• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Evil Girlfriend Media

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I submitted to them in August, got a small but personal rejection in January. That is all I can contribute.

otomo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.flyingsparkscomic.com
I met the publisher at a sci-fi convention a couple months ago, just looked them up on here. Publishers/Editors are wonderful people, a mixture of newer folk to the industry and some top notch small press editors who have been around the block. So far they've mostly published short story anthologies, I think only one novel so far. I've read one of the anthologies, the stories in there were pretty good, a range as usual with something like this. It looked professional as a book. I can probably get answers to any specific questions if anyone needs.

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Does anyone know anything about them? I can't find much information on them and I noticed they don't have a thread here so I thought I would ask.

http://www.evilgirlfriendmedia.com

I also looked here and on P and E.

I found a writer who discussed them; she gave me permission to post her blog post.

ETA: The LJ post is from 31-May-2013, and may not reflect 2014.

Whether this is still the contracts for writers, I don't know. I'm not a writer. As a freelancer, AW is one of my major go-to sources on publishers.

*---

Last edited:

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new about this publisher? I'm thinking about sending a story in for their anthology, but the only thing I can find is the blog post mentioned above, and that's from 2013.

I'm unsure about subbing to them because I don't know if the contract has changed or not from the time of the post.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to recall seeing that they are taking shorts for non-anthology publication now, but I'd have to look for the link.

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
Yes they are, but I'm not sure how/where they'll appear once published.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Went on hiatus mid-'17, closed Jan '18.