Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Milkweed. :welcome:

Spent the day doing pre-vacation shopping and accidentally walking into a talent show in a mall. It was hosted by local DJs and featured an artificially-enthusiastic talent scout. The contestants had to get onto this rickety stage in between Lids and Old Navy. It featured everyone from pageant moms and their beaming Tammy Fay kids to a dude doing a dialogue from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead...by himself.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
Hi, Milkweed. :welcome:

Spent the day doing pre-vacation shopping and accidentally walking into a talent show in a mall. It was hosted by local DJs and featured an artificially-enthusiastic talent scout. The contestants had to get onto this rickety stage in between Lids and Old Navy. It featured everyone from pageant moms and their beaming Tammy Fay kids to a dude doing a dialogue from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead...by himself.

That sounds like it would have been... interesting.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Okay, only eyeblink said anything on the actual day, because he's awesome like that. The rest of you are a day late due to timezonez :p

But...

Aaaaand since it's apparently Australia Day...

kiwibird.jpg

I assume this is nothing like an actual kiwi bird, but it's what I always picture. :D

This is a sign I need to get off facebook. I have a story swap contribution to finish! :eek:

I find it amusing that you picked a kiwi emblem and bird for this, given it has nothing to do with Aus :p That there belongs to New Zealand. We call them kiwis too, as a nick name.

I have eaten. Veggie burgers never tasted so good. But considering how hungry I was, spam would have tasted good.

So, there's nothing of much interest on tonight. I'd like to write but I'm really tired. I'm don't think I'd be able to give it my best.

For Australia Day:

downunder.jpg

*sigh*

And hello Milkweed :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor future girl, all mistimed. And I didnt have the heart to mention the kiwi confusion.

Are you sure my comment wasnt on the day? I said something right after Eye! I'm also wondering why my irl Aussie friend hasnt emailed me back yet... Perhaps too much partying.

I have had too many weird dreams since 3am. Including one where Bettie was strongly implying Hillz was her secret identity. Then she was saying Mac was about to shut down the Hillz account. Everyone was confused and I was mad because both Bettie and her alter alias were in the SS. Then I realized Hillz wasnt real and got sad

My brain is cracked.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have had too many weird dreams since 3am. Including one where Bettie was strongly implying Hillz was her secret identity. Then she was saying Mac was about to shut down the Hillz account. Everyone was confused and I was mad because both Bettie and her alter alias were in the SS. Then I realized Hillz wasnt real and got sad

My brain is cracked.

:Wha:

That would make me sad. We need the awesomeness of BOTH.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Every time someone posts "dire" I think of wraiths.

I need to read something a bit more serious soon or my brain will melt. *eyes shelf* Dammit. *goes back to reading Conan*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. Trying to get a couple hours of outlining in before church.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, well, I could have gotten a better night's sleep.

At least I've thought of a really awkward conversation for my main character to have with her love interest in the next book! =^_^=

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Lying in bed trying to sleep last night I randomly ended up thinking up and slightly role-playing a scene from a story I didn't even know I had in my head.

Was a pretty good scene too... just a shame it was from a romance that's apparently technically slightly illegal. *shrug* Moving on then...

Kids are really hard to write believingly. Really really hard.
When I've needed to I write the dialogue as if I was just writing a drunk adult. You'd be surprised how similar the stuff they say is.

Also, good morning/afternoon/evening (delete as appropriate to your timezone) Cantina! :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Kids are really hard to write believingly. Really really hard.

They seem to have their own worlds, and things are interpreted through their lens of understanding - approach the writing of children with that in mind. I have no idea what is going through Zoe's head most of the time, so having the surrounding adults be confused by non-sequiturs and strange train-of-thought sentences can add to the honesty of the scene...

Don't try to write a small adult. That's what films do, and it rarely works.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. MrMac has gone for a hair cut (and a beard cut as well apparently) so that means cartoons for me 8)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dire wolves.

Ion, the turkeys are having a pbs behavoir special in my yard. The two toms are back. They are spending most their time displaying, particularly the older tom. He's trying to intimidate the younger tom, but he's just ignoring it from a foot to inches away. Uno stopped by, chattered to them, and buggered off. Maybe he found Gimpy in the neighbors yard.

Crazy turkeys.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Urgh, tired. Got some wordage done, not entirely sure how I'm going to wrap this SS up.

Anyway, night :) Got monday off *YAY* so I'll get some more done then.

The money is going to be so good for this weekend though. Public holiday and sunday wage rates. Awesomesauce.

I am very happy that tomorrow is a day off though.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Outline finished!!!!!!!!

I only have ten minutes to get dressed for church and get out the door. But I HAD TO FINISH!

Writing is such an addiction.

I don't know if I should start writing when I get home, or let the thing marinate for an afternoon before diving in. I have Audio drama responsibilities I've been neglecting in favor of the outline.....

I'll figure it out later. Time for church!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina! First thing this morning, I got caught up in my comforter and nearly fell. I caught myself, but bent back my big toe. It's still a little sore.

There will be writing today now that I'm rested. I tried last night and just couldn't concentrate. I about week to finish this chapter and work on another. We'll see.

Err...sorry. :gone:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Which of us broke the Cantina, LadyV? You, or me?

BTW: back from church, anybody miss me?

I still haven't decided whether to start writing today, or let the outline marinate a little first. I'll figure it out after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.