The weirdest thing in your search history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Last evening, I looked up "What does burning flesh smell like?" Between my search history and my interest in True Crime...always been a little worried as to what would happen if someone close to me disappeared. After all, standard rule of investigation: start with the people closest to the victim and work your way out. :O

thisprovinciallife

hi! i'm reese.
Registered
Reaction score
I was researching suicide methods, and suddenly all of the side ads on Facebook and such were for suicide hotlines and counseling. I mean, thanks for lookin' out, Google, but also STOP STALKING ME.

Makes me wonder what they do with the rest of my Google searches:
How to knock someone out politely, eating weed after a big meal...
"Is there an ad for that?"
"Nope, just put it in her file..."

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Dodgy search histories are a good reason to Finish the Book.

*front door bursts open*

"Hello, hello, hello"

*holds up book*

"See? All legit. You wouldn't treat Ian Rankin like this, would you?"

"Sorry to have bothered you."

*plod attempts to pull front door shut*

*door creaks*

*falls off hinges*

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
The most recent weirdest thing in my search history was "Jehovah's Witness Sex Offender Database".

Don't ask. One of my sources in my ethnographic research convinced me such a thing existed, and, of course, I had to go looking for it.

Straka

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danstraka.blogspot.com
What's the weirdest thing you've had to look up recently?

Today I've googled how to comfortably gag someone, how to pick handcuffs, and how much a person can bleed before they die. I'm probably on some kind of list. :tongue

If the government is watching, I'd wonder what they'd think... my wife and I both use the same youtube account, her for yoga and music, and me for research; guns shoot, Miami dance videos, Marines... the suggested video section becomes somewhat amusing.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I dunno if it's "weird" per se, but I researched the epidemiology of yesinia pestis, i.e. The Plague or The Black Death. Intriguing that it's still around and practically unchanged (genetically) but 1) we don't have as many rats carrying plague-laden fleas 2) our improved diet gives as a better chance of surviving an infection 3) we can generally can treat it pretty easily if it's contracted.

Fun fact: you really can't catch the plague from an infected body unless you come into contact with their lymph nodes. Am I going to make use of that in the WIP that I'm conducting this research for? Why yes, yes I am.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Good to know, but honestly the problem is more so the fact that I'm both incredibly private & fairly paranoid rather than what I'm actually looking up. My brain just wants to automatically jump to the worst possible outcome of anything that involves me & being in public.

In that case, for searches use Startpage, or if you'd like to be "invisible" to the website you're about to visit, use the proxy links from Ixquick.

All Google has for me are whatever I've searched for on Google Maps.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
difference between who and whom
who for subjects; whom for objects, of sentences

thnx GrammarGirldotcom !!!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Apparently, I looked up the words "Bork, bork, bork" over a month ago. I don't remember why.

I also found this guy in my search history (he-he!:D):
hobbit-party-thranduil-gingerhaze_zpspj7rwvfi.gif

Other than that, I've been having to do a lot of research for my university courses, so outside of occasional searches for various mythical creatures, my searches are pretty boring.

Also—because I was curious for no reason—Do big cats get hairballs? Yes, they do. It's just as gross.
I don't know if you're talking about wild big cats or not, but my cat is rather large and some of his hairballs look like alien creatures.

A purely curiosity search for my real live actual name.

First thing that turns up is the name (which I share) of the world's leading expert on the horrible black funnel web spiders that infest Queensland, Australia.

I ain't him.

caw
When I do searches for my name, I get this researcher at Cornell University who helped discover something called "white nose disease" in bats.

I ain't her.:)

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
E.F.B., I know you probably can't tell me, but I am kind of curious as to how you got a picture of dancing Thranduil in your search history. I swear I won't judge, especially since I'm in no position to do so, given the contents of my search history.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I may or may not have typed the words "Party Thranduil" into the search engine at some point. Not that I like Thranduil too much or anything...

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
No, unfortunately. He was too busy saying dwarvish curses in his jail cell. :p If you want Thorin and Thranduil together, you need to type in "Thorinduil". That's their "ship name". You could also type in "Bagginshield" but then you'd get Bilbo and Thorin. :)

Last edited:

Katharine Tree

Þæt wæs god cyning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinetree.com

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
A few days ago I actually had to research how homemade bombs work. I'm willing to bullshit a lot, but I needed to know if a bomb could be delayed without having a timer. (Yes, it can.)

Also: the effects of opium, what it looks like, and how it might be ingested.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A few days ago I actually had to research how homemade bombs work. I'm willing to bullshit a lot, but I needed to know if a bomb could be delayed without having a timer. (Yes, it can.)

Also: the effects of opium, what it looks like, and how it might be ingested.

We're watching you.

-A message from your friendly FBI agent.

(Maybe the DEA, too.)

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
We're watching you.

-A message from your friendly FBI agent.

(Maybe the DEA, too.)

Ah, but now I have plausible deniability. That's why I created this thread weeks ago. I like to plan ahe...

...Cough. I mean. Um. Nope, no bombs or drugs here.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Aw, shucks, I've probably had the NSA watching me for years. (Hi, guys! I'm still harmless.)

My recent history has an image search for military camo veils, dresses made out of glass, Maori glass, some broadcast towers south of Phoenix, how to detect liver damage from secondary autopsy clues, Phoenix Comic-con's website updates, steampunk ballgowns, breeds of dog most likely to have motion-sickness in cars, Liam Neeson's recent movies, clothing designer Michael Cinco, the phrase 'abortion of a dress', Guillermo del Toro projects, apartments in Phoenix, what gangrene smells like at different stages, and heat and rainfall projections across the US.

And that's a fairly tame, open search on Google. For really outre stuff, I tend to use other methods behind anonymous browsers. (Hi, guys. No, really, I'm harmless.)

J.S.Fairey

Registered
Reaction score
'Benedict Cumberbatch hottest scenes'

That wasn't technically for writing though... I was trying to cheer up a friend.

The worst one I've had for writing was when I did very in depth research into how to blow up a very specific bridge in London using easy to find explosives. The more I searched the more paranoid I became that MI5 were going to come knocking at my door...

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
How long a dead cat can be of use to a hobbyist med student if kept in a zip-lock in the fridge. I named the cat Mr. Kidneys.

Also, if you were to smash someone in the face with a generic wooden chair, what's more likely to break - the face, or the chair, and what parts of either?

lise8

Registered
Reaction score
Recently have searched for possible/ ideal sex position for very fat men... that was interesting, but sadly not very informative. Maybe I am being size-ist and it is not as complicated as I imagined.

Also: What actually does happen when going Paintballing? I had no clue and my assumptions were soooo wrong, sadly so. Friends suggested I should give it a try and know for sure... Maybe I should, if only I could find volunteers to go with, rich ones, preferably, for it seems to be very expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.