On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
kellion, glad the weekend's over for you. *hugs*

billie, sorry Hotel Room Blue didn't pass, but glad he's such a great dog!

3-day work week here AND I dived deep into YA revisions last night. :yessmiley

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.

(((Kelly))) But you survived and whatever doesn't kill you can become a repressed memory... or something.

Billie, sorry but yay for Blue anyway!

Can't be glad this is a short week because I have to get up just as early on Thursday to drive to my ILs as I would for work. Ah well. They're nice people, but Mr. Wench's back is really bothering him so the drive worries me.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Heheh. I don't think either of our cars are big enough for that!

Actually when his back gets bad, the only thing that helps is doing certain stretches frequently. So I suppose we'll just be taking a bunch of rest stop breaks. :)

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning, Purgs!

Feeling a bit like a kicked puppy this morning on top of basically running on no sleep, so I'll go hide in the quiet corner at the bar. Put some orange juice in my drink and call it breakfast.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Purgs!

Feeling a bit like a kicked puppy this morning on top of basically running on no sleep, so I'll go hide in the quiet corner at the bar. Put some orange juice in my drink and call it breakfast.

Sorry! I thought you'd pay for working so late last night. :(

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I have never been able to figure out how to crochet. Knitting, no problem.

See, that's how I feel about knitting. Too many needles, and I can't get my hands to move right. My mother despaired of every teaching me to knit.

Lela, did you just say "I have no skills with my hands"? Um... DEADLY WEAPONS is a skill. :D

Seconding this.

Mornin' folk!

Spent all day yesterday (literally, 8 straight hours) at a karate tournament, on The Most Uncomfortable Seats in the World. Luckily, a friend brought stadium seat cushions, so I'm not actually bruised this time, like I usually am.

Kiddo did amazing. 1st in sparring and chanbarra (sword sparring), 3rd in fastest kick, and her demo team got 3rd, which is awesome 'cause it was their first time even trying and they'd had one practice.

Starting today off, secure in the knowledge that I know exactly how I want to edit the next chapter of NoFA. Don't know if I'll get the extra 1,300 words that I want to tack on to the chapter, but I at least I have planned subject matter.

Have determined that my right contact is not correct, and I'm trying to decide if I should call the eye doc now, or wait til my follow up appointment on the 30th. *ponder*

Back in the old department officially this week. Whee. Flaky Boss is out for surgery, so we won't even hear from her for two weeks, and I doubt we'll see her until after the first of the year. Rather looking forward to the reprieve.

I have a three day week, and they've already announced that we get out at 2 on Wednesday. Bring on the "I don't give a flying f*ck".

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Purgatory is so crafty! I haz no skillz with my hands.
Knives don't count? Go figure.

Yep. I make them every year. The only other thing I did different was use my mixer to mix them this time. Which has made every other kind of cookie come out better. I did sub some whole wheat flour in there because I ran out of white, but would less than 25% of the flour for the whole batch make that big a difference?
There's the problem, the whole wheat flour. I slip it into stuff when I can, but it's a known cookie destroyer. Cakes, too, except for coffee cake.

Actually when his back gets bad, the only thing that helps is doing certain stretches frequently. So I suppose we'll just be taking a bunch of rest stop breaks. :)
ThermaCare heat wrap, maybe? When mine's particularly bad, they help. Well, that plus OTC pain medication.

Feeling a bit like a kicked puppy this morning...
Oh, no. We do not approve of puppy-kickers! Is there any way to get yourself a bit of sleep? Even a little will help, I bet. If not, try something with carbs to up your blood sugar.

Maryn, no news is good news

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Unfortunately, the ballet I attended yesterday was horrid. We're talking glorified recital with bizarre music and ninja trees. Yeah. I'm serious. Ninja Trees. I will have to use this experience somewhere.

Thanks for all the yarn lurve. :) When I work on a project like that, I'm never sure how someone else will perceive it. So, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy that you all liked it.

I am going to make me some apple and cinnamon oatmeal and hunker down for the day. No writing, unfortunately, we have a house guest coming for the day. But, I will finish the last of the crocheting I have to do.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Purgies...

I have had a splitting headache since Saturday afternoon.... Really wishing I could turn off the lights in my office today and work in the semi-dark.

Have notes on WARRIORS printed out and tonight... I shall rework some things...

Have a great day all!!!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Lily- Not yet. But, I did see some people recording it on their phones, so there is hope.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
~~~~~~> Me. Seriously. I am past the point in my life where I bend over backwards for people who are not close friends/family. (Spent a lot of time door-matting in my youth. Done.)

*sigh* I still let myself in for doormatting. I'm really resenting the fact that I didn't meet my self-imposed deadline for finishing my wip, partly because of all the things I was doing for other people. It's my own fault for not saying no, so I'm mad at myself too.

And on a lighter note, this is an extreme example of the kind of spelling that shows up in google searches that land on my website:

*www.google.com — are pearesedncail pets aloud to ride in marian one

(I have a picture of former first dog Millie on board Marine One.)

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Ninja trees would be awesome.

And thanks for the hugs, everyone. I'm actually okay, tired-wise. It probably won't really hit till later, but I'm having some fruity things and carbs for "breakfast" anyway. Honestly, this is probably just my own annual pre-holidays grumpish depressiveness. I'll get over it. Though I honestly just kind of want to sleep through it all this year.

Also, yay for Tas' badass kiddo! :D

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
String cheese does constitute a breakfast food, yes? :tongue

Also, I'm having one of those weirdly green-looking N@ked drinks. They are actually really good, if really weird looking...

(yeah, yeah, pork chop and all that :tongue)

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Purgies!!! Happy Monday!!!

{{{Kell}}}

{{{Mr. Wench}}}

Finally saw Skyfall this weekend. Loved it. But I'm a big James Bond fan of the movies and books so I usually like them all. Connery is the man, but DC has become the definitive Bond. He plays the character pitch perfect and his physicality is unriveled by the other actors who played the role. DC's Bond gets into serious fights and there's no way Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton or Brosnan could match that.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Morning, all.
I'm going to try to be around more from here out. Don't want to bore anyone about why I haven't been, but suffice it to say it's time to stop being mopey. :)
:snoopy:

I am not freaked out I am not freaked out....
You can do eet.

Gratz on the galleys, Moom.

Dragon, :Hail:

For anyone who's wondering, Blue is a German Pinscher, which are generally known as the original pinscher. They almost died out during WWII (pretty much single-handedly saved by Werner Jung who actually smuggled at least one dog out of East Germany in the 50s).
Ah. I wasn't sure what I was looking at because of the angle, but that explains it.

(((kellion)))

Kiddo did amazing. 1st in sparring and chanbarra (sword sparring), 3rd in fastest kick, and her demo team got 3rd, which is awesome 'cause it was their first time even trying and they'd had one practice.
Woohoo for Kiddo.

Morning all.

Ninja trees, Sammy? Hahahaha. You'll never forget that show, though not for the reasons they hoped. Sounds like a Springtime for Hitler.

Zero expectations on my part, but if you're interested, I'm up on WU with more of that St0p Feeling L1ke an Auth0r Wishb0ne series.

chan

Hello!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Purgies!

I'm trying to finish up a synopsis today for a book I turned in a couple weeks ago. Then, I have a big phone call with a production company this afternoon! Eeeek! I'm nervous.

Getting married Saturday so I have to get everything off my plate!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, failed to mention a little thing like a wedding in a few days, did you? ;) May you have as many happy years as Lily and I together. Well, we're not together (I'd weigh a couple hundred more pounds if we were), but you know what I'm trying to say.

Maryn, long-married, as is Lily

chan

Hello!
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Maryn! I read that and I was like, Maryn and Lily are married!!!! *brainexploding*

But I got you! Thanks for the well wishes.

My fiance has almost murdered me as I took on 2 work for hire gigs that both had book deadlines within 2 weeks of wedding. Of course I'm always suuuuuuuch a joy when deadlines approach! ;)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
HE PASSED!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, JL!!!!!!!! :hooray:

I'm back. Exhausted but happy. :)

If you want to see some pix, check out my FB page.

Missed you all!

Welcome back, Cricket! :hi:

But it shouldn't be so hard for an NYC girl to get a cab, right?

So I think she's kind of princessy.

Think? There's no "think" about it, Kell. I'd be p-oed too. She's from NYC and can't manage Philly? REALLY? :rant: Sounds like an excuse from a spoiled princess to me. But, I'm not feeling particularly generous today.

In other news, I've discovered a sign of the apocalypse: A made-for-SyFy move that doesn't suck! It actually creeped me out at the end.

A SyFy original that doesn't suck? Movie title, please. And yes, indeed the apocalypse is at end. (((Lily))) for the mom issues.

Getting married Saturday so I have to get everything off my plate!!

Whoa! Way to sneak it in there. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.