Galavant

Sumi Long

Registered
Reaction score
I have to watch episode 3 and 4 in order to catch up but I love what I've seen so far. The sarcastic, witty humor in the songs is great and I second the Joust scene. It very much reminds me of Monty Python (in a sense) and other parodies such as Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

LeighAnderson

Escape from this painting of a life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leighandersonromance.com
This show is definitely not for everyone. It can be hard to get into and ride the wave. You also have to pay attention, you can't just have it on in the background because most of the jokes are in the songs. Of course, my husband and I seriously lost it at the "how many people does it take to defend Valeria? More than you had." Talk about a zinger! And Hugh Bonneville as a Land Pirate? That was awesome. Even having Land Pirates? Absolutely hilarious. And this weekend's episode will feature Weird Al. The show has me hooked.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I love this silly show. The bit with the pirates slayed me.

I just about lost it when I realized the king is played by "Lassie" from Psych. :D

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I thought it was something that was supposed to be serious and just ran away after reading the premise. If it's a comedy I might give it a go :D

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I had forgotten Rutger Hauer was in this until the end of last night! :D

Definitely looking forward to the Kingsley / Madeleina take down.

(Also, I think Ricky Gervais may have finally found a character he can pull off perfectly. Who couldn't use a little Xanax?)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Well, that's four hours wasted.

For something that started (for me) so entertainingly, each week got progressively less so, culminating in the finale's big...WTF? So yeah. I am sad.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Very upset. Very, very upset. This was supposed to be a mini-series, not a lead-in cliffie for a second "season."

I think this stunt is going to backfire on them, big time, which is sad because the "secret" song, and Richard's lullaby were awesome numbers.

Last edited:

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Very upset. Very, very upset. This was supposed to be a mini-series, not a lead-in cliffie for a second "season."

I think this stunt is going to backfire on them, big time, which is sad because the "secret" song, and Richard's lullaby were awesome numbers.

Agreed. It had so much promise. (The "sneaking" moment, across the hallway with the two guards staring sternly ahead, had me laugh out loud.) If the show had stopped winking at itself for being so terribly clever and so terribly meta, it could have been a fantastic mini-series.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Agreed with the anger below.

I wasn't impressed with the introduction of yet ANOTHER new character at the last second - "Prince Harry/Cousin". The plate was pretty full at that point and he seemed to be set up as the big baddie for next season... if they get one.

Way too many loose ends. Enjoyed it but won't be holding my breath for a second season and definitely not happy with the trick ending.

Talk about 'fridging the woman.

:p

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Actually, Galavant wasn't designed to be a mini series. It wasn't originally supposed to air over 4 nights, but 8 weeks. It was technically a limited series. All that means is that there are a limited number of episodes per season, not a limited number of seasons. It's tricky language that the networks like to use.

ABC decided to limit the show to 4 nights. They didn't have much faith that it would do well in the ratings, thus it was presented in a different way.