Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome new folks, don't mind the innuendo, it gets flung around pretty wildly. If you can't dodge, just fling some back.

(I always carry a hand towel to wipe up the accidents.)

Too much squee about books recently, I may have to make an order. Not that this is a bad thing mind you. I need new books. I need more time to read as well, but I don't think Amazon.jp has any of that in stock.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Well, sleep won out over the movie. I feel 10x better now. My dad didn't care. We'll probably end up going tomorrow.

Dudes, how awesome would it be if every university set up a puppy room for stressed students around exam time?

Halifax: epic win.
This might be the greatest idea in history! I would have been a much happier student with daily puppy time.

Did someone mention chocolate?

Please, oh please let it be dark.
:hi:

My uni is a dry campus. Doesn't seem to stop anyone from drinking, although it puts a damper on the possibility of an open bar during finals.
Same here. My school was a dry campus. Everyone just went off campus to get wasted. Me excluded. Sometimes I felt like the only sober person around that place on the weekend and people tended to give me weird looks when I told them I didn't drink. Apparently responsible behavior wasn't cool. :Shrug:

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
This might be the greatest idea in history! I would have been a much happier student with daily puppy time.

Exactically!

Okay, so I just dealt with the business card. That was stressful, so now I shall make jello. Mmm, high-fructose corn syrup. :)

And I found tonnes of those tiny embroidery beads! Wooohooo, now I can bead! Er, well... After I move, I mean.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:gaah

So I get home from work. I'm in a vaguely meh mood because I have cramps. Yes, those kinds of cramps. Deal. Anyway, I get home and the toilet is running running running and I think, "Oh, my brother must have used it and the flap got caught." (He lives with me part of the time because of his job. Today he was home sick, but was out when I got home.)

So I jiggle the handle.

Which comes off in my hand.

Oh. So I open up the tank, and there's the rest of the handle, halfway down the drain. I pull it out and reset the flap and then proceed to inspect the handle. The plastic has sheered off. So maybe I can fix it with superglue.

Scrounge around for the superglue and find it. Huzzah! Take cap off. And find that the brush part of the cap has glued itself shut. Boo.

At this point, the brother returns from getting food. "Toilet handle is broken." I say. "It must have snapped off when you used it last, because I got home and it was running and running running."

"Yeah," he says. "I noticed. I tried to flush and nothing happened, so I opened the tank, lifted up the broken handle until it flushed, then dropped it back in and put the lid back on the tank."

And at this point I'm a combo of :Wha: and :rant:. Because... dude. You couldn't freaking PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME to tell me the toilet's broken? Instead, you wait for me to come home and discover it? So not cool.

So I go out in rather a huff and get superglue. Come home. Try to glue the pieces back together. Fail. Brother has retreated to his bedroom, which might have been because of my stomping out in a huff...

So I go out again and buy a handle repair kit. Apparently, this sort of thing happens to toilets. Come back, install the thing. I am a tool user! Raaar!

And now my toilet works again.

It's ice cream time.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My son said there was surprisingly little illicit boozing at his school. I guess nobody wanted to jeopardize their position. I mean, seriously, how many places in the U.S. offer a free college education?

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
Same here. My school was a dry campus. Everyone just went off campus to get wasted. Me excluded. Sometimes I felt like the only sober person around that place on the weekend and people tended to give me weird looks when I told them I didn't drink. Apparently responsible behavior wasn't cool. :Shrug:

I know, right? I have this problem all the time. :(

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
My son said there was surprisingly little illicit boozing at his school. I guess nobody wanted to jeopardize their position. I mean, seriously, how many places in the U.S. offer a free college education?

Dewd. Yeah, that makes the booze a lot less worth it.

I can't imagine putting myself in that position, but I can see why once you're in you'd want to stay.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
:O Speaking of puppies, here's a heartwarmer. A local woman put out a call here for information about a missing pup after her house had been broken into (some valuables were stolen as well, so the worst was feared about the dog). Well we just all heard that her puppy is home safe!

Aaaand now I will go back to my packing. Toodles :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm fresh out of ice cream, but I can always milk some chill-smibbles for some... :Hug2:s while you wait.

Thanks. :) I actually had ice cream. And lactaid, too. Now I'm curled up with my lavender-buckwheat therapy pillow, which is nice and warm and soothing.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get home and the toilet is running running running

Wait, whoa, back up to this part.

