• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieS

Registered
Reaction score
Before I found this community, I never found a forum that was so thorough in supporting a writer. I have never had a beta reader and I am a new writer, so I have no idea if I am someone who thinks I have something amazing when really, I suck. I also don't know how to find a beta buddy online that you can trust with your work. (How could you ever? Any tips?)

That being said, is there anyone who is in the same situation? I am willing to swap- starting small, maybe a few chapters at a time. I need to know if my story is captivating, if the characters are likable, if my wording is ok or just too *insert adjective here.* Is it something you think about when you aren't reading it- I want my story to haunt readers the way my favorite authors haunt me.

I have an 87K word adventure fantasy fiction. It started out as MG but has morphed into something too long and scary for most kids (though my 10 yr old loves it.) If anyone is interested, send a PM with your query and I'll show you my query. If we're a match, maybe we can help each other out.

tom1172821

Registered
Reaction score
I'll PM you. I think there's a lot in terms of legal reassurance for beta testing, so i'm quite sure it's relatively safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.