Jane the Virgin

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What, no Jane the Virgin thread?

Is nobody watching this adorable, hilarious, clever, addictive, surprisingly heartfelt series? Come on, guys. I want to talk about it!

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of it. What network does it play on?

Um... The CW. BUT! It's been lauded as Fall's best new show across the board. It feels a bit Wonderfalls-y (less cynical, more heart), or Pushing Daisies-y (less... odd, more story) to me. Both shows I enjoyed a lot.

I watched the pilot and fell into a JtV-shaped hole. I cannot get enough.

EDIT: there is an extended trailer floating around the web which should have been at least ninety seconds shorter. Do not let a bad trailer influence your decision to watch it!

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Um... The CW. BUT! It's been lauded as Fall's best new show across the board. It feels a bit Wonderfalls-y (less cynical, more heart), or Pushing Daisies-y (less... odd, more story) to me. Both shows I enjoyed a lot.

This is a recommendation for me :D

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
I've been keeping up with it, and even though sometimes it can get a bit predictable with its twists, I love it. Gina Rodriguez is adorable and every episode I keep rooting for her and Rafael to get together.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Will I be very confused, starting at ep 5? That's where Hulu starts.

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Will I be very confused, starting at ep 5? That's where Hulu starts.

Yeah, I suppose... Plus, all the fun you'd be missing! The full eps are up on YT, I saw when trying to find a decent trailer. So if you don't mind that sort of thing...

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been keeping up with it, and even though sometimes it can get a bit predictable with its twists, I love it. Gina Rodriguez is adorable and every episode I keep rooting for her and Rafael to get together.

I knoooow. Yet the internet is full of Jane/Michael shippers. Team Rafael 4evah!

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
OMG!! I love Jane the Virgin because all of the characters are just so cool. Plus, I am a big Paulina Rubio fan just like Jane's mother.

Last edited:

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently JtV is nominated for Best Comedy, and Best Actress (Gina Rodriguez). Go Jane! :hooray:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose... Plus, all the fun you'd be missing! The full eps are up on YT, I saw when trying to find a decent trailer. So if you don't mind that sort of thing...
I don't know what YT is.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I really like it and I started watching somewhere around episode 4 or 5 and it wasn't hard for me to catch up. I would like to see the first episodes at some point though.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
This one looked kind of different and quirky, so I gave it a try and have been enjoying it a lot. The format is very unusual, with the narrator filling us in on things and text on the screen giving us prompts/reminders. It works really well, actually.

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score
Count me as another fan. I've been impressed by how the characters, for the most part, behave like real people, despite the show's farfetched premise.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. I saw previews for this show and thought, "um, no." But now, I'm thinking..."maybe!"

Perhaps I'll try it out on Youtube the next time I'm at a loss for something to watch.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
At first I thought: "Gods, this concept is so STUPID, I have see what the hell".

And then I thought: "Wait, that's all? WHAT IS THIS BREAK I WANT ANOTHER EPISODE! D:"

I don't LOVE it, but I like it a lot :) It's so warm, fuzzy, cleverly funny, and brings me back decade and a half ago when I was watching the real telenovelas with my grandmothers. And I think it's great if someone would want to watch it with their grandmother now too (alas, mine don't speak English), because it's very easy to follow with the hints, narrator, and notes on the screen :)

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I was on the 'the premise looks like total crap and I'll never watch it' side until I was sick and too miserable to be picky. That show turned out to be the total opposite of what I was expecting, and I'm happy I gave it a shot. It has good writing and even though it's light-hearted also has some dark humorous elements that as someone earlier said is reminiscent of Pushing Daisies a little bit.

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eeeeee! So good to see fellow lovers/likers :D

Team Michael, Team Rafael or Team Jane?

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Team Michael. Rafael is too easy! (as in, plot-solution-wise, not sleeping around too much :D) But Raf is clearly the end-game here. I always overcomplicate stuff :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Weird experiences with the YouTube eps. Either there was a filter over the screen or the picture was cut off on the bottom (cutting off the subtitles for the Spanish, so it was lucky the first one I watched was with the filter so I would know).

Now I am through episode 5.

I think the show has been pretty balanced in the love triangle so far. I'm not sure who she's supposed to end up with, unless we go with who the baby's parents are. Although right now in my viewing, Michael's in the dog house.

I love the focus on family relationships.