• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Greenhouse Literary Agency

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Thursday with the first five pages pasted, got a full request today (Sunday) with a super personalized and excited email!!! (and I quote: "There's a certain phrasing here that I really like")

HOORAY!

Anyone have any experience or thoughts about her?

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah rejected my full after I initially queried a couple months ago, in about three weeks, with around two pages of notes, even referencing specific page numbers on occasion. She ultimately passed, but gave me so much to work with in terms of revising the manuscript that I was smiling over my rejection.

Gemnyc

reading 24/7
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this just to say I had a lovely personalised email R from Sarah Davies, explaining exactly why she didn’t think my MS was for her. This really helped as I think my query may be putting too much importance on one aspect of the MS, so a rewrite of the query may be in order to change the focus. Nine days from query to reply. She seems like a really professional agent.

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
How long did it take for Sarah to respond to your queries? It's been a little over a week for me and I wonder if my email went through. I've heard from friends that they sent me stuff but I never received it. Should I resend?

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my query on the 15/1 and Sarah responded with a request for the full on 2/2. Still waiting for a response on the full *fingers crossed*. A week doesn't mean it didn't go through, esp since she just did a blog post about getting inundated with queries.

I'd say wait a bit more, and then if she hasn't responded in about a month or so re-query.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Just got my R in the mail :( She's quick though - just a week from query to rejection!

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Inkspatters.

And Roly, you sent it a week ago and already got a response? Hmm..Hopefully mine is coming soon.

modo

Registered
Reaction score
Don't fret. I just got a partial request from a mid-January query.

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
Don't fret. I just got a partial request from a mid-January query.

I know Modo, but it's coming up on a month now having heard nothing from my query. Has anyone else waited this long? I know it isn't really a "long" time to wait in the agenting world, but it seems like everyone else got a response within 1 -2 weeks. Still wondering if my email got lost. Plus, I've done some revisions on my pages and wondered if I should resend.

Don't know what to do.

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
mmm... maybe status-query? what do the guidelines on her site state?

Stikan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stinakanaris.com
I know Modo, but it's coming up on a month now having heard nothing from my query. Has anyone else waited this long? I know it isn't really a "long" time to wait in the agenting world, but it seems like everyone else got a response within 1 -2 weeks. Still wondering if my email got lost. Plus, I've done some revisions on my pages and wondered if I should resend.

Don't know what to do.

I queried Sarah Davies on Feb 11th and got an R Feb 17th. She said she liked the query and the idea, but wasn't connecting with sample pages as much.

It says on their "How to Submit" page to wait up to six weeks and if no response by then, to email them.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
ILove2-

I submitted my query on 1/30/10, so I'm in the same boat with you. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks and resend with an apology if she's already seen it.

From everything I've read, I think she's an agent who eventually responds.

Irene

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I finally resubmitted the query this evening. In her website guidelines, she says if you haven't heard back in 6 weeks, resubmit.

First query letter sent: 1/30/10
Second query letter sent: 4/6/10

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She reps a lot of fantasy -

ILS

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
ILSinTexas, I queried her on 3/26 and got my R less than a week later. It sounds like she didn't get yours.

Was very disappointed about the R - from the description of her tastes, I thought I had a decent chance with her. Oh well, back into the fray with me!

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Beckstah,

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my R from Sarah today. She said she was sorry my first sub was lost in cyberspace followed by a typical query letter rejection. She wrote one of the nicer form rejections that I've received. It's too bad she passed. She'd be a wonderful agent to have.

ILS

Last edited:

valeriek

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... not sure what went wrong with your search but the thread is here:
<snip>
They're a great agency!

Last edited by a moderator:

redsoxfan83

friday night lights fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
babyiwasborntoread.blogspot.com
I'm really excited, having gotten a full request from Sarah Davies not 24 hours after I sent an e-query. It's great to read that she gives genuine feedback on fulls, even when they are rejected.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
she rejected me a little while back, took somewhere around a month, maybe a little under. She found my novel "very original and interesting" but it didn't "touch her in the heart" as much as she hoped it would. Ah well. She was certainly very nice, and I appreciate the personalized rejection, but I do kind of wish I had more to work with than making it more heart-touchy. I'm guessing this was simply a case of like, but not love. Best of luck to you, redsoxfan!

lm728

i'm baaaacccckkkkkk
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a sample chapter along with my query which Sarah deemed way too shorf, and requested to see the next 20 pages. The full request came the next day. She couldnt believe I'm a high school sophomore...most people dont. :tongue
Still waiting!

herenow

Registered
Reaction score
Does Sarah represent more books than on her website? I thought she represented Adrienne Kress. I see mention of Julia Churchill, but not of Greenhouse in any of Adrienne's online interviews. I think Adrienne is a member on here?

How do you all feel about working with a one person agency? I would like to hear your thoughts, as this is new to me. Though it seems to be a respected agency and one a few have mentioned they would love to work with. I am just wondering why? in the kindest way of course!

Last edited: