• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Totally Entwined Group / Totally Bound (formerly Total-e-bound)

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I've had a browse of the website, but I can't find a few bits of critical information on the new imprints.

Will Finch books be released in ebook and print? Will their release be simultaneous on Amazon?

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, all of the publishing houses under Totally Entwined Group will be book ebook and print. For details around royalties head here

As with our flagship publishing house, Totally Bound, we will indeed be releasing our books through the usual retail outlets as well. Hope this helps :)

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Diversifying

:hi:

I'm Sarah, senior editor at Totally Entwined Group. Just wanted to let you guys know of some really exciting changes that are happening over here.

Our flagship publishing house, Totally Bound Publishing, has been offering Erotic Romance books for eight years, working with more than 400 authors, and releasing six – nine books per week.

2015 sees the birth of three new publishing houses: Finch Books (YA Fiction), Pride Publishing (GLBTQI fiction) and Evidence Press (Crime/Thriller), diversifying and expanding the group.

For more detailed info please head to our website, where you can check out our new guidelines.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
I suspect your thread is going to get shuttled to Promotions or Announcements or whatever shortly, but congrats on the new divisions

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Not a problem, I'm pretty new to AW, so just wanted to share the word where I thought people might be interested :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Yup, it'll get moved, since Novels isn't the place for promo or announcements. :)

But I need to discuss with the other room mods where the best place for this thread to go is so it's not bounced around AW.

Please stand by. ;)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
An offer here for my YA urban fantasy. They'd like me to be part of the first batch of Finch titles launched. Very nice comments from someone who actually read the book and "got" it. And wouldn't you know it, I'm having computer meltdown problems right now that hampered my opening their attachments for writer bio and such. This sucks. I'm getting download failure and timeout notices.

Otherwise, very welcomed and happy news.

chris

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
An offer here for my YA urban fantasy. They'd like me to be part of the first batch of Finch titles launched. Very nice comments from someone who actually read the book and "got" it. And wouldn't you know it, I'm having computer meltdown problems right now that hampered my opening their attachments for writer bio and such. This sucks. I'm getting download failure and timeout notices.

Otherwise, very welcomed and happy news.

chris

YAY!!! Happy day!!! (sorry about the computer problems tho) but this is great news. You'll have to fill us in on how it goes. Congrats, C!!! and I was just saying about wanting to hear good news too, haha!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, lil bud. You're the apple of my eye.

I just fixed the computer problem--it was truly one of the dumbest mistakes I've ever made in my life. Short version--the wall where the telephone jack wire comes out goes to a small box with two hookups. One is Phone and one is DSL. When i disconnected that line and pressure cleaned the fitting last week, I plugged it back into the Phone side instead of the DSL side. Which slowed down everything--like running on regular phone modem or some such thing.

Happy day, unless I'm mistaken. Computers is balls to the wall now at the present. It damn well better keep that up.

tri

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share our latest Pride open submission call;

Pride Publishing Submission Call
The written word can remain with a reader for a lifetime, such is the power of literature.
Pride Publishing is actively acquiring empowering, enchanting and endearing storylines that are sure to capture the reader’s imaginations from start to finish. We’re looking for contemporary stories with lead characters who identify as GLBTQI. 10-100k words. Series and serials will be also be considered. Please send your full manuscripts to [email protected] with the header Pride Publishing Submission along with a synopsis in the first instance. We look forward to hearing from you.

Any questions, please feel free to shout :)

Thanks,

Sarah

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Sarah,

I have a question on your Pride imprint. I submitted my last YA novel to Finch. It contains lesbian romance.

I received an R&R request which, although I think it was intended to be nice/and I genuinely believe the person writing it liked the story and wanted me to resubmit, it really made me doubt how LGBTQ friendly Totally Bound really is a company. I am happy to forward you this email. I was told that they would love to publish my book *if* I took out the lesbian elements and made the girls buddies because historically f/f does not sell for Totally Bound.

