A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1228 today, and STILL not at the end of the chapter. This one is meandering. The last time I had one of these, I ended up pulling it to bits in revision and distributing it all over the rest of the book. Important to get it all out, I suppose.

Fabulous words and editing, everyone! I love seeing everyone's projects grow.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't wrote anything yet on my novel just yet, but I know that I will at some point. If not, then I will be writing at the weekend.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Nice progress, Ken and lizmonster!

Mr Mitchell - Good luck with it.

Nothing last night. I had a meeting that took up most of my time. Today I'll be back at it.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
The words have been flying these past couple of days. Got 518 this morning! Wrapped up a chapter and got the start of the next. Brings the WIP total to 27785! :hooray: Looks like I'll hit my months goal and maybe have a few words to spare. :D Going back for more after lunch.

ETA: Managed an additional 500 words even this afternoon! Grand total today, 1019 words! WIP is now at, drum roll please.............. 28,285! :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Outline finished! Started off with a vague idea of what I was doing this morning and now I have a full, proper outline, ready to start putting down some actual words tomorrow. It's turned into more of a thriller-y type thing this time than straightforward murder mystery, bit different to my usual stuff as well, so should be fun to write (I hope)!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Congratulations on the outline, Zelenka! It's always fun to roam out of the usual sometimes. And YAY Ken and IAM on the words!

wonderactivist, sometimes I think blogs should count!

1215 tonight, and that's the END of the interminable, meandering chapter. Boy, it started out so focused, and then just wandered into the weeds. But for now it's done, and I can eviscerate it when I edit.

One more chapter to finish, and then I want to back off and outline. I've also got a short story rattling around in my head - a prequel thing. It's perhaps a little brutal, but having thought of it I kind of want to write it.

AFTER I do one more round of edits on the beta, of course.

I know it's a luxury to have too much writing to do - but yikes! :scared:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Excellent work everyone!

596 for today. I'm having minor surgery tomorrow so I doubt I'll be doing any writing, but I might feel up to it Sat. or Sun. We'll see.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lizmonster!

1,612 so far today (not counting false starts). Chapter 1 of this new / old project is done. On to POV character number two now...

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be doing so well this month - Congrats on all the words everyone, and Liz Zelenka for getting the outline finished.:hooray:

Saoirse: Good luck with the op.:Hug2:

I'm tidying up scenes so no new words for me today.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Awesome wordage, Lizmonster, Saoirse and Zelenka!

muse, editing is a good thing.

Saiorse, hope the op went well. :Hug2:

Only managed a meager 500 words today. Short day at the day job.

There is good news too! I found out late yesterday that they are extending my contract for at least another 6 months, so one less thing to worry about! :D I told them that was my Christmas present.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Great news, Ken!

Total wordcount for today - 5,117. Stopping now though as I'm losing my steam. Thinking of locking myself in this weekend to see how much I can get done.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Hope you don't mind me barging in halfway through the month. :e2flowers

My problem at the moment is that I haven't yet got into the habit of writing every day. It's not a time issue, I just like to procrastinate. So I'm joining this challenge to make sure I write every day, hopefully at least 500 words.

Everyone's updates have been really inspiring. A massive congrats to everyone so far!

I've written 545 words this morning and hope to match that this arvo.

~franky.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yow, Zelenka, that's amazing!

Bravo to everyone else as well!

1017 today. Feels a little shy. A lot of description, which should probably be more exciting than it is...but it is progress. Probably another 2-4K to finish this section, and then I can get to outlining.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
There is good news too! I found out late yesterday that they are extending my contract for at least another 6 months, so one less thing to worry about! :D I told them that was my Christmas present.

:hooray: Fantastic news!

Hi everyone

:welcome: franky! Glad you're here. :)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. It went well and I'm doing pretty good considering.

I didn't want to push it so I didn't write at all, but I may give it a go today if I feel up to it.

franky_s - Glad to see you here! The more the merrier!

lolabelle

Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm in the process of getting my 90k MG novel down to ~60k (or less if I can manage it).

I hope it's no problem if I invade your party space. At 234 for today.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fantastic news, Ken.:hooray:

Total wordcount for today - 5,117. Stopping now though as I'm losing my steam. Thinking of locking myself in this weekend to see how much I can get done.

:poke: You can do it, Zelenka.

Hi everyone

My problem at the moment is that I haven't yet got into the habit of writing every day. It's not a time issue, I just like to procrastinate. So I'm joining this challenge to make sure I write every day, hopefully at least 500 words.

Everyone's updates have been really inspiring. A massive congrats to everyone so far!

~franky.

Welcome, franky, and congrats on the 545 words.

1017 today. Feels a little shy. A lot of description, which should probably be more exciting than it is...but it is progress. Probably another 2-4K to finish this section, and then I can get to outlining.

Great word count, Liz. Don't worry about exciting until you're ready to edit, just get it down for now. (Hark at me, should take my own advice. lol)

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. It went well and I'm doing pretty good considering.

I didn't want to push it so I didn't write at all, but I may give it a go today if I feel up to it.

Glad everything went well Saoirse.:Hug2:

423 for the past 2 days.

Didn't feel like writing that much yesterday after the horrible scenes over in America.

I know what you mean, IAW, sobering scenes indeed.:cry:

This sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm in the process of getting my 90k MG novel down to ~60k (or less if I can manage it).

Hiya, lolabelle, invade away, the more the merrier. :D

I've managed a paltry 387 words today, but I am determined, determined, I say, to crank the wordage up this evening. I refuse to be distracted by...oh, look, pretty birdies in the sky...:e2bouncey

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
1,200 today. Not a good day. Kitties have been nuts and I've had to stop every five minutes to sort them out. Plus just generally been in a bad mood for some reason.

And managed to screw up writing an email to chase up a submission. I mean, I'm fairly sure the story's been rejected anyway and just the letter's gone to my old address, but now they probably think I'm an idiot as well as unable to write a good short story... ;)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

Welcome, frankly - great start!

Hey, I was a party crasher when I joined, too. So at the very least we're crashing together. :D

Didn't feel like writing that much yesterday after the horrible scenes over in America.

There's so much to say, and absolutely none of it helps. :(

And managed to screw up writing an email to chase up a submission. I mean, I'm fairly sure the story's been rejected anyway and just the letter's gone to my old address, but now they probably think I'm an idiot as well as unable to write a good short story... ;)

Well, maybe it's just me; but I think following up when you haven't heard - even if it's an address change issue - is the professional way to handle it. And you never get anywhere if you don't submit, so good for you.

1,987 words today and finally broke 60k, which is the halfway point. :D

Happy halfway, Saoirse! :Clap:

Managed to finish the chapter with another 2,176 words today. I had said I was going to outline after this...but I may write one more, just because it's on my mind.