Need Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyEnnui

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed up with Textbroker (overnight) and did well enough with the test, that they gave me a rank of 4 today.

Well, I was looking through assignments and realized I couldn't find a single one I felt comfortable doing. I feel lost and overwhelmed. I am, for all intents and purposes, a hikkomori with little experience outside the home.

Any advice? Google is just feeding my anxiety. I know its not the best site, but we all got to start somewhere...

NinjaFingers

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennpovey.imagination-evolution.net
I gave up on Textbroker a long time ago. At a rank of 4 you're getting 1.4 cents a word...and you risk being dropped back to 3 (and 1 cent a word and basically no work) at any time, including for breaking "grammar rules" that didn't exist when you posted the articles.

It's not worth dealing with the quality of client that site attracts at that bargain basement rate. Other people have found they've had a great experience there, but I'm not going back there unless it's that or starve on the streets.

LadyEnnui

Registered
Reaction score
I see. :)

I am in that kind of situation at the moment though. Its either TB or nothing at the moment.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
Well, I was looking through assignments and realized I couldn't find a single one I felt comfortable doing. I feel lost and overwhelmed. I am, for all intents and purposes, a hikkomori with little experience outside the home.

Examiner.com? I mean, you're still looking at absolute pennies if you're lucky enough to make pennies, but it's a place to start.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I just signed up with Textbroker (overnight) and did well enough with the test, that they gave me a rank of 4 today.

Any advice? Google is just feeding my anxiety. I know its not the best site, but we all got to start somewhere...

When you say you couldn't find any you felt comfortable doing, what do you mean exactly? It would help to know why you're uncomfortable.

henmatth

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
If you find Textbroker quite difficult to your thoughts and writing skills,
try to look for more options. There has to be one that fits your needs.
Life's like that -- you win some or lose some.
And if you do find one that is exactly what you need,
hold on and do your very best. Good luck!

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Try applying for some of the team clients there. They pay more. I did two quick articles today for eighteen bucks from a team. They were easy and took less than an hour to complete. Just be aware that many textbroker clients are demanding morons. Many think less than a penny a word qualifies them to demand multiple drafts and two hours of the writer's time for a handful of coins. I only go there now and then to pick up a little cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.