This makes me wonder -- is this stance unique to the Finch imprint? Are you not publishing f/f YA at all? There are many great M/M imprints and publishers -- Dreamspinner, the parent company of Harmony Ink, who signed the manuscript in question, only publishes M/M Romance while Harmony Ink does the full LGTBIQA spectrum. However, they are upfront about what they publish and their market, as are lesbian romance only publishers like Bella Books.

My question in all this is -- is it worth authors time to submit lesbian, bisexual, queer-spectrum etc. books to your Pride Imprint, or are you actually only looking for M/M?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
:hi:

I'm Sarah, senior editor at Totally Entwined Group. Just wanted to let you guys know of some really exciting changes that are happening over here.

Our flagship publishing house, Totally Bound Publishing, has been offering Erotic Romance books for eight years, working with more than 400 authors, and releasing six – nine books per week.

2015 sees the birth of three new publishing houses: Finch Books (YA Fiction), Pride Publishing (GLBTQI fiction) and Evidence Press (Crime/Thriller), diversifying and expanding the group.

For more detailed info please head to our website, where you can check out our new guidelines.

Hi, Sara. Thought this might be quicker--I was offered a contract and my agent is hard to get a hold of right now, but she's well aware of the offer. My apologies--you are at the top of our list. I ask you to please be patient with us and we'll get to you. Toss me on the back-burner like a fat hamburger. I haven't forgot about Totally Bound.

Sincerely,

Chris Stevenson

http://absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Tink01

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
was just wondering if anyone has sent a submission to totally bound recently and if so and you have heard from them, what was the turn around time?

Tink01

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for reply Barbara. I take it they are busy with submissions then. Thought I might get lucky and get a quick response as a couple of people on here have had replies within a couple of weeks. Let's hope that waiting longer means good news.

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
They've expressed interest in a M/T/S of mine for the new Evidence Press imprint, tentatively scheduled for (imprint) launch in November 2015.

I queried in early March; the response was a bit over three weeks. By late April the manuscript was forwarded to an editor, and I was advised to await further contact. I've not yet been made an offer, or seen a contract . . . bear in mind only interest has been expressed thus far.

Since I'm not certain of their protocols/procedures, I've elected to remain patient. After all, the workload stress of launching a handful of new imprints almost simultaneously must be staggering; the logistics alone could set one's head to spinning.

Under the circumstances, patience may be well advised for all who have subbed. Good Luck to All!

P.S., Sarah has been a sweetheart to deal with...

Last edited:

Tink01

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
Triceretops how are you finding them as a publisher?

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from them saying that they want my YA novel The Menagerie. I'll check out the information and see how it goes. All these books coming out...my brain is going to explode... :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the responses.
Triceretops how are you finding them as a publisher?

Well, I'm still new, and waiting for my agent and I to receive the contract so we can gander at them. As far as my research and correspondence with them, I think they are a very promising small/independent, as far as that goes. They have good reps all around. I think they had an incredible amount of top 100 Amazon hits for their romance line. The Finch line for YA is going to be a new launch.

Tri

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Epic Fantasy Submission Call

Hi guys,

Finch Books are pleased to welcome Epic Fantasy titles. Your story will feature an original plot, spanning a trilogy of novels and following your protagonist on a journey that encompasses several years. Based in an alternate reality or an entirely new, undiscovered world, your relatable characters will face their trials and tribulations alongside their eclectic mix of friends and foe, be they mythological, unique creatures or more familiar beings. Immerse your readers in their adventures and inspire them with your characters’ integrity and strength. See what our submission image says to you. We’re looking for 30 - 80k per book in the trilogy. In the first instance, please send your series synopsis to [email protected] with the header Finch Books Submission. We look forward to hearing from you.

For more information about guidelines and exciting opportunities with Finch please head to our website.

If you have any questions or would like to know anything else I'd love to help out :hooray:

Thanks,

Sarah—Senior Editor, Totally Entwined Group.