Web Designer Who Knows Wordpress?

MichaelAnthony

Registered
Reaction score
I currently have a Wordpress blog but I'm looking to change up themes without losing all my current blog posts, etc. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations for a good, and affordable, wordpress developer who I could work with and who can help me spice things up a bit.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I currently have a Wordpress blog but I'm looking to change up themes without losing all my current blog posts, etc. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations for a good, and affordable, wordpress developer who I could work with and who can help me spice things up a bit.

You don't need a developer. Just someone with some familiarity with WordPress.

Are you hosted at wordpress.com or did you install WordPress on your own site?

MichaelAnthony

Registered
Reaction score
I have someone else who is my host. He had set up the site for me initially, but I can't afford his services to make the changes that I want, so I'm left having to do it myself, which seems too complicated, or finding someone who's affordable who can help me out.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I have someone else who is my host. He had set up the site for me initially, but I can't afford his services to make the changes that I want, so I'm left having to do it myself, which seems too complicated, or finding someone who's affordable who can help me out.

A link to your site would help.

Do you have Admin access to your site? FTP access?

Do you need to move the site to a different host/server/ISP?

MichaelAnthony

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have admin access to the site. No idea what FTP means. I don't need to switch hosts/servers as far as I'm aware.

Here's a link to my current site: MassCasualties.com

Here's a link to a website I just created with Weebly: MichaelAnthonyWriter.com

Basically, I want the MassCasualties one to look like the one I created on Weebly, but with Wordpress.

(The reason I want to keep the Mass Cal one, is because I've heard some negative things about Weebly, on this forum, and other places, and my Mass Cal one I've already been blogging on for a few years and has backlinks, etc.) Does that clarify?

Thanks for the interest and help too!

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Yes. You want a Wordpress theme that looks like a Weebly theme. One that has a landing page that is radically different from the rest. Or would you settle for a uniform appearance, which is much simpler to achieve? Weebly is not Wordpress.

You can install Wordpress themes through the Wordpress dashboard. Appearance --> Themes --> Add new. Try the previews, and remember that WP is flexible, allowing all sorts of items to be added or taken out. "Dice" looks like it could be tweaked into something like. The tweakage is what sometimes takes a bit of techie knowledge.