He just let it RUN?? He didn't take the lid off the tank and make sure the flap closed that way? Or at the very least turn off the water to the tank?

He just let it run. All afternoon or whatever.

Wow.

Wonder how that's going to jack up your water bill.

cameomac

Geek girl since 1977
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. My school was a dry campus. Everyone just went off campus to get wasted. Me excluded. Sometimes I felt like the only sober person around that place on the weekend and people tended to give me weird looks when I told them I didn't drink. Apparently responsible behavior wasn't cool. :Shrug:[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, V. I like the occasional cocktail, but never saw the appeal in drinking so much that I couldn't remember anything the next morning.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I felt like the only sober person around that place on the weekend and people tended to give me weird looks when I told them I didn't drink. Apparently responsible behavior wasn't cool. :Shrug:

I'm going to politely point out here that not drinking is not equivalent to responsible behavior, simply because drinking, in and of itself, is not equivalent to irresponsible behavior.

Drinking to stupid excess, yes. But simply indulging in a drink or two is not the same as that by a long shot.

At three beers I am sufficiently not sober enough to drive, and I don't, but that's a long, long ways from being irresponsible, sorry.

:)

Reaction score
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I'm going to politely point out here that not drinking is not equivalent to responsible behavior, simply because drinking, in and of itself, is not equivalent to irresponsible behavior.

Drinking to stupid excess, yes. But simply indulging in a drink or two is not the same as that by a long shot.

At three beers I am sufficiently not sober enough to drive, and I don't, but that's a long, long ways from being irresponsible, sorry.

:)

If only more college students could get that through their heads. XD

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Watching a Let's Play video has given me an interesting idea for a story, where a group of people find an ancient ruin which piques their curiosity. But the longer they stay there, the more they begin to drift away from reality and fall under the influence of the memories within the ruins...seeking to relive their past lives using the intruders as their puppets.

...damn you brain why must you do this to me? I'm trying to write something else, yet you dangle something so shiny and pretty in front of my face...

:gaah

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If only more college students could get that through their heads. XD

You know, I gotta say that while yeah, probably the majority of them don't have it figured out, even in college with the group I hung with, we were generally not going out and getting wasted.

It happened once or twice that one of us would, but not as a routine- and wasn't ever me. I worked weekends.

:D

But we tended to drink reasonably responsibly.

Of course, even then I tended not to drink the cheap stuff, and that tends to limit the desire to simply chug it all back.

:e2drunk:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watching a Let's Play video has given me an interesting idea for a story, where a group of people find an ancient ruin which piques their curiosity. But the longer they stay there, the more they begin to drift away from reality and fall under the influence of the memories within the ruins...seeking to relive their past lives using the intruders as their puppets.

I think I saw this movie.

Not saying you couldn't do it again, or anything, jut that it sounds very familiar.

:idea:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Wait, whoa, back up to this part.

He just let it RUN?? He didn't take the lid off the tank and make sure the flap closed that way? Or at the very least turn off the water to the tank?

He just let it run. All afternoon or whatever.

Wow.

Wonder how that's going to jack up your water bill.

Yeah, he just *dropped the broken bit back in* after reaching in and pulling the flap, and didn't bother to make sure the flap closed before putting the lid on the tank. No idea how long it ran.

Admittedly, he's really not feeling good, but still.

He did come down later and apologize for not calling me.

It can't be any worse than watering the lawn, though.

Reaction score
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
You know, I gotta say that while yeah, probably the majority of them don't have it figured out, even in college with the group I hung with, we were generally not going out and getting wasted.

It happened once or twice that one of us would, but not as a routine- and wasn't ever me. I worked weekends.

:D

But we tended to drink reasonably responsibly.

Of course, even then I tended not to drink the cheap stuff, and that tends to limit the desire to simply chug it all back.

:e2drunk:

It's not every single person I've seen, but it's a much larger proportion than I wish it was.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Whew. I only packed half a dozen boxes today and my ass feels thoroughly kicked. How do people who move a lot do it? It's so... Emotionally draining, all the upheaval and shizz.

Going to take an actual break this time with tea and Youtube and shizz.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not every single person I've seen, but it's a much larger proportion than I wish it was.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. I don't know why it is, because there is no good reason for it other than it seems to be culturally ingrained, and that's kind of circular reasoning.

:Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.