Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a little bit on my chapter but ended up editing more of it. I try not to, but sometime a little editing gets the writerly juices flowing.

How very British of you. :tongue
Considering I'm a total anglophile, I'll take that as a compliment. :D

New idea: a story with a giant rabbit named Dust Bunny. *files that in back of mind* =^_^=
I recently had an idea for a race of plains nomads that ride around on giant jack rabbits instead of horses. I'm not sure how comfortable that would be but it would look cool.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Cantina. Four hours of tennis and some other things watched, and story advanced by 1200 words. That's enough for today.

Off to work tomorrow, but never mind - when I get to Friday at 5.15pm I'll be on leave for a week!

Thursday is payday. It's been a very long month...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Erm, no. :D One of these things.

Ah, much better!

Though I get the feeling from having seen Suzuki Sidekicks that the engineers gave them exactly that much thought? "Hey, why don't we throw one of those together?"

Off to work tomorrow, but never mind - when I get to Friday at 5.15pm I'll be on leave for a week!

High fives for upcoming leave! :e2bear:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good evening Cantina. Four hours of tennis and some other things watched, and story advanced by 1200 words. That's enough for today.

Thursday is payday. It's been a very long month...

:( I really wanted Murrey to win. He's got that underdog flavour about him.

ION, I have found the Japanese version of Deviant Art. it's interesting.

Still in my pjs, as of this moment, and about to start writing. The day off for Australia day is today, so everyone's home. They're watching original star-trek in the next room.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
DOOOOOO EEEEEEETTT! I would read that shizz like nobody's business!!
I'm sure you would. However that particular genre is one of those that my knowledge of extends to roughly something in the middle of "sod" and "all."

Which is what always happens. I get an urge to write a genre I know nothing about then when I start looking up stuff about it, my mind decides it doesn't like that one any more and picks something else instead.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Front room = clean. All but the huge pile of mail.
Kitchen = clean.
Living room = disaster.

But I'm getting there. I'm taking a break to rest and eat dinner (homemade crab mac & cheese) and then the living room will be made less of a disaster.

I also have plans to office-ize my office in a few weeks when my brother is back at his place (as I will need the guest room to shovel crap into in order to clean the office). I've decided that a wall of book shelves will help with all the damn books.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People. No sports spoilers of any kind. It's not nice.

That said, I don't really care two figs about tennis though it is a tough sport. Carry on.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to jump into the story. I have about four hours to bedtime, I can do some damage to the first chapter or two in that amount of time, right?

I wrote an opening this morning. It sucks. Good first line, the rest of it sucks. But that's okay, I'll fix it in edits. Now to push on. Think I can get four thousand words before midnight?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gina- how many damn books do you have? And do you have more or less of the blessed variety?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
The damn books are the ones on the floor. And there are many. Not sure how many blessed books there are, because the damn ones take up so much space.

I have some shelving in that room, but it's not the kind books go well on. I also have a bunch of old electronics I need to take and have recycled. Then I think I can finally use it as an office again.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I apparently killed the Cantina.

Oh well. More beer for me! :D

(Actually, I'm drinking a beer brewed in Hershey PA. No, it does not contain chocolate.)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have nothing but damned books. They are all in boxes, except the few that are strewn about in places they don't belong.

I had something funny to say, but I forgot it.

I have had too many weird dreams since 3am. Including one where Bettie was strongly implying Hillz was her secret identity. Then she was saying Mac was about to shut down the Hillz account. Everyone was confused and I was mad because both Bettie and her alter alias were in the SS. Then I realized Hillz wasnt real and got sad

My brain is cracked.

Your dreams are so like my dreams. I can't handle it.

I also couldn't handle a shovel with the delicacy of a certain human cyborg. I could never wield the fashizzle like Hizzizzle.

Outline finished!!!!!!!!

I only have ten minutes to get dressed for church and get out the door. But I HAD TO FINISH!

Writing is such an addiction.

I don't know if I should start writing when I get home, or let the thing marinate for an afternoon before diving in. I have Audio drama responsibilities I've been neglecting in favor of the outline.....

I'll figure it out later. Time for church!

Congrats on the outline!

I wish I felt writing was an addiction. I seem to do everything to avoid it. I have serious fear of finishing.

I did not write today. This week every day of sitting down to write has been a painful slog. So I took today off to recharge, read and probably give this new shiny slut of a story idea its own journal.

Once it gets its own journal.... it achieves awareness. I won't be able to hold it off much longer.

How very British of you. :tongue On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm being weirdly motivated to write by chocolate milkshakes and the kind of music you'd hear in a very stereotypical gay club.

Admittedly it's a story I'm very hesitant to work on due to issues of decency, but the point still stands.

Still, different strokes for different folks indeed. :D

I usually try to listen to music that goes w/ the genre i'm writing. But, despite writing a gothic romance, I have taken to listening to Sonic Youth when I write. There's something about the formless cacophony....that somehow achieves form.... that works. Or seemed to be working. Even tho.... it's been a nightmare this week.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that when I wrote the original story that I'm now rewriting, I would have been up to Chapter Five by now.

I'll finish up Chapter Three and play a little Snatcher before hitting the hay tonight. I've never been able to make myself do editing or rewriting, but looking between the original Floral Seed and the rewrite, it's just...so satisfying. (And it took me about three minutes to figure out what words I could use to describe the feeling. "so satisfying" is the best I could do. =^_^=)

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I just got news that one of my friends from med school died late on Friday evening. I just... He was so alive, and so vibrant, and I worked with him on organising the world health conference and I've never met a person more enthusiastically involved with the things he was working towards, and the things he cared about.

He died of typhoid fever. I got an invite to his funeral today. The worst thing, worse than looking at the RIP messages, was looking at the messages on his wall when he'd organised to meet up with a friend, or talking about witnessing at his older sisters wedding. Which was just over a week ago.

He was just such an amazing person, and he could have done so much. R.I.P. Amuthan Annamalai (15/07/1989 - 25/01/2013)

God, he was only a year older than me. It's just not right.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:, Sian, that's terrible. I'm so sorry. :Hug2: again.

23 is certainly no age to go. 48 wasn't for my recent loss. What age is?

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I don't think there's any proper age. Someone will miss that person.

Sorry for spewing all the words like that. And thanks Eye. Hugs again for your loss of your friend.

Just went out for coffee with mum, and now I have chocolate. Also had cute kittens to hug for a while. I'll be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.