MarNoWriMo 2015!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
130 words revised today. Slow, but I've done SOMETHING every night for the past 21 days.

Tired. Next day off Friday. Can't wait.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just wrote 1100-ish words for the De-cluttering book.

Now, for this month so far, I've written about 5.2k on the De-cluttering book, 14k for Black Book, about 1.5k for TLC, and about 4.2k for blog posts. This makes 24.9k for the month - call it 25k, as these are approximates.

I'm quite happy with 25k this month. I'm only aiming at 30k for Camp NaNo, so yeah. It's been my most productive month since finishing Uni, so hooray!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Came home from rehearsal yesterday so tired that I made dinner and then just collapsed in front of the television and watched "Chopped" the rest of the night (a guilty pleasure). I was going to work on my script a bit and then write, but none of that happened. I think not having a day off since Monday last, along with the previous week's craziness, finally caught up with me.

Write 10k words on WIP: 8363 out of 10,000
Read two books: 2 out of 2 COMPLETED
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1
Review agent notes on Book 2 COMPLETED
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary

Maybe I'll get something written today; if not, Thursday I finally get a day off. I have a lot to accomplish that day but writing is definitely on the "to do" list.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For the half-hour I had to write yesterday, I mostly just shifted words around. Too tired to do much else after a full rehearsal day. I got a good night's sleep last night and today I have a day off, so I'm hoping I might actually hit goal if I can get some uninterrupted time. I have so many chores and errands to do, though, and my show goes into tech tomorrow, which means 12-hour workdays through the weekend. My next day off is Monday, so if I don't reach 10k by today, then I still have another day to achieve my writing goal.

Write 10k words on WIP: 8488 out of 10,000

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I might have a 3 day weekend.

5k editing goal, though I'm tempted to shoot for 10k (aka end of chapter 3).

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good writing day. Goal in sight.

Write 10k words on WIP: 9312 out of 10,000
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary[/QUOTE]

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to write in the last few days. What else is new? I technically shouldn't be writing tonight either, but I'm going to go for about an hour.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Tried to write the next section in the nonfiction book, but wasn't in the mood for it. So I had a brief nap, then suddenly had inspiration for a blog post. So wrote that, which was nearly 800 words. :)

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Robotics all weekend, and my parents are coming up to stay the night. I'm happy to have them but I have SO much cleaning to do.

There will be no writing done for the rest of the month. Dang it. I'm only halfway through chapter 7 for applying changes. Next month is all about the writing, so that should be a nice change of pace. There's a goal I'll be pretty comfortable hitting ;)

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was able to get some writing done during our dinner break tonight. Fingers crossed: if tomorrow's rehearsal is as relaxed as today's I may meet my goal by close of day. If not, then probably Sunday.

Write 10k words on WIP: 9536 out of 10,000

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong. I wasn't up to page 68 last night - more like page 55. The problem was, this is book 3 in Lord of the Rings, and the page numbers started at, like, 731. So yeah.

Anyway, up to about page 80 now. Not sure if I'll get this finished this month, but I can try.

ETA: Just wrote another section of the nonfiction book, which was about 1k words. That book is up to 19.7k now. So close to 20k! Hooray! It's over twice as long as the first draft. :) I only have 1 more section planned, but I might think of some more things to add. Probably will... This last section doesn't really "feel" like an ending.

Last edited:

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
1802 words edited last night.
3327 words edited today.

Already hit my 3 day goal of 5k. Still another 7.7k words to hit the end of chapter 3.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I've been listening to parts on my book on a text-to-speech converter. It's really helping me fix the flow of the story and find stupid typos. I wish that I could find a text-to-speech converter that understood contractions as one word and not say "you el el" instead of "you'll".

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it was NOT a relaxed rehearsal day, but I still had enough time on our dinner break to edge over the finish line on my writing goal. :hooray:

Write 10k words on WIP: 10,010 out of 10,000 COMPLETED

Maybe I'll get inspired to do those revisions on Book 2 - there aren't that many of them. On the other hand, I hate to get sidetracked when I've been chuggin' along on #3, especially with Camp Nano ahead. Maybe I'll get inspired and do that blog post...

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
@Cliff face -- You got this! Which book is it btw?

@mrsmig -- Wow, great job on your goals this month. I'm so excited for camp to start.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
The Return of the King, by Tolkien. :) I've read it many times before, but I was in the mood for LotR lately.

I finished reading the Hobbit a three weeks ago. Thankfully, it was an audiobook. Possibly the worst book I've read in years. I thought the movies were a bad adaptation of the book, but now they seem to be an improvement.

I did like the LOTR movies, so maybe I'll like those books. Funny enough, I just finished reading the first book in the Wheel of Time series. I got all the way to the end before I realized that I've read it before. /smack forehead.

EDIT: 4k words edited today. I gutted chapter 3 and the end result is a lot of filled plot holes for later in the story, as well as some fairly unique fantasy ideas. Well, I think so. My MMC is turning out to be more of an ass, though.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just past page 160; 120 or so to go.

Also wrote 600 words for the De-cluttering book, bringing the total to 20,277. It's past 20k now, woo! :D I just wrote the conclusion, though I may consider extra sections to add in. But for this month, I'm calling it done.

So this leaves, of my goals, reading 120-odd pages, and writing the remainder of TLC. I think TLC will remain unfinished this month, though.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
yay, mrsmig, on writing goal!

I'm doing surprisingly well despite the mess of a month. I'm hoping to get that last story finished over the next couple of days (I'm technically on holiday, but it's a visit friends/family type holiday, and I'll have plenty of downtime, especially in the evening).

1. Edit four chapters of novel 4/4
2. Edit two stories 1/2
3. Read four books 7/4
4. Either 500 words or 2 edited pages a day

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Results of my 3 day weekend:

Day 1 -- 3327
Day 2 -- 7713
Day 3 -- 1786 (still working)

Total: 12826. Wow. I'm really proud of myself. 33% done with second draft (31k/96k). I completely gutted and rewrote one of the chapters. Things that happen later on in the book now have a purpose and an explanation. I'm actually enjoying revising this book, because I love putting in hints for what's to come.

Last edited: