• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Levine Greenberg Rostan Literary Agency (formerly Levine Greenberg Literary Agency)

fantasycreature

Registered
Reaction score
I'd try through email again, since that's how she requested it. Have you tried putting "Requested Materials" in the subject line, to see if that gets you through the filter?

Also, what email client are you using? Some have trouble with hotmail and yahoo, and I've heard of some agencies' systems even booting gmail until they got a fix on that. Do you have another address you can try to send from?

Thanks to both of you...I was dumping the pages in the letter...and requested, but the email comes back spam I tried three times, including a short email just asking if it went through, and that didn't work either. I'll check and see if I can send through another email as this is going from a mac mail server. In any case, I'll call the agency in the morning...I'm wary of sending my work through form letters that give you no paper trail of a submission in general so I hopefully will straighten it out tomorrow.

OK she let me know apparently their web server was being worked on got it through thanks all.

Last edited:

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a quick query to Jim Levine himself, got a quick response with a small rejection note saying it's hard to sell but he wished me good luck with it. :)

Prompt and professional, a definite thumbs up.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested in recent information on YA agent Kerry Sparks of Levine Greenberg, I've got an interview with her up on my blog today. She's fantastic! http://michelle-krys.blogspot.ca/

That's interesting. The agency submission page has "Please do not query agents directly" in bold letters, but in the interview Kerry says "authors are also free to email me queries directly."

She likes middle-grade, but the submission form doesn't even have a check mark for it. And nothing on the submission form allows you to direct to a specific agent.

Now what?

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
That's interesting. The agency submission page has "Please do not query agents directly" in bold letters, but in the interview Kerry says "authors are also free to email me queries directly."

She likes middle-grade, but the submission form doesn't even have a check mark for it. And nothing on the submission form allows you to direct to a specific agent.

Now what?

She says it's okay to email her queries directly using the email address in the interview. Agent Query states the same regarding her submission guidelines.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I fired off a middle-grade query directly to Kerry instead of using the form. If anything awful happens to me, I'll try to write a warning in my own blood.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I fired off a middle-grade query directly to Kerry instead of using the form. If anything awful happens to me, I'll try to write a warning in my own blood.

Stay strong, brave soldier. We'll be praying for you.

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Danielle Svetcov to her email and wasn't struck down with a bolt from the blue and ninja assassins didn't come after me.

I got a partial request instead.

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Partial upgraded to full today.

The spaz is freakin'

BC11

Possibly related to R2-D2
Registered
Reaction score
I loved your interview with Danielle, Krista.

I've read heaps of agent interviews lately and hers really struck a chord with me (especially this bit : "...when I like a person or believe they’re talented, I immediately begin thinking of ways to assist that goodness or talent...I am that meddling lady who fixes friends and clients up on blind dates, sends them want-ads for jobs I believe they’d be great at, cuts articles out of the paper they must read, finds them better apartments to live in. This instinct is genetic, I think, and I’m so lucky and pleased to have found a career that’s allowed it to flourish (legally).")

Queried her because of it and have a partial out right now, so thanks again.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I loved your interview with Danielle, Krista.

I've read heaps of agent interviews lately and hers really struck a chord with me (especially this bit : "...when I like a person or believe they’re talented, I immediately begin thinking of ways to assist that goodness or talent...I am that meddling lady who fixes friends and clients up on blind dates, sends them want-ads for jobs I believe they’d be great at, cuts articles out of the paper they must read, finds them better apartments to live in. This instinct is genetic, I think, and I’m so lucky and pleased to have found a career that’s allowed it to flourish (legally).")

Queried her because of it and have a partial out right now, so thanks again.

Happy to hear it, BC11! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody had any transactions with this agency recently? Seems they don't really look to the Sci Fi/Fantasy side of genres.

~Fleur

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering would it be wrong to query 2 agents here at once?

Even if an agency's website doesn't specifically tell you not to query more than one agent at a time, I still wouldn't do it. If they both request, you're sunk, and even if they don't, agents chat around the water cooler just like anyone, and they probably won't take your query as seriously if they feel like you're just canvassing the neighborhood. (I know that's probably not what you're doing, but that might be how they take it.)

I'd query the agent you think is the best fit, then, if he or she rejects, wait a month or two and query the other agent.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering would it be wrong to query 2 agents here at once?
It's a huge no-no to query two agents at the same agency simultaneously anywhere. Some agencies have a "no from one is a no from all" policy. Some let you query another agent after the first has passed. But don't query two at the same agency simultaneously. If they both request pages and both offer rep, you're pitting them against each other. That's not good.

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Sent query 5/29/14. No response yet. Anyone with recent experience with this agency?

dda27101

Banned
Reaction score
Sent only the query 6 days ago, next day request for 5 pages, next day request for 50, two days later request for full.
Hope is alive.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Queried via online form 10/9/14
YA Post-Apocalyptic
No response / assuming no