Your Last Finished YA Book?

justlukeyou

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am writing my first YA book. I am intrigued to hear about the completed books of more experied writers.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've finished my MG and adult fantasy projects, but I've never managed to finish a YA. It kind of bothers me.

Jo Zebedee

space opera-popcorn lover!
Registered
Reaction score
Off the shoulder of Orion, not far from Belfast.
Website
Www.jozebedee.com
I have an agented YA and have just embarked on another YA. I also have a NA that sits at the top end of YA and an adult trilogy.

Tbh, I don't find it massively different - the character leads it and once I'm the character (I write close, close third) their voice should come through and suit the age. Should, darn it, should... :D

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I have two published YAs.
One I'm subbing at the moment.
And another that's 95% done and abandoned at the moment. (I will get back to it though, my brain won't completely let go of it. i feel rotten every time I stop. Ironically it's my only young male MC) anyway...

and I started on a 5th YA (7th novel) and it seems to be going okay (for now.) So we'll see...I need to cheer-lead myself better though, haha.

beautyinwords

Registered
Reaction score
Finished YA novels? I've got plenty of those in notebooks and old files. I just finished the first one I ever felt like another person should see. I ventured into the wide world of querying at the beginning of this month. Started the second book I might want some one to see...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
My last finished YA novel would have to be Soulshard - the third novel in my Shard series. My latest published YA novel is Debris Dreams (buy it nowwwww) and the novel I am currently working on is Worldshard - the first novel in the Shard series.

You may ask why I wrote three books before editing the first.

Well, one, my beta reader was really slow. And two, so I know what continuity I'll need...

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
My last finished YA is the one my agent signed me with in June -- started it around the end of 2012, started querying March 1st 2014. Now I'm halfway through the first draft of the book I'm writing while I'm waiting for things to happen with that novel.

I've written... 19 finished manuscripts before these ones, though, and went through the query process with two of them, unsuccessfully. I think the one I'm working on now will be my 21st. I should really keep better track.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I have 9 completed YA books (and then some MG and adult ones too). The most recent one was finished in 2012, and I have edited it and sent to betas, but haven't revised since then.

I have a book published by a small e-pub and a bigger publisher working with me on another book.

justlukeyou

Registered
Reaction score
What are these are books called, are they on Amazon?

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
I have one published.
I have four in various stages of writing/completion/revision/editing etc
I have one that is trunked forever.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
I've finished my first YA.. well, first book at all, actually. I started it about... March 2012, I suppose? I'm in my fifth and (hopefully) final round of revisions, then I'll finally get to querying agents in the winter time.

stephen andrew

Write, write, and keep reading
Registered
Reaction score
My most recently completed YA is a sci-fi/fantasy which I've queried a bit, but it may be a tough sell in the market right now, and it's the first in a series so an even harder sell right now. In the mean time I'm working on a stand-alone YA contemporary that is Breaking Bad meets Romeo and Juliet, which I am pretty excited about.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My last two completed YA novels have not been published yet. The two before those two are ABOUT to be published. One called Burn Baby will be on shelves Dec 11th...and one called Half Dead & Fully Broken will be on shelves in January. My last two completed are called Alive & Kicking (sequel to HD&FB) and That's Me in the Corner.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I have one completed MG that will most likely never see the light of day again and one completed YA that I am in the query process for right now. The YA is the first in a Post-Apocalyptic trilogy, so I'm mentally working on book 2 while querying book 1. I plot everything out in my head before I write a word.

Emmet Cameron

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, what's "finished"?

I just recently noticed I'm coming up on 4 years of writing and re-writing my only complete manuscript (YA or otherwise) thus far. Inching towards the possibility of publication (I have an agent, and my current revision is an R&R req from an awesome publisher), but it's crazy to imagine this thing will ever be done-done. Especially since the only other writing project I've spent this much time on never *did* get done-done -- it was a play, and never actually got to an audience beyond friends who did me a solid by doing a table reading with me.

justlukeyou

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, what's "finished"?

I just recently noticed I'm coming up on 4 years of writing and re-writing my only complete manuscript (YA or otherwise) thus far. Inching towards the possibility of publication (I have an agent, and my current revision is an R&R req from an awesome publisher), but it's crazy to imagine this thing will ever be done-done. Especially since the only other writing project I've spent this much time on never *did* get done-done -- it was a play, and never actually got to an audience beyond friends who did me a solid by doing a table reading with me.

That's really interesting. So you have an agent from one manuscript? What input does the agent guve you?

DenmarkHarris

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wattpad.com
When You Feel Beautiful

Hi,

I am writing my first YA book. I am intrigued to hear about the completed books of more experied writers.

I just finished my YA paranormal novel called When You Feel Beautiful:) Currently in the process of editing it and eventually I'll have it critiqued by the fine people on AW.:)

SillyMom25

Registered
Reaction score
I have five finished YA contemps, three of which are currently for sale.

Last edited:

Christracy19

Registered
Reaction score
I've finished one YA and another sort of YA? The second one is a bit more adult. But neither of them are published and I'm currently working on a MG.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see. In order, they are:

The Tower
Death Bytes
Twisted
Lindsay Versus the Marauders (out this June)
Lindsay, Jo and the Tree of Forever (due out October 31st)
Catnip (see avi)
Master Fantastic (still haven't heard from the publisher, but no hurry on this)

Have three more on submission, so we shall see. All of them are YA. The Lindsay novels were/are my first attempt at writing from a girl's POV, and the feedback I've gotten so far has been pretty decent. Enjoyed writing the trilogy quite a bit.

Just completed an adult novel--What She Saw--and sold it...and working on a paranormal novella entitled Arcana. Up to around 32000 words so far...looking to get in around 58500 or so. I want to keep this one shorter than my usual novels. As with all things, we'll see what happens.

bethrodgersauthor

Registered
Reaction score
My new book, 'Freshman Fourteen,' is a young adult novel about Margot Maples and her relationships with friends, parents, her crush, and the boy who is crushing on her. She is trying to fit in as she starts ninth grade, but there are obstacles in her way, including circumstances that she finds are way beyond her control.