zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I realized the other night that I hadn't hit my funny bone in years, I hadn't seen anyone do it in years either. When was the last time you did it, or saw someone do it?

Yesterday, actually. Saw a guy whack his funnybone on the shopping cart in the grocery store.

I haven't done it in a long time myself, but the last time I did, my arm didn't stop vibrating for like a week. I might've just burnt out my funnybone. Let me test that... why did a chicken cross, um, in a... wait, it was crossing, but then, no, did it have a parachute? no, that's not it, hang on, hang on, I got it! Interrupting cow!

Nope, definitely dead.

ETA: post 2222!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
My right elbow - about four (?) weeks ago. Doubled me over with the longest "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" yell heard in a decade. Seriously, whenever people state that mankind is the result of intelligent design, I point to the existence of the "funny" (HA!) bone as proof that intelligence was not part of the design process.

ETA: Okay, so it may not be as painful as trapping your shin awkwardly under a metal object and having an indentation left for weeks afterwards, but it is damn close. Nearly as bad as an ice headache, which is no end of fun, and as welcome as an unexpected Carrot Top appearance on television.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hit my funny bone a fair bit.

Now, the funny bone is of course actually a nerve. A major nerve. It lies too close to the skin and against bone, thus we have so many issues with it.

Now also, we know nerves conduct very well. You know what else conducts well? The electric top wire I set up in a horse pasture and connected to a rather powerful fence charger.

And never again will I accidentally or otherwise touch the back of my elbow to a fence.

Fking ow x elebenty zillion.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, wait what is this thread for again? xD

Sci Fi
Fantasy
Writing
Cooking
Gardening
Pregnancy
Sickness and health
Idiot coworkers
Stupid things I've done, sometimes involving skunks
Banthas
Hot men
Smexy ladies
Hideous people with no enough clothing
Moving
Tactical shovels
Cute animals
Watching TV for income
Cats
Stress
Random bouts of humour
Hugs
Kilts
Black sheep

I could keep going but I do need to sleep.

Everyone check out the extended book study!!! Please. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. That beats most of my recent injuries.

You win. :)

Really didnt feel like a winner at the time ;) nor a loser as I was busy cursing and stumbling around in agony.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily the agony part faded fast, but the residual pain lingered.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Okay, I have a question. I'm a bit afraid to ask it. They* might be watching.

This may be a cultural thing, or it just may be my personal experience.

I realized the other night that I hadn't hit my funny bone in years, I hadn't seen anyone do it in years either. When was the last time you did it, or saw someone do it?

I seem to remember it happening fairly frequently when I was younger. I'm hoping that either my ability to notice things like this has deteriorated or I have just forgotten. I worry however that the universe has changed in some fundamental way...this is leading to story idea.

*I will at some point describe who they are, but I fear them.

**I could not find a smiley that would appropriately convey fake paranoia. I think I got the rambling stream of consciousness done okay, but without a smiley I think I'll get recommendations for meds.

Growing up, I tended to push my bed against a wall. In college, all my beds were against walls. I think I rammed my funny bone so many times that it's now about the same and ramming any other part of my body...

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Also, I'm finally starting to watch Game of Thrones. I'm also starting to read Game of Thrones.

Kind of an interesting experience to do both at the same time.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Kuh.

Wote.

Buuked.

that's pretty much what I live for, CM

I do haz a rep, but I'm trying to rise above it ;)

received and answered, Oh Great and Powerful Fairy Queen.

*winks

I seem to remember it happening fairly frequently when I was younger. I'm hoping that either my ability to notice things like this has deteriorated or I have just forgotten. I worry however that the universe has changed in some fundamental way...this is leading to story idea.

**I could not find a smiley that would appropriately convey fake paranoia. I think I got the rambling stream of consciousness done okay, but without a smiley I think I'll get recommendations for meds.

ok, I was wondering this just the other day... also - does deja vu also fade as you age? Because I can't remember the last time I had that happen, and it used to happen to me all the time.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I think I did that recently with Pat Barker's Regeneration. First non-sci-fi, non-fantasy book I've enjoyed in a while.

What do you think of the books so far (I haven't seen the show, nor did I like the first book enough to finish it)?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
ok, I was wondering this just the other day... also - does deja vu also fade as you age? Because I can't remember the last time I had that happen, and it used to happen to me all the time.

I've had moments where I stop dead in my tracks and would swear blind that I am reliving the same moment. My theory (and one which the folks on this thread, particularly, will like) is that we aren't somehow glimpsing the future, but are somehow tapping into other versions of ourselves - skipping across the multiverse for a moment before landing back where we are meant to be.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered that you're merely forgetting that you experienced the same moment before? Y'know, the memory *is* the first thing to go...

Which probably explains why when I put something down, I can never work out where I left it.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

I whack the damn thing every now and again.

Sickness and health

You forgot for better and for worse. ;)

My deja vu never dies. It is strong like my kung fu.

Or something like that.

I think I'm going to try to go into work for part of the day tomorrow. I don't know about that. I am feeling somewhat better, but my sick eye gets fatigued pretty easy and then I have to lay down and close my eyes.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Hasn't faded for me yet.

Deja vu has always weirded me out. It's such a strange feeling.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh hey... what happened to Psycho? I haven't seen her in ages... did she get swallowed by another wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.