Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
argh, I used to have the old thread bookmarked so it would take me straight to the first unread post, but I can't get it to work with this one :( any ideas? I've tried bookmarking from the button next to the thread, but it keeps taking me to page 6!

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
argh, I used to have the old thread bookmarked so it would take me straight to the first unread post, but I can't get it to work with this one :( any ideas? I've tried bookmarking from the button next to the thread, but it keeps taking me to page 6!

No Idea :(. I just have this thread subscribed and bookmarked my user cp. Sowy.

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
I posted again. Deb needs to wake up from her nap and post! :tongue

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so over an hour ago I got my crock pot out, plugged it in and I thought I turned it on. Just went in to check and dinner is cold ... I forgot to turn in on! OMG, seriously a blonde moment. I wanted to do MDW, so was kinda in a rush.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Mel - it's 11 degrees her right now, supposed to go below zero tonight. Looks like tomorrow will be going up to 24.

June, sorry to hear about the boot. Never heard of Break, how are they? I currently have accounts on DS, Bright Hub, Associated Content, Infobarrel, Bukisa, Suite 101 and a few others I think. In total (including hub pages and squidoo) I have 9 places to write for. I need to start branching out so I'm pulling in some funds this summer.

Fairy, I didn't even think about that. I'm so afraid of getting rejected though. With resources, can you still claim yourself as an expert? I don't know about you, but finding sources is near impossible since they keep blacklisting everything.

I didn't claim myself as an expert for either. I just received an email when both sites were launched that I was approved. I know someone who applied for Tyra recently and was approved, too. I think I read in the forum that research and grammar scores count, but I'm not too sure what they need to be for those sites.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Fairy. I did look into it earlier, but none of the current jobs interest me. I know nothing in regards to Tyra and the Yellow Book Pages assignments are a little awkward.

I just realized that if I work hard enough, I may finish this round of edits tonight. But first, dinner. I won't be around for FNW/MDW next round, but maybe at 8 est. Have a good hour everyone.

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, next goal is to apply to an agency internship. Then personalize this query that I'm sending out tomorrow. Then maybe I'll think about revising Ff.

Danaalisonlevy

Trying to bring the awesome
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danaalisonlevy.wordpress.com
Hey all - when I went to Post Reply it turned out I had apparently meant to reply several days ago...so now I will emulate the great Erica and try and catch up:

anyone else ever wish they could drown in a pool of Nutella and eat your way out? :D

SNORTING WINE OUT MY NOSE. Fer serious!

Congrats, Lindz! I missed the rep sprinkling... Late rep???

Congrats! Rep??

I like Luminance because it's a little simpler to say. Also, I think it "looks" prettier.

It's like how flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. English is weird.

First: Sarah, yes, Luminance IMO. And second, Lindz, this makes me think about Frankie in the Disreputable History. LOVE THAT BOOK.

Anyway, hope you are all cranking through your writing. I am drafting and redrafting query letters and will likely post in QLH one of these days. Yikes.

Dana

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Which one?
ER's.

I want to apply to CR's too, but he's the agent I'm querying tomorrow (when he finally reopens to queries), and the app deadline for his is the 30th.

ETA: I'm hung up on her 6-word headline about myself.

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
ER's.

I want to apply to CR's too, but he's the agent I'm querying tomorrow (when he finally reopens to queries), and the app deadline for his is the 30th.

ETA: I'm hung up on her 6-word headline about myself.

I app'd to both of those. My letter for ER's was kind of funny. I hope she doesn't mind, lol. I have yet to get a response.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
wow, sometimes i just sit here and read the latest posts and i feel like i'm listening to a different language. anyone ever feel that way :)

Okay, gotta go buzz hubby's head. i'm his official hair cutter :D lucky for me it's all cut to one length. i don't do fading, though i do love giving him a Magua hair style from The Last of the Mohicans :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
When did you apply. Most people seemed to get a response by the next day?

Status
Not open for further replies.