• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta/Crit partner for YA contemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there.

Looking for someone to basically give me feedback as I go along my current project. I can do the same. I'm probably going to send about 45k but I can read up to 60, possibly more if the writing is very clean.

I crit bluntly, with some humor. I also work fast and efficiently. So if you're a '3 years to write a book' type, we probably aren't the best fit.

My MS is a character driven story with two protagonists: a villain protagonist who is a sociopath and eventually a murderer, and a dead protagonist narrating from...beyond. Basically about a peeping tom who befriends the girl he watches only to find out she's nothing like his idealized version of her. He starts to lose his mind. His character arc is a deconstruction. It's dark. I write dark. With sex and violence and other uncomfortable topics. PM me if you're interested.

I can send along the first page if you want.

Last edited:

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, moving along with this one, now looking for new betas for read 45k. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the earlier chunks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.