Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

katatonic

Couldn't agree more Fox, Supernatural is probably the only show on right now where I actually trust the writers. My trust runs deep because despite the subject itself (demons vs angels/demon hunters) which is cliche/overdone, the writers manage to make it original, fun, memorable and worth watching week in week out. Some of the best dialogue I've heard since Firefly and Deadwood too.

I think some shows could really learn from Supernatural....heroes

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite shows right now. One of the best written shows on tv period. Great dialogue...Jenson and Jared are so much fun together, very believable and honest. And I agree that Castiel is an awesome addition. It is smart, funny, sexy, scary. Has a little bit of everything. Haven't seen the latest ep yet, but now I definitely want to!!

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw the latest episode with the writer who seems to be writing their life story. What a great episode. Coolest show on tv at the moment without a doubt!

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
Since this 'brother' doesn't ever show up again, I'm suspecting he isn't a brother, merely a demon trick.

I trust Kripke and co. They know what they are doing, making fun episodes tie into the mythos of the show (MatEotB is the best example)

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it is awesome to see so many others here at AW that not just love the show, but admire the writing and acting as well. It is my favorite show on TV by far.

I can't wait to see what Kripke and company have in store for the brothers in these last few episodes this season. I have a feeling he may give us another summer of suffering like he did last year! They've been given the go ahead for season five, but after that Kripke claims it is the end of the show for him, Jensen and Jared. I am going to ball like a baby when this series ends! Until that time, I'm going to enjoy each and every episode!

Thank goodness we get a new one this week!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Does anyone have any clue how they're going to end the season? I confess I don't. I liked last night's ep a lot, but it seemed like "filler" while they gear up to rip our hearts out at the end of the season. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the season actually ends?

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
The Rapture - April 30th
When the Levee Breaks- May 7th
Lucifer Rising- May 14th - Finale

So only 3 more episodes left :(

And I agree that last one was a filler episode. I enjoyed it, as usual, but I think it was just there to set up something bigger. Specifically I think they are going to confront the situation with Sam's blood very soon.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Thanks, nahalwi. I agree about them hitting us over the head with Sam's blood. I get the feeling that Sam will "go darkside" in some way in the last ep--but perhaps in a split-way somehow involving Ruby. Who will show her true colors, as foreshadowed in that truly evil look she gave the top of Sam's head in the Prophet ep when Sam drank her blood. And somehow still hunting with Dean as he desperately tries not to stay darkside.

Last edited:

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
Personal opinion on how the show should end this season - Lilith dying ( b/c every big bad gets 2 seasons) and Lucifer walking free with Sam as his vessel.

BUT have you heard? Jensen said in some Australian interview that he is willing to stay another seaon to end the show if that's what it takes. Seems CW is already trying to extend the life of the show. Wooo!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I thought it was going to be 5 seasons and out? That they wanted to go on a high note rather than actually jumping the shark and getting axed.

I like your idea, mamaesme. Last night I found a couple spoiler sites on the web for the next 2 eps (not the last): -->HIGHLIGHT THE COPY BELOW IF YOU WANT SPOILERS<--

Next week, Castiel disappears from his host and the host wants his life back, but...

The following week (part 1 of the ending 2-parter) Dean and Bobby lock Sam in Bobby's Safe Room to force Sam to detox from all the demon blood. Dean finds Castiel and asks for his help (thus I assume Cas gets back into his host). Lots of seals get broken and Bobby contemplates letting demon-blood Sam out to help.

You know a show is good when you start wanting to bend space-time to make Tursday happen NOW. :D

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be 5 seasons and out? That they wanted to go on a high note rather than actually jumping the shark and getting axed.

Jensen said something about all of that being taken out of context. The contracts are for 5 yrs but he is willing (and Jared looked like he agreed) to stay longer.

Personally, I think they love the show and crew and just didn't think it would really end so quickly. Also, steady source of income in our economy. AND it keeps them current. As current actors they are in a good place financially and project wise.

Misha is also contracted for 17 episodes next season, so more time off for the boys...maybe.

Let me find the link.

As for next week's eppie,I have predictions and opinions of that as well. All are very positive bc I love Castiel and Misha.

