Reaction score
*sigh*

AGAIN?

*begins looking at real estate listings in other countries*
England. Come to England :D

And Bos is running for President now?

"Vote Bos: The Gentleman Lech"

"Bos: Angelically perving since 1804"

Morning folks. Kricket I love your avi btw :)

So I am back at work today, sneaking onto AW in the office. I haz a sad. I was enjoying my holiday :(

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
14 degrees and windy. But hey, at least the bus was late.

If anyone needs me, I'll be thawing in the fireplace.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Bos: He'll plow your street before 4pm."

Last edited:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
"Bos: He'll plow your street before 4pm."
Wow. The whole street?

"Bos: 100% committed to plowing in the morning!"

I. Am. In. Pain. :(

Oh noes! Take drugs. Drugs help with pain. *passes drugs*

Afternoon folks. Boring work is boring. Also, the three day week is making me all lazified - I don't truly believe we're back at work because it's not Monday morning, so I'm all 'meh' about everything.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Oh noes! Take drugs. Drugs help with pain. *passes drugs*

Afternoon folks. Boring work is boring. Also, the three day week is making me all lazified - I don't truly believe we're back at work because it's not Monday morning, so I'm all 'meh' about everything.

Thank you, but they always make me feel funny, I try to avoid them.

Three day week? Do you remember the three day week from the 1970's? Loads of good stuff came from that, books and music wise. Hmm, perhaps that's the problem, you're at work not writing right? Oh well, why not try turning it into a plot-line as you go round the office?

'And then the coffee machine turned on Fiona and in a squeaky whistley voice demanded more electricity and better conditions if she was going to make more than two espressos an hour.'

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
"Bos: He'll plow any time you need him to!"
"Bos: The only candidate willing to plow on demand!"

Three day week? Do you remember the three day week from the 1970's? Loads of good stuff came from that, books and music wise. Hmm, perhaps that's the problem, you're at work not writing right? Oh well, why not try turning it into a plot-line as you go round the office?

Alas, I wasn't even born in the 70s. But my main problem is I just plain don't like working. I'd rather be at home, chilling and working on my novel :e2bummed:

I would like to be at home writing, in fact. Or more accurately plotting on my amazing Gantt chart. *le sigh*

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Alas, I wasn't even born in the 70s.
I just about remember it, it was great fun if you were a kid like me. If you had to work in a supermarket like my mum, you generally walked around with atorch in one hand

But my main problem is I just plain don't like working. I'd rather be at home, chilling and working on my novel

Feel free to correct me, but having spotted your contradiction I feel it's necessary to say that you don't like to work for the man. (You know I watched School of Rock last night right?). It's not work per se, everything from cooking to shopping is work in one way or another. It's the point of the work really, I understand it's crummy, but look on it as research. All my time (speaking as an old fossil, that's a lot of time) in crummy jobs was crummy, but now it's invaluable research.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feel free to correct me, but having spotted your contradiction I feel it's necessary to say that you don't like to work for the man.

Eh, working for Da' Man is not that bad. He has allowed me the freedom to enjoy little things like paying the mortgage, eating, and playing with elebenty-bajillion different hobbies. Maybe it's not the bestest job evah, but I've had much, much worse.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Feel free to correct me, but having spotted your contradiction I feel it's necessary to say that you don't like to work for the man. (You know I watched School of Rock last night right?). It's not work per se, everything from cooking to shopping is work in one way or another. It's the point of the work really, I understand it's crummy, but look on it as research. All my time (speaking as an old fossil, that's a lot of time) in crummy jobs was crummy, but now it's invaluable research.
I think it's most accurate to say that I don't like nine-to-five desk jobs or, in fact, any type of going-to-work work. If I could work at home as a freelance journalist I'd be golden and honestly wouldn't mind.

Yeah, it's just The Man. I don't like working for him *glares at Man*

I'm dreaming of the time when I can work full-time on my writing, at home, at a nice big desk in a dedicated office 8)

I view my time in the workplace with mixed feelings. Yeah, there's some gems, but much of it is dull - the stuff that's happened to me outside the workplace is far more interesting.

Eh, working for Da' Man is not that bad. He has allowed me the freedom to enjoy little things like paying the mortgage, eating, and playing with elebenty-bajillion different hobbies. Maybe it's not the bestest job evah, but I've had much, much worse.
Pfft. Sell out!

Btw Cobra I hope you are noting down all these Bos slogans in the quote book.

And I hope we get to see the complete quote book one day.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And Bos is running for President now?

Well, not yet, just contemplating more involvement in local politics is all. But that idea kind of blossomed into a more expansive one.

:D

"Vote Bos: The Gentleman Lech"

"Bos: Angelically perving since 1804"

"Bos: 100% committed to plowing in the morning!"

"Bos: The only candidate willing to plow on demand!"

Anytime you ladies want to stop trying to "help" me, I'd be fine with that. Really I would.

*watches nascent career in politics burst into pretty, pretty flames before it even starts*

:roll:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Ahoy, Epic Multi-Quoting!

I'm sorry. The party bus just seems like the place to be. Of course, I'd prefer coffee to alchohol and to be on it by myself....

what?

don't judge...

Can I have the other end of the bus, bettie cakes? Then we can sip our coffee and laugh out loud to ourselves about funny things on the internetz.

If I owned my own dogsled, I'm sure I'd be as nonchalant about it as you are.

:wag:

It's not like the government here- and the snow plows - shouldn't be used to this. We get this every single winter.

I was making dogsled jokes in my head the whole time.

I. Am. In. Pain. :(

I am sorry. I can relate.

N-Ewe-Indo

Thank you, but they always make me feel funny, I try to avoid them.

That's half the funny. *Enjoys the buzz of pain meds, but only takes them legally.*

I have no love for working for Teh Man. I want to work for myself.

Da Man may pay my bills, but he's also taking my sanity with him. No. Love.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I think it's most accurate to say that I don't like nine-to-five desk jobs or, in fact, any type of going-to-work work. If I could work at home as a freelance journalist I'd be golden and honestly wouldn't mind.

Yeah, it's just The Man. I don't like working for him *glares at Man*

I'm dreaming of the time when I can work full-time on my writing, at home, at a nice big desk in a dedicated office 8)

I view my time in the workplace with mixed feelings. Yeah, there's some gems, but much of it is dull - the stuff that's happened to me outside the workplace is far more interesting.

You share my dreams! In addition to being a journalist, I'd enjoy being a researcher and/or data analyst. I enjoy mucking through data.

And I always thought my husband would help me chase my dreams, including the one where I start my own business and work from home. Sadly, that hope has been dashed.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Anytime you ladies want to stop trying to "help" me, I'd be fine with that. Really I would.

*watches nascent career in politics burst into pretty, pretty flames before it even starts*

:roll:

What? We're talking about clearing the roads of snow. Pfft. Dirty minded old perv... :p

Also have you ever made so many innuendos that everything starts to sound sexual? Not that... this is happening to me... right now... *ahem*

Status
Not open for further replies.