• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Waxman Literary Agency (formerly Waxman Leavell Literary Agency)

RLSMiller

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query today, got a request for a partial in about 5 minutes. She seems like a really lovely person.

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query today, got a request for a partial in about 5 minutes. She seems like a really lovely person.

RLSMiller,

That's great news. Let me know how it turns out. I'm going to be praying for you. Also, I emailed her letting her know that I submitted through the "Agency's Submission Form" and that I wanted her to review the query. She sent an email back asking me to send the query directly to her.

Hopefully...

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
No word yet on the partial - but it would be lightening speed if I'd heard already - not that I'm not refreshing my gmail every minute. ;)

Keep refreshing it. Hopefully an answer soon. Let us know.

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to her by her e-mail and she requested my proposal same day. So far so good. Polite and timely that is for sure!

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed on P&E that Waxman does not have a $? The agency has no sales to legitimate royalty-paying publishers on record?

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
Now I should retract my post. I guess P&E is not always up to date etc. Still the best resource etc...

Thanks that is good news!

MKL1025

Registered
Reaction score
She just made a sale for a two-book deal for one of AW's own--check it out on Goals & Accomplishments. :)

That's me! She's seriously amazing and really championed my MS to editors. I have no doubt another agent would've given up months ago.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Sorry, folks. We had the $ next to Scott Waxman's name, but missed placing it beside the literary agency listing as well.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Holly a partial on December 15. I haven’t heard anything from her. I’m wondering if I should take that as a no. She was quick when she initially requested my partial.

It takes her six months or so, in my experience (she'd requested the full from the query in 30 minutes).

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Not at all.
Agents can easily take 3 months to get around to reading a partial, and that is without the holiday season

Montage

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sydneywakefield.com
Holiday slam

She might just be catching up on the holidays too. I have a friend who writes Romance and YA. Holly is her agent and she can't say enough nice things about her.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
I got a no today from Holly. I'm feeling depressed. :cry:

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
She took awhile with my partial, as well. I sent it in early October and still hadn't heard back from her in late November, when I wrote to let her know I'd accepted representation.

cagarners

Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Holly sounds like a dream come true. But after looking at the Waxman Agency website and Publishers Marketplace, I'm still not sure she handles romantic suspense (a la Allison Brennan, Sandra Brown, Mariah Stewart, Annie Solomon, et al). I've noticed a few references to commercial women's fiction which is good, but there are so many sub-genres that many agents seem to specialize. Anyone know about Holly Root and romantic suspense or where I can find a list of her specific clients?
I'm new at this forum stuff so hope I did this right. LOL
Thanks for your help.

rwam

Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Holly sounds like a dream come true. But after looking at the Waxman Agency website and Publishers Marketplace, I'm still not sure she handles romantic suspense (a la Allison Brennan, Sandra Brown, Mariah Stewart, Annie Solomon, et al). I've noticed a few references to commercial women's fiction which is good, but there are so many sub-genres that many agents seem to specialize. Anyone know about Holly Root and romantic suspense or where I can find a list of her specific clients?
Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I've always heard if you call an agency's main number, you'll reach the receptionist and he or she is usually be happy to answer these types of questions. After they answer your question, simply say "Thank You" and don't ask to speak with the agent!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know about Holly Root and romantic suspense or where I can find a list of her specific clients?
Thanks for your help.

This may not be of much help, but here's an interview she did a few days ago:

http://www.plotmonkeys.com/714/welcome-holly-root/

plus, check your rep points as i wrote you a quick note with a wee bit more info.

pacandped

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a partial in December and waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone who posted info on Holly Root.

I'm not one to sweat long waits for responses to queries, but it's been 12 days since I queried Ms. Root via her email. From what I've read here, she's lightning fast.

Has anybody else received a rejection/request from her after a two-week span?

Just wondering if I should query again in case the spam filter ate my email.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone who posted info on Holly Root.

I'm not one to sweat long waits for responses to queries, but it's been 12 days since I queried Ms. Root via her email. From what I've read here, she's lightning fast.

For me it was half an hour to request the full, then 7 months to reject it.