Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
John. Get. Out. Of. The. Spices.

Really! He writes one Viet Nam book and has to go do more "research."

I write C-fic but I'm kickin' the sides outta the box. Silly box was getting limp walls anyway. My current project, LOVE ONLY KNOWS, is going indie as soon as I get edits, some formatting chops, and a cover. It won't be CBA perfect. I like it like that.

Truly, I tried to make them "good Christians" but the characters simply refused to go there. They're a lot more colorful IMO. They're believers, but they make lots of mistakes, get hammered once or twice, cuss when they're really at the limit, and, and, and. In other words, they act like real people and not cardboard cutouts.

I like this book. I hope my small and deeply questionable group of followers like it, too.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Deb, please let us know when it goes live! Sounds like my kind of people. :)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Hi.:hi: Just thought I'd peek in and see what my fellow Christian writers are talking about. Happy Easter weekend to all of you!

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of something to post in the Christian sub-forum, because yeah... There has got to be more life around here! But can't seem to think of a topic to talk about... haha... But here I am... stepping inside the cafe, wondering if anyone here serves tea. Chamomile please.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
brian: Yes, this room is about writing Christian fic and NF. It's not intended for posting devotionals--that is, not unless you're asking for info on markets that publish devotionals.

If you're looking for critique, there's a subforum in Share Your Work (password: vista) for religious writing. If you're querying C-fic or NF, Query Letter Hell is the place for that.

I strongly recommend reading and critiquing other people's writing/queries before posting your own. Get a feel for how critiques work. QLH, especially, is called that for a reason. We're here to help each other make our writing better; not to rah-rah and give empty compliments.

This room, the newly renamed Fellowship Cafe, is the relaxing room. It's the place to catch up, to say hello, to kick back.

It goes without saying that this isn't a place to preach, or try to convert anyone to your personal brand of Christianity, or to bash any other faith in any way.

That being said, is anyone else staring at a chocolate bunny and coveting "just a bite"? It looks sooo good...

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
In honor of my wake-up call this morning, which was my black cat going "mrrow!" an inch from my nose as I turned over to shut off my alarm, I've set out black coffee and dark chocolate scones on the counter.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Did someone say coffee?

I have a black cat, too. He's enormous and very sweet and he sleeps on my head at night. :Wha:

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
My agent has been quite the dervish. He has two of my novels out to houses right now: Pitfall, the first of my new John Brenner suspense series, to a couple of ones in the CBA that are open to edgier stuff (how edgy remains to be seen), and the other--A Certain Slant of Light, a standalone SF work--to two solid general market SF houses.

He also has the followup to Pitfall, Walk Away Clean, in his hands and ready to send to whichever house gives us an offer, and I'm working on Burning River, the followup to that.

Whew! :)

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi :hi:

I like the new name.

My teaching is wrapping up, and I am soooo looking forward to extra time with my children this summer.

And to writing. Writing more.