Not open for further replies.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Congratz Sage! :Hug2:

Still in the planning stages over here, got my facebook account for the book set up and my Twitter feed [though I like FB better, just more used to it]. And then the website gets launched soon... *shakes head*

Exciting times, p-dragon! So which story is Shadow Born?

Happy birthday, Smiley0501! :partyguy:

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Smiley!!!

It's definitely weird after you graduate college and you're in that "okay, so now what" space. Just wait until the fall when you don't have books and school supplies to buy or classes to register for, that's really strange. My husband was getting his masters after I'd finished school and it was such an odd feeling watching him get ready. Getting used to working is weird too.

Like Netz said though, exciting times for all (Sage, Smiley, P-dragon, and any others I missed!)

strandedhero

Registered
Reaction score
I solve the what to do after graduation by having more school lined up! :) I'll worry about that again when I'm 28...

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley, I remember that pressure. I was the last one of my friends to find a job after college. Those were nail biting times, but turned out to be pretty great. Stay true to your dreams and morals you'll be ok.

Dorothy, I am in my 40s too. Best time of my life, so far.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Smiley!

I graduated on my birthday too (but birthday's not for 2 weeks). And my 10-year reunion is coming up.

Here's my coworkers' response when I said that I wouldn't be free that weekend for the reunion. "High school reunion?" Dude, I've been working there for eight of those years, lol, they should know better.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Awww... thanks! Yeah, getting the web stuff all in order. Just got my website up this morning, FB, Twitter - I am going to be 'e-xhausted' by the time the book releases ;)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the b-day wishes. I went out to dinner with my friends :Hug2: and I went to Kr1$t1n C@$h0r3's release/book signing for B1tt3rB|u3 :) I got to tell her I love Archer from her book F1r3 :heart:... and I also got a photo with her. Wo0t.

Para - Good luck with all the webbage that comes with marketing. :) You can do it!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday. I don't think I remember what it was like to graduate university, it's been that long...:)

Enjoy your day. You earned it.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. I hate it when you read a book by an author you really like and it doesn't turn out to be good at all. Not a YA author, but chicklit/women's fic. Disappointed.

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
I finally figured out how to make thread subscriptions, so I'm coming in to play. I would always lose track of this thread, then feel like I would be a sucky person if I popped in and out at random and never "met" anybody, and then...well, just stayed away.

But now I know how to fix that. Hello!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I finally figured out how to make thread subscriptions, so I'm coming in to play. I would always lose track of this thread, then feel like I would be a sucky person if I popped in and out at random and never "met" anybody, and then...well, just stayed away.

But now I know how to fix that. Hello!

Hi! :hi:

What is a "thread subscription"? Just curious...never heard of that phrase before.

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
Hi! :hi:

What is a "thread subscription"? Just curious...never heard of that phrase before.

There's this wonderful awesome feature of vBulletin boards that lets you get e-mailed or notified when threads get updated. I knew about the e-mailing, but heaven knows I don't want to get an e-mail every time someone posts to a thread I think is moderately interesting.

But, I discovered, you can also choose "no notification" and simply visit your User Control Panel every time you come to AW. There, it shows all the threads you were keeping tabs on that updated since you were last on the boards.

You can toggle those options from the "Thread tools" link on the top of the thread.

...or, I may just be the most Type A person on the planet...please excuse me while I take this pair of pants out of my in-basket and decide on a next action...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know, that is cool about the thread subscriptions!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
No, no, thank you for telling me about it. Sounds easier than scoring through the boards for what you want. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.