• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Lowenstein Associates (Barbara Lowenstein)

JennyCP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennycoonpeterson.com
Anyone heard back from Emily? I requeried her at the 8-week mark (original query in May, requeried in July) and still haven't heard anything. The website says she always responds, but I don't know if I should mark this one as a no or nudge again.

TeamJulia

How y'all doin'?
Registered
Reaction score
It's been just over two months for me (June 10ish). I was going to give her two months then nudge, but I'm guessing she's swamped after being featured on Literary Rambles. She just tweeted about vacation too so...

I think I'm going to wait another month before nudging.

Good luck Jenny!

JennyCP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennycoonpeterson.com
Thanks TeamJulia! I'm trying not to get that paranoid "maybe she didn't get it...she totally didn't get it!" loop started in my head. Good luck to you too!

TeamJulia

How y'all doin'?
Registered
Reaction score
I feel you. The most recent response I've seen from anyone posting has been someone who submitted mid May. I think she may be busy.
She may not have gotten mine either, but I try not to think about that and worry about querying other agents. (Though I would love to hear back from her with a request, of course!)

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
Update: Queried Emily Gref in Oct 2012. R in April 2013.

MJG_Write

WriteTeachSleep
Registered
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Sorry Penguin. I queried about two weeks ago. Looks like I've got a long wait ahead of me.

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone with any more recent experience with these folks? Particularly, any sales by Ms. Gref yet?

Never mind. I just saw on QT that she's no longer working as an agent. My bad. Should have checked all my sources before posting here!

ETA: Funnily enough, she's still listed as an agent on the agency's website. Mind you, they still have a notice up about being closed to queries for the holidays, so I'm guessing they don't update it too often...

Last edited: