Where are you? (in your novel)

darkangel77

Head in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Still in rewrites, all 4 books that are (semi) complete. Doing first draft of book #5, and outlining book #6. Yeah, doing it all at once, helps me to keep consistency.

At this very moment...Briella just escaped back to Florida, to her mom's house, with Ralden and Dusk, nearly escaping arrest back on their world.

kwanzaabot

Registered
Reaction score
Let's see... page 77. Doctor Leto Bartlett has just woken up with a hangover and a stark naked Man In Black (the type from the UFO conspiracies) rooting around her apartment, having taken it upon himself to feed her cat. She's about to cross the Threshold of her Hero's Journey.

So I'm up to the infuriatingly difficult-to-write part.

Katharine Tree

Þæt wæs god cyning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinetree.com
Is he still a Man In Black if he's naked?

Writing part 7, the wind-down. Lots of threads to gather up and tie off, and not entirely sure how some of them will be tied. I do know what the final image of the book will be, which is comforting. Not sure this part will make it to full length, to tell the truth.

In the meantime, having hard thoughts about plot points that got neglected or skimmed over. I need to do some clever thinking in the next month or so.

clemency

Registered
Reaction score
Man formerly in black?

I'm in almost exactly the same place as you, Katherine Tree. Happy with the start, happy with the end, big hole in the middle that I'm having real difficulty getting out of. Which is apt, because my MC is currently stuck in a room she can't see any way to escape from.

I think I need to start dealing with my own life instead of hers tonight.

Prankster Bob

Banned
Reaction score
well I'm revising a part where several characters go down into a mine to excavate bleachers that are blocking the tunnel.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm just outlining at the moment. I'm currently seriously reconsidering having the dog in the story. Think he might only make a cameo appearance instead.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
In the unfetted sun, they sit on the bench, dressed lightly, and take shade at the City Hall tram stop. Should they take their picnic and wine out west to Dixon Beach or up to Regent's Park? The next tram will call it, but is fate ready to play its hand?

Haven't decided yet, but what waits at the park could change everything.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
<sigh> I'm at the same flippin' place I've been for close to two months — staring at a basically blank document with the heading "Chapter 21". The place where all sorts of goofy mayhem is supposed to bust loose, but I just haven't been feeling particularly goofy for awhile.

Meh. It'll come back eventually, but, damn it, I need it back NOW. I must train myself to take advantage of bat-shit crazy when it's in residence. What's the old saying? Make hay while the sun shines.

Sumi Long

Registered
Reaction score
One of the main characters just found out his brother is gay and is nothing but supportive.

Tailcoat

Hugger of Kittens
Registered
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out what kind of external action will drive the character changes and if I have any business attempting a novel. Super frustrating.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MC, soaked in blood, confronts an apex predator with a wry sense of humor.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
First revision.

Sigh.

I should read it aloud but I am enjoying the radio at the moment so, maybe later.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Our two lovers wade knee deep through the turbid waters of Dixon Beach. Was that a jellyfish bloom I heard on the news?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Conall has been kidnapped and is hidden in the false bottom of a wagon. Owain is about to notice that there is something odd about that wagon and start figuring out how he's going to take on 5 men to get to the bottom of things. :D

Last edited:

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MC declares she's a spy not an assassin then ditches an antagonistic third party in the middle of a fire fight.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Currently reworking about 10-15k words after working out some plot kinks.

More specifically: Peter is telling his story, and in that story his father has just died and he's gone off the deep end looking for a cure to mortality. He's about to meet the female lead, who will only feed into his mania.

DreamDestroyer

Registered
Reaction score
The main character is on a date and about to stop a crime from happening by using his newly acquired powers for the first time.