2015 Cricket World Cup

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I am so pleased for Afghanistan. They have really punched above their weight. Yesterday's game, I didn't think they were going to get to 100 early on. But their number 8 made a hell of a stand!

I've supported them since I saw a documentary on how they got started. Fascinating stuff.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
And so the misery is over.......

England are so crap it's embarrassing. But at least now we can't creep our way into the QFs and get slaughtered by India. Saves some pain I suppose.

But well done Bangladesh for their first QF. And to Ireland too.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me about it.

And now there's calls for KP to come back..... <sigh> We need to look forward, not back.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I feel strangely relieved. To lose to NZ, Aus and SL and still qualify would have been pathetic.

I doubt Pietersen could come back any time soon. He'll have pulled that many muscles laughing over the last couple of weeks.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Wow what an exciting nail biter in the first semi! Good onya Kiwis :D (Hope you didn't have to listen to Warnie's two bob earlier.)

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
What an incredible game! Amazed NZ won, frankly - was staring at the telly through my fingers that last over.

Felt so, so bad for the South African team, though. Neither team had ever made the finals before, and to get so close... they would have been worthy winners, so I hope they can feel proud of what they accomplished.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
NZ won with a 6 off the penultimate ball of the match (bowled by Dale Steyn)

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, de Villiers was actually weeping, poor guy. Not his fault, he did his best.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Morkel was upset too. The reactions were huge, such was the pressure of the game and the importance of the knock out final. Both teams put in everything they had.

Vettori came in late and had to go all out while cold. A couple of runs were squeezed out from swings and misses. Runs needed was always more than balls left. South Africa missed a couple of run outs and catches. It was soooo exciting. The crowd was electric. I was squealing at the telly. (I answered the phone as a catch was dropped when two fielders bounced off each other. Whoaaaaa I screamed, rather than saying hello :) )

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nasty hobbitses stole the precious from South Africa! :D

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Can't believe I missed this thread. I only got to watch the highlights of the NZ vs SA game (condensed into 3 minutes) but wish I'd been able to watch the whole thing. The India vs. Australia game begins well after my bedtime here, but I may just have to give up a night of sleep for that one.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Go the Black Caps!!!

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered