I think he secretly digs her), is the one who seems to keep digging stuff up for her and warning her all the time. He seems to be the one taking all the risks, and now that he's been caught on camera, Frank knows Emily might be behind everything. We haven't really "seen" her in action yet.
She's seducing the son and getting to know Victoria obviously. (I like Frank, he's kind of scary and that's kind of hot at the same time... lol)

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was fantastic. Can't wait for next week. I feel soooo bad for Jack.

And I totally know what you mean about Frank. ;)

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that last episode took some turns I didn't expect. Love it.

Laura J

Odessa Quinn
Registered
Reaction score
I know, it was one of those shows that made me keep repeating, "What? What?". I love this show. Was it based on a book?

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Note to Frank: Never meet anyone after dark in a parking lot, even if it's a stripper. But...maybe he'll be okay.

Laura J

Odessa Quinn
Registered
Reaction score
I know. But, he wasn't found dead, so there is hope. I do like him and hope he lives. He's tough. I also like Jack. I'm sure he will eventually get the girl, but that seems a ways off. It does seem like this how could have a limited lifespan. Maybe a season or two, but it is hard to see it lasting very long, content wise.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread. I LOVE Revenge! I still have to watch this weeks but it was killing me Wed. when i didnt have time to watch it. Amazing series!

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I love this show, I love Victoria, such a delicious character. And everything just fits so well together. Next to Ringer & American Horror Story my new favorite guilty pleasure.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I am really enjoying this show. So different from what is on tv. Love the Emily and Jack. Madelyn Stowe is perfect in her role. It is a fun show, and I am curious how long the revenge plot can carry on. Plus, will it haves happy ending for Emily. She can't get her father back. Will she ever be truly satisfied with hurting those that have hurt her family. Or will it bite her in the ass?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to see how everything is going to fit into the the first episodes beginning.