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the link.

You are more than welcome. J2+M are too cute for me not to post this.

But I hate how the interviewer makes all the fandom seems like they hate girls in the show. I LOVED Bela. She was a badass who kept the boys on their toes and had an interetsing backstory. Katie!Ruby was great too. She was an awesome badass.

new!Ruby and I have problems. Where she is going isn't my favorite line. It's not the character but the actress. Her style isn't something I perfer. (and I can't seem to understand wth she is doing sometimes)

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Great interview but man, what's with the hat? He looks like he's about to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder what they'll do next season. It's hard to top angels and lucifer.

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
Great interview but man, what's with the hat? He looks like he's about to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder what they'll do next season. It's hard to top angels and lucifer.

Jared's always wearing a hat in interviews/at conventions. He can't seem to know what to do with his hair. (and I have the urge to start a headband/hat campaign for the poor boy)

As for topping lucifer and angels, season 5 will probably be all the fall out. Kripke could probably make it last until the end of season 6, but beyond that I really don't know. It's sad that it's this way because ratings didn't get great until now. I kinda wish we had spent more time on the seals arc.

But then, season 4 - while awesome - has been a bit rushed. Like Kripke was trying to stuff it full with all the things he wanted to do before the show ended. Now he's kinda screwed.

*shrugs* I think we're looking at six season and then done.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Yeah, when EW was talking to the boys and Kripke, it was right at the end of filming and after Kim Manners passed away, so they would definitely sound haggard - done at 5. I am glad they want to serve the story best, so it's nice to hear the boys refer to s6 as a possibility.

Australia is going into winter as we head into summer, so that's another reason for hats. It actually does get chilly down there. ;)

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
I am glad they want to serve the story best, so it's nice to hear the boys refer to s6 as a possibility.

Okay, rumor patrol may kill me for this one, but after patroling the CW lounge, I've found out some AWESOME info.

One member works for an advertising agency (I think) and they placed in a bid for season 5 (who asked her to work on concept art for the chance of more seasons). Her client is also reporting that WB (who owns SPN) is trying to negotiate for two more seasons already.

Major score for SPN fans. MAJOR!

Ciera_

Yay! I can't bear the thought of it ending, I'd honestly rather it get slowly crappier and crappier until I don't feel like watching it. It's a less forced end, that way. But I'm just weird like that.
The last episode was a disappointment. But I heard somewhere that
The actor who played Adam Milligan in the last episode was going to come back for several eppies next season and I really hope that's true
Now spoilers just for the last episode:

Adam was pretty cool, though we never really met real!adam (what does the exclamation mark in certain terms even mean? I always see it, and it seems right here...anyway) 'cause it was a nasty ghouly.

He had cute rabbitty teeth ^.^
Sort of a gruesome episode, don'tcha guys think? I liked it, but it was definitely filler.
It's off to bed for me!

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
the exclamation mark between words is to emphasize an attribute of a character (sick!Dean, questioning!Castiel, evil!Sam, child!Lillith, wee!winchesters). It's fairly fandom oriented. And it just looks cool.

Wait, Adam is coming back? WHAT?! I ish happy now. But he needs better hair. I SERIOUSLY have a problem with the hair.

I did like him though. He could bring out cuter sides of Sam and Dean. Weee.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
My understanding is that in computing "!A" means "not A", so fandom started describing characters acting out of character as "!charactername", meaning "not charactername". Then it started getting complicated, like angry!charactername and evil!charactername and sappy!charactername and etc.

This is a geeky!discussion. :tongue

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
My understanding is that in computing "!A" means "not A", so fandom started describing characters acting out of character as "!charactername", meaning "not charactername". Then it started getting complicated, like angry!charactername and evil!charactername and sappy!charactername and etc.

This is a geeky!discussion. :tongue

Someone programs!

Yeah. The -!charactername things originates from fanfiction. We'll blame them. (It's so much easier to just do that)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
[rant]

Too many frickin' commercials! Especially before the non-ending, meh.

[/rant]

If I interpreted the clip for next week correctly, Dean's going to get possessed by an angel and battle with Sam. :D