Last Movie You Watched...

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
House of Horrors, a cheapie from 1946. Rondo Hatton plays a disfigured serial killer who's taken in by an insane sculptor played by Martin Koslek. Hatton kills a couple people at random but when he starts finding out there are those who don't like Koslek, they get whacked, as well. Two victims are Alan Napier, who played Alfred in the TV series Batman and Virginia Christie, better known to most people in the US as Mrs. Olson, the cheerful Swede who pushed Folger's Instant Coffee on housewives whose marriages were eroding because of the crap coffee they had the nerve to give to their husbands.

Last edited:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Imitation Game--fascinating story, fabulous acting.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Ben, we started to watch that on the Svengoolie show, but couldn't stay awake :( The first hour was fun.

I saw that last night, too. Actually, it wasn't too bad for the era and genre. Kinda fun, if not nearly as horrific as the producers likely hoped. They weren't so given to brooding down time and meandering, painstaking setups in those films. Svengoolie did a decent presentation, too. (If you catch a rerun, he does a bit at the end talking about the new set, which is kind of interesting even if it is blatant filler for a 65-minute movie in a 2-hour timeslot.)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Jersey Boys with my 9 year old grand daughter. We saw it in a renovated cinema that was built in the thirties--red plush seats, velvet and gold curtains and stained glass chandeliers. We sat in the balcony at Magnolia's insistence.

I was 9 when Sherrie Baby came out. I used to sing it with my grandfather while we watered his garden. He was a big rock n roll fan. Maz and I sang it all the way to the parking lot! --s6

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I saw CAKE on Saturday. I was absolutely blown away. There were MANY tears! It was ugly!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Kyofu (J-horror) which has the most OMGWTFBBQ mother ever. I cringed, which does not happen often, let me assure you. Good horror plot with several twists. Highly recommended.

The elder offspring saw American Sniper last night. (I have no intention whatsoever of seeing it. Schindler's List spent more than enough time ripping my heart out and stomping on the pieces, then shredding the pieces, thank you very much.)

The elder offspring loves to talk and will discuss his opinions at length with hardly a breath being drawn.

He walked in the door red-eyed and 99% speechless.

He then went online and bought the book.

I believe this is as high a recommendation as he can give.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Transcendence = Meh.

(But I do lurve me some Johnny Depp) :eek:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
"Dirty Harry" Haven't seen that in ages. I did notice that there's a scene with the DA and a judge, and they're yelling at Harry for violating the criminal's rights, harrassjng him, and getting evidence without a warrant. "We'll have to let him go. We have nothing to charge him with." Wait. He assaulted Harry with the intent to kill him. Wounded another Police Officer. Not to mention the fact that he let a girl suffocate to death... seems like plenty to hold and arrest him for.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snow Falling on Cedars - Very moving and beautiful. I like Ethan Hawke.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I saw STILL ALICE on Saturday. It wasn't bad. Liked it! (-:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Ouija Experiment (Netflix). More shakycam than necessary, painfully obvious plot, BAD acting, unlikeable characters. Only a few decent jump scares made it remotely worth watching.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Watched part of 28 Days in the wee smalls this morning. I'd seen it in its entirety before. This is the one with Sandra Bullock and Steve Buscemi; she's in forced rehab, he's her rehabilitated counselor. The thing about her, imo, is that she's a lot more talented than she often shows. Stuck in that light comedy motif. There is humor here, also drama, also tragedy, and she's able to show some of her depth. As with a lot of these people who've become bankable brands, I think there's often a lot more, but it's probably either conform to expectations or wither away. So can't blame her really.